Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New 1p meshes!, It has been a long time coming
TheObscure
post Aug 8 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,010

So, as the title says, I managed to get some of the Battlefield Play4Free 1p meshes loaded onto the vanilla soldier models. This is all thanks to Yak43 and all his assistance and patience! Please take a look below and tell me what you think? This is still a big work in progress, as I am not entirely happy with how "edgy" the wrist area is (JONES' words), but this is already a 100 times improvement over the vanilla 1p meshes. Now at the moment I have half of all the soldiers exported with the same 1p mesh, and I will still have to do the SF factions. Due to my poor modelling and UV mapping skills, if someone is up for the task, then please contact me so that I can have you UV map the other P4F 1p's. For some reason the mapping gets lost when opening it with 3DS MAX. I plan to get some rolled-up sleeve variants available as well, but my skills are far below than required for that. At least I can export the soldiers so that is definitely a giant step forward. But for now, enjoy the screenies below. biggrin.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 8 2017, 09:24 PM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Massive improvement Obby. Looks like you've been doing some skinning of these already? nod.gif

Yak43 is truly talented. He's been releasing new armrigs over at moddb as well. I actually was hoping he'd do this exact thing for me for a skinning project.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blaze95
post Aug 9 2017, 03:37 AM
Post #3

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,823

I'm impressed! I suppose these are for your mod, TheObscure, am I right? It's going to be great! The SF factions' 1p arms really suck, they are the same, with boring patterns/camo skins. Are you planning to make new skins for the SF factions (for instance, woodland and desert skins for the SEALs and SAS)?

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Aug 9 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #4

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Member No.: 8,214

I'm happy that the project turned out fine! Can't wait to see more meshes and more fractions done!

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post
TheObscure
post Aug 9 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Major

Member No.: 10,010

Massive improvement Obby. Looks like you've been doing some skinning of these already?

Yak43 is truly talented. He's been releasing new armrigs over at moddb as well. I actually was hoping he'd do this exact thing for me for a skinning project.

Yeah, started as soon as I could. It was only a matter of porting my old soldier HD textures over to the new UV map. I still got to do the gloves, which is why the P4F gloves are still in the images. I intend to keep some P4F gloves as they are pretty well detailed, and they are suitable for some of the SF factions that never had their own gloves.

Yes, that guy is really good at what he does. If it were not for him, then I wouldn't be doing this. Kudos to him. smile.gif

I'm impressed! I suppose these are for your mod, TheObscure, am I right? It's going to be great! The SF factions' 1p arms really suck, they are the same, with boring patterns/camo skins. Are you planning to make new skins for the SF factions (for instance, woodland and desert skins for the SEALs and SAS)?

Indeed it is. That mod that seems to be never finished. tongue.gif

I will definitely make new first person skins, like these above, but when it comes to different camo variations then I cannot say. It is a bit too early for that. I plan to stick to the vanilla theme as much as possible, so it will have to be added in a different way.

I'm happy that the project turned out fine! Can't wait to see more meshes and more fractions done!

Thanks. I am already done with most factions. Just about 4 soldier exports left to do. After that I need to do each faction's unique 1p textures which will probably take the whole upcoming weekend. biggrin.gif

I will post some more screenshots soon.

This post has been edited by TheObscure: Aug 9 2017, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 10 2017, 10:41 AM
Post #6

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

I am already done with most factions. Just about 4 soldier exports left to do. After that I need to do each faction's unique 1p textures which will probably take the whole upcoming weekend.

Wow. I've been wanting to reskin all the factions for a long time so I'm looking forward to seeing your work. bigthumb.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 03:35 AM