IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Invasion of the Philippines!
imtheheadhunter
post Feb 6 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Debug assertion failed! Text:people == stupid!
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 1,609

The PLA has invaded the Philippines in an effort to stop the US from invading Southern Asia. The USMC has managed to get a foothold on one of the many islands. Now they must fight the determined PLA to take the rest of the Philippine islands.

Bot Support by shanejohn

D/L here!

This post has been edited by imtheheadhunter: Sep 25 2009, 09:52 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
<andy>
post Feb 6 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #2

BF2142 SP Dev

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 1,684

nice!

dling now.

smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Battlefield 2142 Full Sized SP Maps- Download
http://www.myspace.com/andyhome

+Quote Post
Velocity
post Feb 6 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #3

MR. POLY

Member No.: 1,985

Haha, that looks really cool man! DL'ing also!

Thanks buddy bigthumb.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sgt.kzi33
post Feb 6 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #4

Who wants monay?

Member No.: 1,162

Nice map this was one of my favo maps from 42 dling now!
Now if we could add some ships leveling some islands and some heavy bombers this would remake the FH version tongue.gif

--------------------
Girl waits for you outside, pregnant, while you're in prison. She meets a white guy. While you're in prison. They get married. You get pissed. You escape from prison. Man hunt. You go GTA till you hunt them down in Miami. ~ GroovyDawg

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Feb 7 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #5

Advanced Moderation
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

Awesome!!! Great work heady and SJ! bigthumb.gif

--------------------
Tourguide: This building has been untouched for over 3 hundred years. Tourist: They must have the same landlord we do.
Courtesy costs nothing, yet it's rewards are priceless---unknown

My skins, sounds, and camos downloads

+Quote Post
spartan117gw
post Feb 7 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #6

General

Member No.: 1,696

QUOTE(MasterChiefRulZ @ Feb 7 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]67673[/snapback]

Awesome!!! Great work heady and SJ! bigthumb.gif

HOLY . hey if i can get it to work and get the bots to play this map well(i ddnt play ur map a bunch yet but it looks killer) may i use it in bf2assault. thats funny i think more than one of urs and shanejohns (you guys are sp map making geniuses) . thanks bud

--------------------

You've been GD'ed.

+Quote Post
ForwardElement
post Feb 7 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #7

Private

Member No.: 2,303

Thanks for this map. It looks great.

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Feb 7 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(spartan117gw @ Feb 7 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]67681[/snapback]

hey if i can get it to work and get the bots to play this map well(i ddnt play ur map a bunch yet but it looks killer) may i use it in bf2assault. thats funny i think more than one of urs and shanejohns (you guys are sp map making geniuses) . thanks bud

ok, if im understanding what you said correctly, the map doesnt work? why? what error are you getting? and i thought the bots worked just fine. at least they did a good job kicking my teams butt a few times. could you give me some ideas on how to get the bots to play better? and ya sure you can use it in your mod.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spartan117gw
post Feb 7 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #9

General

Member No.: 1,696

QUOTE(imtheheadhunter @ Feb 7 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]67715[/snapback]

QUOTE(spartan117gw @ Feb 7 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]67681[/snapback]

hey if i can get it to work and get the bots to play this map well(i ddnt play ur map a bunch yet but it looks killer) may i use it in bf2assault. thats funny i think more than one of urs and shanejohns (you guys are sp map making geniuses) . thanks bud

ok, if im understanding what you said correctly, the map doesnt work? why? what error are you getting? and i thought the bots worked just fine. at least they did a good job kicking my teams butt a few times. could you give me some ideas on how to get the bots to play better? and ya sure you can use it in your mod.

oh lol. i ddnt play teh map just yet when i wrote it. what i meant by getting maps to work is if i can get the gameplay to work out well. i like how u set it up, though really nice. i loved how the bots go out and capture stuff. though in my mod teh bots get totally sloughtered. fore example on vulcan island custom map(an awsome map) the bots ddnt work out that highway very well, and if i tried a d day boat\and or apc landing they got sloughtered. ur map is really cool . hmm the islands seem a li far apart after the inital taking over of that first airstrip and lil island but that was fun to ttake. if only the larger ilsand had one big bay instead but its still cool. though i noticed this on wake island is that theres places for boats to land(that only humans really make good use of) like a landing beach in the enemies rear. bots dont really use those to well. like the best maps for bots. tend to be city style. but ya i enjoyed ur map. might tweak it and make it look darker, was a lil bright but fun fun fun. though chinas airfield was a lil. hmm. like it was a lil close to the frontlines, which is why i guess dice always put airfields in the rear so that important piece of land wouldnt be taken. but either way the map is fun. more walking space on teh big island would be nice. but ya. hell you know way more than me bout map making and stuff. i couldnt even make a map the otherday.lol and iw as reading the tutorials and all that lol. let alone navmeshing which you and shanejohn do a brilliant job. over all. fun great map.

--------------------

You've been GD'ed.

+Quote Post
tycobb79
post Feb 7 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #10

Captain "of the toes"

Member No.: 429

Thank you guys. You really did an outstanding job on this IMHO. Very similar to 1942. The jets tear you up if you are on foot. Thanks again I really enjoyed it.

--------------------
"Regards"

+Quote Post
_ript
post Feb 8 2007, 06:03 AM
Post #11

warpig

Member No.: 617

Many Thanks for sharing with us bigthumb.gif

+Quote Post
Crimson_Raptor
post Feb 8 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #12

Still dripping with the blood of his enemies on his claws...

Member No.: 1,555

That must ahve taken forever to make. I wish there was a way to use the old '42 maps in BF2 or BF2142 for that matter.

--------------------
I want you to remember that no bas tard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bas tard die for his country

+Quote Post
PC_Load_Letter
post Feb 8 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #13

General
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 641

I think headhunter hinted in another thread that he was working on making new BF2 versions of the old BF42 maps.

Great work!! Can't wait to try it out.

Michael

+Quote Post
winterhilf
post Feb 8 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #14

Major

Member No.: 1,401

QUOTE(Crimson_Raptor @ Feb 8 2007, 07:44 AM) [snapback]67790[/snapback]

That must ahve taken forever to make. I wish there was a way to use the old '42 maps in BF2 or BF2142 for that matter.

if there was a tool to transfer the heightmaps from bf42 to bf2 it'd make the process much easier...don't think there is one though.

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Feb 8 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(PC_Load_Letter @ Feb 8 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]67809[/snapback]

I think headhunter hinted in another thread that he was working on making new BF2 versions of the old BF42 maps.

ya, next one is kasserine pass(shanejohn requested it), then eagles nest(dasroach requested it), then tobruk(unless some one else requests something else)

no im not gona do ALL the maps, just a dozen or so from BF1942/RTR/SWW2/FH/DCF.

That must have taken forever to make.

not really, using the original colormap to help build up the hightmap, build a new colormap, and place all the objects, REALY speeds things up. and keeps the map as close to the original as possible.

if there was a tool to transfer the heightmaps from bf42 to bf2 it'd make the process much easier...don't think there is one though.

there is, the battlegroup frontline guys released one(look for it at BF2 Files). but remember, EA/DICE wont let you use the origonal hightmaps for stock maps.... mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:44 AM