IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

View from the team soldier's perspective when sitting on a vehicle seat?
Frosty98B
post Nov 6 2017, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,231

Hello,

we're currently working on seating for the APC for Acheron. We'd like to make the "commander seat" like in the movie Aliens and I was wondering if it is possible.
The commander should only be able see (instead of using any gun) from other players' point of view and switch between them as if they had helmet cams.

As I'm not really sure if that is possible, would it at least be possible to make him see other players from the third person perspective (basically like when the dead player press spacebar and he sees his teammates and can switch between them using the 'c' key, the only difference being that he's on a specifics eat of a vehicle, not dead, and probably uses the mouse buttons instead of the 'c' key)?

Noone in our team seems to have any idea of how this could be achieved, so any help is very very appreciated and any advice or a hint useful.

Thanks

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Fastj@ck
post Nov 16 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #2

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 5,523

I mean i read once on the PR forum that someone suggested to give the pilot of the cobra the option to switch to a fakeweapon or whatever with the same camera ID that the gunner use. Someone said it could be possible when the pilot switches to a fakeport that forces a cameraswitch to a camera with the cameraID of the gunner camera.

1. Atleast, you need multiple unique camera's (cameraID). How to attach a camera to a soldoier .... IDK. I would start to give the recon drone of the SL a camera with a camera ID and than give the TCP a weaponport that
switch to a camera with the same cameraID of the recon drone. Good luck.
2. Each player need one of these unique camera's. Many work
3. The TCP need multiple fakeweaponports, so you can switch the camera input to another camera with a cameraID that a soldier use.

I believe you need also some python vodoo.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 05:40 AM