Soldier camera - backed up, Soldiers' view of weapon/arms
mft004
post Nov 28 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 12,426

Hello again,

would anyone know if there was a way to move the soldier's camera back, so that more of the weapon and more of the hands/arms were showing when standing/running etc.? So far I've worked out that for cameras of planes/tanks, there's a pitch/yaw control which can allow the camera on top of the vehicle to be re-positioned which is great stuff. But I can't see similar options for the soldier camera. Is the pitch/yaw thing something that can be added into soldiers' camera tweaks, or should I be trying something different here?

Many thanks for any help.
Mark

This post has been edited by mft004: Nov 28 2017, 03:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Fastj@ck
post Nov 28 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Major

Member No.: 5,523

I believe that's harcodded but not sure.
For excample, when a soldier sit in a vehicle as a passenger (without added camera to his PCO so he can use his handheld weapons) BF2 put the camera into the chest of the soldier.

+Quote Post
Gilgamesh
post Nov 28 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #3

Captain

Member No.: 10,296

QUOTE (mft004 @ Nov 28 2017, 04:47 PM) *
Hello again,

would anyone know if there was a way to move the soldier's camera back, so that more of the weapon and more of the hands/arms were showing when standing/running etc.? So far I've worked out that for cameras of planes/tanks, there's a pitch/yaw control which can allow the camera on top of the vehicle to be re-positioned which is great stuff. But I can't see similar options for the soldier camera. Is the pitch/yaw thing something that can be added into soldiers' camera tweaks, or should I be trying something different here?

Many thanks for any help.
Mark

Field of view?

Default:

Increased:

Creds: Sgtprof
Fov tut
ph34r.gif

--------------------

.All Hail The King..
..My City.. My Secret..
...Your Demise Is Inedible..

....Oblivion Is Your Only Escape..

+Quote Post
M.Combat
post Nov 29 2017, 03:13 AM
Post #4

Mediocre animator and modder

Member No.: 2,251

FOV doesn't change the guns and hand models does it? E.g. in your screenshots the mp7 and arms remain the same distance and size in the view.
From my experience that's all part of the 1p animation scene, only way to move the camera back is to redo the animations with the camerabone set further back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mft004
post Nov 29 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #5

Private

Fair enough guys; yeh I will probably be changing the FOV a bit anyway, but as M.Combat points out, that MP7 ain't budging from its original position. I guess it would make sense for the chestcam to be hardcoded given that you might otherwise see the soldier's lungs or something :S But thanks for looking into it anyway.

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Nov 29 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Major

Member No.: 5,523

I remember a part of a post about other values but dont remember how they was named. There was a guy who took a weapon from BF2142 and integrated it into his BF2 mod. There was a optical missalignment with the camera and weapon. I remember that i had the same bug as i ported the the AIX Scar to PR.
Clivewil suggested to change something from a value 1.3 to 1.4 or vice versa because BF2 used different value as BF2142.

Maybe clives spidersense starts tingeling

+Quote Post
mft004
post Dec 3 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #7

Private

I have heard good things about this Clivewil, yes maybe he can help smile.gif

But if not then I'll get on with other tweaks I'm working on. The only issue I was really having with the chestcam was that when I was running (I've increased the run speed a bit), I could hardly see any of the rifle I was holding, only a bit of it was peeking from the bottom-left hand side of the screen.
Perhaps there'll be a way to increase the shaking motion of the camera when running, that might sort it.

+Quote Post
clivewil
post Dec 3 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #8

meh.
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 3,545

QUOTE (Fastj@ck @ Nov 30 2017, 08:06 AM) *
Maybe clives spidersense starts tingeling

sorry guys but i don't have a lot to do with soldiers and i've never played around with their cameras, i'm not likely to be of any help sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mft004
post Dec 4 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #9

Private

Was an honour just to see you post (and see the helmeted rodent) smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 07:00 AM