Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Issue with stretched vertices
TheObscure
post Aug 23 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,010

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well. I am still experimenting with editing the soldier models, however this time around I am doing face model swaps. I ran into a slight problem, and I have really no idea how to fix it. I am not by any means an expert with modelling, however I can work with the BF2 tools fairly easily. This issue below falls outside of that I believe, but I can't say for a fact. It seems that the vertices stretch really bad on the first lod, and this lod only. Is this an issue that can occur with general modding of BF2 meshes, or is this maybe an issue with the mesh itself? Other than that, everything works well.

I also have another method of swapping the faces between models that works almost flawlessly and that does not have this issue, but that breaks the facial animations since every face model has its own structure and due to that, the eyes don't blink properly and the mouth animations don't occur that well.

I guess that if I can't get around this, then I have to opt for that method instead, but knowing me I guess you guys can imagine that I want to do things the proper way. smile.gif

Then this is the other way that is not so perfect, but at a distance greater than 2 meters it is nearly impossible to notice at all.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
TheObscure
post Aug 24 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #2

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,010

Good news! I managed to fix this by redoing the weighting of the hands... I am still confused that that actually does the job! So what can I say, time to go crazy with the variations!

Below you can see that the facial animations are intact. The eyes blink normally. Previously it was the brow ridge that moved when the blinking animations played... it looked quite bizarre and there was no way that I could have passed those exports for the mod since my quality standards are a bit too high for that. Anyway, here are some more screenshots:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 09:01 AM