Battlefield Pirates 2 COOP fixes
Hjaldrgud
post Dec 19 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #1

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 12,044

Hello again.

Christmas is closing in and in my friend group that means a LAN is also getting closer. Besides pimping up Alpha Project, I thought I would prepare the Pirates 2 mod as well for some COOP. Sadly the mod is not near as polished as other mods when it comes to COOP/bots. This is a far stretch, but has anyone here at one point fixed up the mod themselves to get rid of the CTD's plaguing it?

Originally I had another CTD because the gpm-coop did not exist in the python folder. I copypasted the gpm-cq and renamed it and it fixed the CTD. Is it okay that gpm-coop is identical to gpm-coop or is some more lines needed? The gpm-cq is a total mess and is completely unstructured.

My three different CTD's

CTD number 1: This is the most common I get and on every map and is the main, gamebreaking bug
CODE
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagManager.cpp(1232): Debug: Geom: NAMETAG:       This is the unhandled case of item.m_colorIndex == CIOpposingTeam, but not changed == false
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagRenderer.cpp(429): Assert: Geom: (iconMedicIt!= m_iconMap.end() && iconRepairIt != m_iconMap.end() && iconAmmoIt != m_iconMap.end()) An ability icon is missing, but it will try to render anyways.
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagRenderer.cpp(429): Assert: Geom: (iconMedicIt!= m_iconMap.end() && iconRepairIt != m_iconMap.end() && iconAmmoIt != m_iconMap.end()) An ability icon is missing, but it will try to render anyways.

CTD number 2: Only on the Omaha beach map
CODE
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Physics\CollisionManager.cpp(599): Assert: Physics: (it != m_collisionMeshMap.end()) No collision mesh with name "p_shark"

CTD number 3:
CODE
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagRenderer.cpp(1118): Warning: Geom: Trying to render non-icon...
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagRenderer.cpp(1138): Assert: Geom: (!hr) Failed to copy rank icon... Invalid call

I would appreciate if someone gave me some clues on how to repair these problems or if the singleplayer portion is FUBAR and not worth the hassle of trying to repair?

Thank you for your patience.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Dnamro
post Dec 19 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #2

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

I am afraid the SP support for BF2 just won't do pirates justice. If it was worth doing, it would have already been done. Your time is better spent elsewhere. The two main features of BF2 pirates are ship combat, boarding and sword fighting - which bots just don't do very well, if at all.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:52 PM