IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New Static Object Disappears In The Game, It's present in the editor but disappears in the game.
Frosty98B
post Oct 14 2017, 02:20 AM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,231

Hi,

I recently managed to apply some textures onto the antenna model that I have created for a new map 'Dubnik'. Thanks to Ismoleboss who advised me to try the Shader Wrapper it finally has a textured surface which, I believe, should prevent it from crashing the game.

Everything seemed to have worked, I prepared the map for the in-game use, loaded it and then realised that the antenna just wasn't there. The editor shows it but it isn't in the game.

Now I thought that it might be solved by packing the map so I began packing it but the editor crashed when it got to the geometries and the antenna. I tried to pack it manually and then loaded the game again but it crashed when I clicked 'Join' the game, I tried the windowed mode but it did nothing, no crash message appeared.

So I'm wondering, does anyone has any idea what might have gone wrong or how to fix it?
I would really owe you because this is something I've been working on for quite a while now. Thanks

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Fastj@ck
post Oct 14 2017, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Major

Member No.: 5,523

Everything seemed to have worked, I prepared the map for the in-game use, loaded it and then realised that the antenna just wasn't there. The editor shows it but it isn't in the game

Your FIRST tests with the map, in which gamemode was it? In local coop or in normal local multiplayer?

Can you copy/paste the part of the new antenna from the staticobjects.con ,including the positiondatas and maybe some DisabledChild options or NOTinAI statements.

When you can see the antenna in Editor and tested the map in coop gamemode and the antenna isn't there, could happen that you FLAGGED in BF-Editor the NotInAI and that causes that objects not getting used/rendered in coop/sp with this FLAG.

About the second Tests and the geometry of the antenna crashs. You mounted the antenna into the map or is it in the Mod you working on?

+Quote Post
Frosty98B
post Oct 14 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Captain

Thanks a lot for your reply, mate! happy.gif
QUOTE (Fastj@ck @ Oct 14 2017, 10:56 AM) *
Everything seemed to have worked, I prepared the map for the in-game use, loaded it and then realised that the antenna just wasn't there. The editor shows it but it isn't in the game

Your FIRST tests with the map, in which gamemode was it? In local coop or in normal local multiplayer?

I tested it in the local Conquest (MP).

Can you copy/paste the part of the new antenna from the staticobjects.con ,including the positiondatas and maybe some DisabledChild options or NOTinAI statements.

run /objects/staticobjects/europe/sk_antenna01/sk_antenna01.con

rem *** sk_antenna01 ***
Object.create sk_antenna01
Object.absolutePosition -4.000/76.648/250.000
Object.rotation 20.0/0.0/0.0
Object.layer 1

When you can see the antenna in Editor and tested the map in coop gamemode and the antenna isn't there, could happen that you FLAGGED in BF-Editor the NotInAI and that causes that objects not getting used/rendered in coop/sp with this FLAG.

No, no, no. I never test any map in the co-op unless the NavMesh is done as it would automatically crash (as far as I remember), plus, the options weren't checked anyway.

About the second Tests and the geometry of the antenna crashs. You mounted the antenna into the map or is it in the Mod you working on?

I've created a test mod for it, nothing hasn't been added to it, except the antenna's file (you can see its further localisation above which (I believe) should be alright) and this very map.

This post has been edited by Frosty98B: Oct 14 2017, 03:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frosty98B
post Oct 14 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #4

Captain

Okay, problem solved! I actually only needed to pack the mod - I didn't realise that it wasn't packed as I've already pack it before but then had some editor troubles, so I deleted the packed files in an attempt to find out what might be the cause.
My attempts to pack it also seem to only have been unsuccessful because I didn't include the 'SimpleShadowmap' and 'SimpleShadowmapio' files in the server.zip file.

Thank you very much again! wink.gif Now let's complete the details and see if there's someone who could make the SP part as I guess the textures might never be brought to the final looks.

This post has been edited by Frosty98B: Oct 14 2017, 04:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 05:40 AM