Changing vehicle speeds, A slightly difficult question
mft004
post Nov 22 2017, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 12,426

Hello there,

I'm making several tweaks to the FH2 mod for Bf2, for a singleplayer experience only. I now have a slightly complicated question which is presumably something all Bf2 mods factor in: how do you change the speed of vehicles? Essentially I'm trying to make all planes slower and all land vehicles faster, but I'm having some trouble here; hopefully there's a wizard out there who knows what's going on.

I thought that it was a case of finding 'ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed' in the .tweak and increasing the numerical value, but A ) I'm finding several of those lines in the same .tweak file and B ) I'm not sure which of 3 values I should change.
Take a civilian bicycle for example. There are 8 instances of 'ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed' in the bicycle .tweak, for Framedummy, Frame, Kickstand, Nav_Fl_RotationRpm, Nav_Fr_RotationRpm, camera_RotationRpm, Handlebars, ZMotor_RotationRpm. Should I change just ZMotor? Worse still, ZMotor's current MaxSpeed value is: 0/0/50. Should I increase 50 to a higher value, or change one of the 0s, or both?

Many thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.
Mark

This post has been edited by mft004: Nov 22 2017, 02:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
mft004
post Nov 25 2017, 11:09 AM
Post #2

Private

Hello again,

I have an update to my first post: I've worked out that I need to change the speed settings for the 'engine' or 'motor' only, by increasing the first and third Maxspeed numbers. Now the land vehicles move faster, that's great. But I'm struggling to make the planes go slower. At first I just reduced the first and third Maxspeed numbers, but the planes didn't seem to slow down much. Then as per another suggestion I found online, I also reduced the torque and increased the differential. Now the planes do fly slower, but they struggle to get off the ground If there was a way to make the plane fly normally, but at the speed of a car, which numbers should I focus on?

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Nov 25 2017, 11:33 AM
Post #3

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Take a look at the plane settings for imtheheadhunter's "Dogs of War" mod. I particularly remember he had planes flying slower than default BF2, you might find a clue to what you're looking for in there.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dogs-of-war-bf2

--------------------

+Quote Post
mft004
post Nov 25 2017, 11:47 AM
Post #4

Private

Excellent thanks Masterchief, I'll have a look at that mod's tweaks and go from there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 07:00 AM