BF2 bridge slope AImesh issue
Dnamro
post Jul 28 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Well, I think that I am having the same problem with the sloping bridge onthe map Alacazar that Kysterama was talking about on page 47 of this PDF version of his tutorial:

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/dna...2_Kysterama.pdf

I am not sure if it's the exact same object. The bridge part that I am working with is the highway bridge slipway.

So, the question is how to get the AImesh set up so that it will navmesh more accurately. According to Kysterma, he fixed the problem with the bridge using the preopt as a guide after generating the navmesh. But there should be way to fix up the AImesh so that it works correctly and not have to be fixed afterwords. Here is what I have tried:

- Created an AImesh that includes the whole bridge. Navmesh, but crashes in game.

- Create Aimeshes that split the bridge in half so that they meet in the middle with enough of an overlap that they navmesh. Also Navmeshes, but crashes in game

- Create individual Aimeshes for each section with extra overlap. This navmeshes as well, but still crashes in game when bots use the bridge.

In each case it appears to crash when the bots reach the slope part of the bridge. The only other thing I can think to try is to split the ramp of the bridge slope AImesh into more polys to see if that doesn't help.

Any other ideas? I could just change the bridge so that It doesn't need the slipways, but I was really looking to fix the Aimesh so that other maps would navmesh properly.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Bubbles
post Jul 28 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #2

General

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 1,539

Could you just build up the ground to match the curve of the ramp? Or just remove the ramp and make it out of the ground and use a road texture?

+Quote Post
clivewil
post Jul 28 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #3

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,545

any chance you could give us a look at the wireframe for your col3?

something as simple as that bridge piece shouldn't be so troublesome, but in some of my own col3's i've had to either re-triangulate, or divide edges before the navgen would render it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 29 2017, 05:29 AM
Post #4

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

I am using the existing aimesh. Usually, using a working AIMESH is the way to go. You can grab it from static objects\common\roads\highway bridge slipway

--------------------

+Quote Post
clivewil
post Aug 1 2017, 02:27 AM
Post #5

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,545

what's the issue with it, does it generate at all or just leave a bounding box?

i had a quick look at the col3, i'd divide and re-triangulate it personally, if it's giving trouble

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Aug 1 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #6

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

QUOTE (clivewil @ Aug 1 2017, 03:27 AM) *
what's the issue with it, does it generate at all or just leave a bounding box?

i had a quick look at the col3, i'd divide and re-triangulate it personally, if it's giving trouble

It looks like it is navmeshing just fine. The navmesh looks good. All the collision meshes have the same slope. I compared against the preopt and did not see any issues with it. I dragged spawnpoints around in the editor with the generated navmeshe for the bridge and they all stayed green as I moved them around. The only thing that I did notice was that the bridge undercuts the ground a good bit. If I set snap to object, the spawn point sinks below the ground at the base of the slope where the ground meets the bridge for about a meter. I did not notice anything when in game. I wonder if that could be causing issues with the AIengine? Maybe adjust the collision meshes so that they don't undercut the ground. It's all going to be below ground, so visually it won't make any difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 03:35 AM