Rosemary
post Jul 26 2017, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 12,285

Hello everyone!!!!!

Well my problem is this:

I have my battlefield 2 modified with new weapons and the files are placed in object_server.zip. One day I discovered a way to have different weapons in the same kit so I started adding more weapons to the object_server.zip, the game worked well with the new weapons but there was a problem when I added a new weapon and the game crashed at 15% Problem was: "Us_Engineer addBundleChilds () template not found: bf4_m1911" and it was because in the kit folder of object_client.zip I had written a weapon that was not inside object_client.zip then I correct and put the default weapons. The game did not crash this time but the game used the default weapons of object _client.zip and stopped using the weapons of object_server.zip

How can I solve this and use the weapons of object_server.zip again?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
mschoeldgen
post Jul 27 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #2

Major

Member No.: 410

When BF2 adds archives the first object it loads is persistent, that is it will keep the first occurence in memory and issue a error about an already existing object once it encounters a same-named instance. First object overlay later loaded objects in contrary to most other games, where an object loaded later will overwrite a former instance. This is not the case with BF2.

As your modded objects are loaded first and you didn't include necessary children for it, it will issue the error message.

And you should clearly seperate server and client files. for your internal mod it is of no importance but if you include e.g. sound and textures to the server it will do no good.
Those files go into objects_server.zip:
CODE
*.con
*.tweak
*.Collisionmesh
*.Ai
*.baf
*.inc
*.ske
*.tai
*.tac

and those into objects_client.zip
CODE
*.staticmesh
*.bundledmesh
*.skinnedmesh
*.ogg
*.wav
*.dds

Back in the old days i used WinRAR with some packing batch files to automagically make my files. If you're interested, they are still available at:
http://www.schoeldgen.de/bf1942/BF2_pack_batches.zip
Readme included.

This post has been edited by mschoeldgen: Jul 27 2017, 12:52 AM

--------------------
http://www.xww2.com Reviving the past on todays game engine

+Quote Post
Rosemary
post Jul 27 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Enlisted

Member No.: 12,285

Em i downloaded the files but I didnīt understand how to use it however thanks for your help, I have knowledge about add new weapons and other things modify files but I donīt knowledge about design and things like this I mean i donīt have an advanced knowledge. I checked the game doesnīt use the weapons from object_server.zip when it has a determined number of folders and it use the weapons from object_client because i added weapons to object_cleint.zip and the game uses the weapon that i added. Itīs like a object_server.zip would have a limit.

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Jul 28 2017, 10:46 AM
Post #4

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

it was because in the kit folder of object_client.zip I had written a weapon that was not inside object_client.zip then I correct and put the default weapons.

Always make sure you have the weapons properly mounted before trying to add them to a kit.

I keep my stuff separate from the main objects client and server, adding my own custom objects client and server.zips in a separate place for mounting them into the game.

Examine mods like "Alpha Project" on how they keep things separate and then mount via the serverarchives.con and clientarchives.con. Copy what they do and it helps keep your stuff organized.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 03:35 AM