korben_dallas
post Jan 20 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #1

Classic Rock? no.. classic BF2

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 262

Does this look correct?

user posted image

North of the map is up to the left. I'm assuming the top of the box would be the more appropriate beach direction, so I chose ZZmax.

--------------------
Thanx!

~Keith "Korben Dallas"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
korben_dallas
post Jan 20 2006, 04:22 AM
Post #2

And..

Looks like the SinglePlayerEditor is leaving out a value.

user posted image

I thought BF1942/BFV LZ's only had 4 parameters. Does the BF2 one need Y (height)? or rotation maybe?

--------------------
Thanx!

~Keith "Korben Dallas"

+Quote Post
Outsider
post Jan 20 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #3

Major

Member No.: 672

Landingzones are depricated in BF2, they are not used any more.

+Quote Post
korben_dallas
post Jan 20 2006, 05:10 AM
Post #4

Heh. Guess no one told the guys at DICE Canada. rolleyes.gif

So how would you suggest to the bots to land a boat in a specific spot? Use a vehicle waypoint?

--------------------
Thanx!

~Keith "Korben Dallas"

+Quote Post
kysterama
post Jan 20 2006, 05:25 AM
Post #5

Major Sleepless Nights
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 933

lol Korben, I was just searching on a way to get more boat action in Sharqi. I'm eagerly watching this thread too wink.gif

EDIT-> I made a AIenterOnSpawn rule right on the jetty, on the navmesh, directly next to the boat. The bot enters it and dies? Do you know why?

EDIT2-> Never mind, when i turned the water off in the editor, there is a massive space of no navmesh all the way around the jetty...right where the boat is sitting.

UGH! EDIT 3 -> The bots all get in the boat now, but have no desire to go anywhere. I set up a vehicle waypoint where I want them to land, but no cigar, so I guess the normal waypoints are not the answer. I had a quick look in Clean sweep but couldn't see anything glaring out at me about why the bots use the boats there.

This post has been edited by kysterama: Jan 20 2006, 06:57 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outsider
post Jan 20 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #6

Major

Member No.: 672

Look at Clean Sweep for bot boat action.

Bots in boats pathfind all the way to the CP and get out of the boat when they no longer can avoid going on land.

+Quote Post
whodat1
post Jan 20 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #7

Put that pin back in that grenade soldier!

Member No.: 291

I used the Enter on Spawn with the RIB's on Zatar and found that they will use the boats, but they will head directly for the CP. On Zatar, this meant they would cross the river with them, but never take a round about way with a boat.

I would guess KD, that if you want them to land in a specific place, spwn them directly opposite that location and I think they will head for it.

EDIT: In fact, in Zatar they would often head for the nearest shore even if it meant going back towards the CP they spawned from. I had to set the RIB's way out in the water to get them to head for an opposite shore. I remember posting a thread on this months ago called 'Sailors they Ain't!'

This post has been edited by whodat1: Jan 20 2006, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
korben_dallas
post Jan 20 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #8

Since Outsider has said that LZ's are no longer used, then SA neighboring & temperatures would be the deciding factor to which CP they headed.

So, make a standalone SA on the beach where you want them to land and neighbor it only to the target SA (CP). This is actually better than an LZ, because of the temperature option available in an SA, as well as being able to neighbor one-way or two-way connections with multiple neighbors.

--------------------
Thanx!

~Keith "Korben Dallas"

+Quote Post
cajunwolf
post Jan 21 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #9

Root Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 219

I to have been watching this. Have you had any luck with the standalone SA? I am looking at how you would add map specific Strategies into a map. This way the value\temp of the SA\CP's can be modulated by their conditionals of owned, neutral, or hostile. You could then set up several "standalone" SA's along the beach attached to different CP's and possibly have the bots goto the hottest ones depending on the strategy in play. You can then also add in the ObjectsModifiers set up by their ObjectTypeFlag's in the SA's. I can only guess at what we could get themto do then. I have been trying to get time to look at this. From what I see so far you could make a AIStrategies.ai file and place it in the maps AI folder. Then run it from the AI.ai file?

--------------------

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"

+Quote Post
korben_dallas
post Jan 21 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #10

QUOTE ("cajunwolf")
I to have been watching this. Have you had any luck with the standalone SA?

Yes and no. They definitely go after standalone SA's, though I have not see bots drive a boat to one. But this is with just straight temperatures setup on the SA's, no strategies yet. I'm hoping their boat behavior that Outsider mentioned isn't hard-coded to only CP SA's.

QUOTE ("cajunwolf")
From what I see so far you could make a AIStrategies.ai file and place it in the maps AI folder. Then run it from the AI.ai file?

StrategicAreas.ai and Strategies.ai go in the folder /gamemodes/sp1/##/ai/

I believe the strategies.ai will run automatically if it is there. Outsider?

--------------------
Thanx!

~Keith "Korben Dallas"

+Quote Post
cajunwolf
post Jan 22 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #11

Root Administrator
Group Icon

Cool ... I see that you can have different strategies for each SP mode\layer ..sweet.

--------------------

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"

+Quote Post
korben_dallas
post Jan 22 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #12

If DICE would open up the single player menu to allow us to run those 3 map sizes, it would make it extremely easy for us to make map variants.. like day 1, day 2, day 3.. or infantry, ground vehicles, and all vehicles map variants.

--------------------
Thanx!

~Keith "Korben Dallas"

+Quote Post
DACV
post Jan 23 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #13

Major

Member No.: 388

that is exactly what i was asking cajun yesterday

you are saying you cannot have a choice in maps?
like the multiplayer varients have

if i remember the demo correctly(last time I looked at any bf2 code), cant the same coding apply to single player as conquest

if not this is still not a proper way to do a bf game

and as far as sa's ,you can set up more than just at cp's right, to give them routes so to speak which would help with the boat thing; since there are no lz's?

--------------------
I'm not a coder but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

+Quote Post
cajunwolf
post Jan 23 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #14

Root Administrator
Group Icon

I still think there is a way to code the menu thing ... we just havn't found it yet. Maybe that and the ability to select a mod from the main menu will come with the new patch.

I don't even think you would need the stand alone sa to get the bots to go for the cp ...if the boat is the only way to get there they try to use it if possible. You will know if there is a problem with the boat setup if you have 10 bots standing around a boat wanting to use it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 04:39 PM