IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Does anybody know how to switch off combat area warning in HUD?, I still need the combat area, just need to switch off the warning
bluehawk112
post Jul 12 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Dishonorable Discharge

Group: Guests
Member No.: 10,005

Okay, who can help?
The CombatArea often is needed for functionality of navmesh, thatīs why I donīt want to switch it off.
So I donīt want to set "CombatAreaManager.use 1" to "CombatAreaManager.use 0" in the gameplayobjects.con.
Still, I donīt want to see that yellow warning "youīre leaving the combat area" in my HUD when flying outside that area.

Still, I will then edit the gameplayobjects.con like this:
CombatAreaManager.timeAllowedOutside 9999.000000

Any ideas?

thanks guys

edit:
Okay, there seems to be a solution here, but I still have 2 questions on it....

Solution offered is here:

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...?showtopic=5965

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf...ain-please.html

solution:
add this combat area below. Itīs for air vehicles only. Itīs very, very large.

CombatArea.create CombatArea_39_Default
CombatArea.min 0.000000/0.000000
CombatArea.max 0.000000/0.000000
CombatArea.addAreaPoint 1000.000000/1000.000000
CombatArea.addAreaPoint -1000.000000/1000.000000
CombatArea.addAreaPoint -1000.000000/-1000.000000
CombatArea.addAreaPoint 1000.000000/-1000.000000
CombatArea.team 0
CombatArea.vehicles 5
CombatArea.layer 1

2 questions here:
1.st question is:
the existing maps might have one or more combat areas with "CombatArea.vehicles 4",
which means, all kind of vehicles are restricted by this combat area.
Do I also have to edit these "old" combat areas and replace "CombatArea.vehicles 4" with
"CombatArea.vehicles 0", which means, only land vehicles are restricted now (by the "old" combat area)?

2cd. question:
For this new, additional combat area as depicted above, do I always have to
use "CombatArea.layer 1"? What does it mean? Do I have to use another layer sometimes?

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Jul 12 2017, 03:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
bluehawk112
post Jul 12 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Dishonorable Discharge

2 questions here:
1.st question is:
the existing maps might have one or more combat areas with "CombatArea.vehicles 4",
which means, all kind of vehicles are restricted by this combat area.
Do I also have to edit these "old" combat areas and replace "CombatArea.vehicles 4" with
"CombatArea.vehicles 0", which means, only land vehicles are restricted now (by the "old" combat area)?

2cd. question:
For this new, additional combat area as depicted above, do I always have to
use "CombatArea.layer 1"? What does it mean? Do I have to use another layer sometimes?

Okay, I found the solution by trying:
Answer for question no. 1 is "yes"
Answer for question no. 2 is: just use "CombatArea.layer 1" - itīs working..

thread can be closed

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Jul 14 2017, 08:44 AM
Post #3

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Thanks bluehawk112 for sharing your findings. This can help others in the future who face the same issue. smile.gif I'm going to leave this thread open in the case that someone might have similar questions relating to this same topic in the future.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlawz
post Aug 29 2017, 09:35 AM
Post #4

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 3,951

In Project Reality we use these to allow jets to fly outside CA:
CODE
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCAir 1
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCAir 0

CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCHelicopter 1
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCHelicopter 0

Alternatively you can turn off CA entirely with

CODE
CombatAreaManager.use 0

--------------------

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Aug 29 2017, 12:13 PM
Post #5

Dishonorable Discharge

Hey thank you very much, Outlawz. I will use your solution, this one seems better to me!

+Quote Post
Arab
post Oct 23 2017, 05:52 AM
Post #6

Captain

Member No.: 10,051

For all vehicles:
CODE
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCAir 1
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCAir 0
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCLand 1
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCLand 0
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCHelicopter 1
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCHelicopter 0
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCParachute 1
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCParachute 0
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCSea 1
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCSea 0

+Quote Post
choplifter82
post Nov 22 2017, 09:05 AM
Post #7

Enlisted

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,405

QUOTE (WantedMan @ Oct 23 2017, 05:52 AM) *
For all vehicles:
CODE
CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCAir 1 CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCAir 0 CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCLand 1 CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCLand 0 CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCHelicopter 1 CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCHelicopter 0 CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCParachute 1 CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCParachute 0 CombatAreaManager.addVehicleTimer VCSea 1  CombatAreaManager.addVehicleDamage VCSea 0

Hmm, unfortunately the yellow warning remains though itīs not killing you anymore cry.gif cry.gif Any idea how to get rid of that yellow blabla combat area blabla? Bluehawkīs offered solution in post no.1 always gave me CTD after playing for a while, doesnīt seem to work very well for me sad.gif

This post has been edited by choplifter82: Nov 22 2017, 09:10 AM

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Nov 22 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #8

Major

Member No.: 5,523

just use "CombatArea.layer 1" - itīs working..

+Quote Post
choplifter82
post Nov 23 2017, 05:30 AM
Post #9

Enlisted

QUOTE (Fastj@ck @ Nov 22 2017, 09:10 AM) *
just use "CombatArea.layer 1" - itīs working..

Thank you happy.gif but thatīs what bluehawk posted in post#2 so I did that already...It takes about 15-20 min for each map to crash, perhaps bots are leaving the navmeshed area because of this, I donīt know dunno.gif If somebody knew the path of that warning where itīs located as a texture file perhaps we could replace it by an empty file or something.. unsure.gif headscratch.gif That bluehawk... sad man.

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Nov 23 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #10

You know the drill...
Group Icon

but thatīs what bluehawk posted in post#2 so I did that already...It takes about 15-20 min for each map to crash,

Did you run your mod in windowed mode? This usually will give you an error message which can help you isolate your problem.

And I wouldn't take bluehawk's word for much. Most of his accomplishments were trying to con people into doing his work for him... and if anyone would actually ask him to do any real work on his part it would cause him to throw a temper tantrum. crybaby.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
choplifter82
post Nov 24 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #11

Enlisted

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ Nov 23 2017, 09:49 PM) *
but thatīs what bluehawk posted in post#2 so I did that already...It takes about 15-20 min for each map to crash,
Did you run your mod in windowed mode? This usually will give you an error message which can help you isolate your problem. And I wouldn't take bluehawk's word for much. Most of his accomplishments were trying to con people into doing his work for him... and if anyone would actually ask him to do any real work on his part it would cause him to throw a temper tantrum. crybaby.gif

oh...okay huh.gif , what happened? In post#3 you thanked him for his findings and for sharing? You donīt seem to like this guy,right? tongue.gif Btw, Iīm a newcomer in this forum: is it normal to get oneīs posts edited by somebody else? Do you know who did that? I canīt remember having written "that bluehawk...sad man" in post #9...strange
Anyways, I did run bf2 in windowed mode but unfortunately the crashes occured without an error message uhm.gif . The large combat area seems to be the troublemaker but perhaps Iīm wrong maybe someone can prove the opposite

This post has been edited by choplifter82: Nov 24 2017, 03:03 PM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Nov 25 2017, 09:32 AM
Post #12

You know the drill...
Group Icon

what happened? In post#3 you thanked him for his findings and for sharing?

All members are treated with due respect when they enroll. First impressions were good, but ultimately he was deceiving people into believing he was here to contribute. His ultimate goal was to manipulate others. Bluehawksmurf likes to think he's clever.

You donīt seem to like this guy,right? tongue.gif

Did everything in my power (within reason) to please him. He asked me for multiple personal tasks, which I performed. Including deleting his content thread, on his own request, because he said he wasn't getting enough feedback. I told him his motivation should be for community benefit, but he didn't see it that way.

After constantly barraging Clive for favors he stated more people in this forum should be helping me as if this was a paid job and he was the customer, entitled to special treatment because this community somehow "owed it to him" simply for doing us the favor of showing up.

He asked for help with textures so I tried to help him by showing him how to help himself (like I helped myself with textures), but he didn't want that, he wanted others to do it for him. It was at this point he showed his true colors, in a fit of frustration of his con-game not working, blasted me for doing the very thing he asked me to do, help him.

The problem was his definition of 'help me' was 'do the work for me.' Honestly if he had worded his reply more maturely, simply stated that he had no interest in actually learning.. just calmly admitted it... I would have left him at that point to figure out a solution on his own and he'd still be a member.

Instead he violated multiple forum rules, show absolute disrespect for all authority here, and instead of appreciating the multiple HOURS I spent doing tasks for him.. making a picture tutorial for him (which he obviously ignored), taking the time to give information and instruction... He threw it all in my face like a spoiled child.

At that point he lost all privileges of membership and is not entitled to the respect of the forum or the protections of it's rules, seeing how he doesn't respect this forum or it's rules. I hope this helps him understand how life works, that what goes around comes around. If one wants respect, show a little first. That community is a two way street for give and take, not just take.

I don't hate him, I just hate his attitude. His deceitful selfish manner, it's poison to community, and my responsibility is to keep a healthy and safe atmosphere free of hateful/cruel/selfish people. I'm an enemy to no one in this forum, except the troublemaker. wink.gif

And yes I hijacked this thread, but once a member is no longer a member they lose all their privileges and protections of the forum rules. I also have a pressing concern to address here... On a side note, I would never think the name "Mike" would be a popular name in Germany.

--------------------

+Quote Post
choplifter82
post Nov 25 2017, 02:40 PM
Post #13

Enlisted

I must say: very interesting! I wasnīt bored at all by your harrowing story ohmy.gif and I even shed some tears for all these poor victims cryer.gif boohoo.gif . I hope you donīt mind that I shed some tears for you, too. How could he be so mean?? This guy must be a monster, makes you throw a temper tantrum whenever you think of him, hmm?
Hopefully he doesnīt register again in this forum with another name - but wait: youīll see it right away by his IP adress, right? This wouldnīt be too clever then...
UUUps, I think you caught me. "Choplifter82" was a little bit too obvious, I admit tongue.gif . You are a real Sherlock Holmes, MCR! happy.gif You even found out my given email adress with the name "Mike" in it, thatīs soo perceptive, Iīm impressed.
Okay, I admit it: I like this forum and its topics, I like Clivewil, Dnamro,Fastj@ck and all the other guys -but I donīt like your schoolmasterīs attitude.
It wasnīt about being too lazy to learn from you -it was about how you thought that you could treat me. I guess you were disappointed that I hadnīt used your illustrated tutorial in the first place. When I refused to follow your steps on the second time, you really got mad and started "rapping me over the knuckles", as a schoolmaster does to a pupil. Being very conceited now, you obviously werenīt interested at all anymore in my written posts in which I explained why it didnīt make sense to follow your last tutorial.
Although there was a cockpit on that texture, it was the wrong texture I was working on. Since I uploaded all my textures, you -as an experienced guy- easily could have gotten to the bottom of it. Working on a wrong texture leads to nothing...
Iīm sorry for not having used your very first tutorial at this time -I used it later on and I liked it. I expressed my gratitude and I was honest.
Allright then, īnough said, I hope you donīt edit this post again,
see ya later alligator on moddb.com

This post has been edited by choplifter82: Nov 25 2017, 02:42 PM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Nov 25 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #14

You know the drill...
Group Icon

I hope you donīt edit this post again,

Hardly. tongue.gif You're showing everyone who you are, and it's perfect illustration of why you were banned. Again.

It wasnīt about being too lazy to learn from you -it was about how you thought that you could treat me.

If you hadn't asked me, I wouldn't have attempted to help you. All the outright lying was a roll eyes moment saying Gimp wouldn't work, when it works on all operating systems you mentioned.

you really got mad and started "rapping me over the knuckles"

I honestly fail to see that. I guess you're referring to when I asked you saying PLEASE try again? Where I come from PLEASE is not hostility.

I expressed my gratitude and I was honest.

Gratitude is not insult laced with statements like "Don't ever talk to me like that again" and "clown" and "pathetic." I never spoke this way to you.

And no, you have not been honest. You were even lying again creating this new account stating you were someone else.

You've even called me conceited, yet have you examined your own behavior? *sigh*. dunno.gif

I'm not going to attempt to reason with you anymore, I think you are beyond it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 04:11 AM