Tool to update the map's desc info file
Dnamro
post Oct 22 2017, 08:34 AM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

The next coding project that I am working on is to add the process to Worldlife's info map generator (the load maps) to update the desc file.

http://www.moddb.com/addons/na126454

His tool already reads the GPOs and gets all the info needed and it seems like a natural extension to his tool.

I have the go-ahead from Worldlife. He already has two versions, one for BF2 and the other for BF2142.

the basic process:

While processing the GPOs:
>>>create a list of gameplay object data needed.
>>> identify if any SP or Coop modes exist and at what player level.
>>> Identify if conquest mode does not exist - and SP/coop modes exist then display a warning message and let the user know that conquest mode needs to be set up in order to enable sp/coop modes to work. (This is not a requirement for 2142 maps )
--- For the sp/coop modes that have AI, the conquest modes will need the ai="1" inserted after <maptype (Not a requirement for 2142 maps)
>>> check for an existing info\[level name].desc
>>> Create a new one if it does not exist
>>> if it does exist, back it up, delete the current one and make a new one from the backup and update the modes

>>> If there is a <map gsid = line, I will just copy it out. I don't know what it is used for and custom maps don't use them.
>>> the map name line exists, I can make sure it is cleaned up (capitalize the first letter of each word and make sure there is only a space between words in the name
>>> The briefing locid - if it does not exist the new one will be in the format:
<briefing locid="LOADINGSCREEN_MAPDESCRIPTION_[map name]">map description for modders maps not localized (english only)</briefing>
-- The map name, in this case will be all lower case
-- If there are no music tags, I can add this line so users can add their own line later and display a notification message:
<music> </music>
--- For the game mode descriptions I will use the coop version of the conquest mode:
GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_coop_doubleassault
GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_coop_headon

GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_coop_headon

For BF2142 there are no coop versions, so I will just match up the conquest version if it exists, which is usually assault or headon. If it does not then it will be set to:
type="headon" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_headon" as the default.

I can also keep track of the indent levels, make sure they are correct and see about adding it to the desc file, since that is a common issue.

the only other thing that I can think of is to be able to add a custom map description.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
kano
post Oct 22 2017, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Major
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 1,704

when your done with these tools of yours ill add them to Nations At War
along with ours if thats ok, we will be releasing a full editor and set of tools
modified to work with our stand alone version of Nations At War.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Oct 26 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #3

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Sounds good!

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 05:40 AM