Update for Wake 2142 SP/COOP
Dnamro
post Jul 1 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

These are the files needed to update Wake 2142 to play SP/COOP modes as a full battle with aircraft for the whole map. The whole map has been navmeshed for a while, but I was focused on trying to get a static Titan set up that bots could use. I gave up on that for now, and seeing as how the SP gameplay was focused on the titan dock area, I went ahead and added aircraft so I could change the SP gameplay to include the whole map. I did not place aircraft on the landing pad at the top of the Titan docking bay because it would just be a sitting duck. Both EU and PAC have aircraft, that will respawn quickly. The aircraft placement could use some adjustment. Feel free if you want to use this in another mod.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_o_kOaz7...SG5wbXpUMGNCZXM

NOTE: Coop and SP modes are only supported. I make no claims to any changes to other modes. CQ was added only to support CP and COOP.

Testing two different type of opening setups. EU starts on the small island with aircraft ( ticket setup is the same for both and will probably need to be adjusted):

32 mode is with most flags uncapped. The result is the both teams have to race for the flags.
64 mode is with PAC holding all the flags. This results in the PAC defending the flags and the EU having a difficult battle to gain a foothold.

Instructions:

This is for 2142_SP or any other SP mod for BF2142. Do not modify the main BF2142 maps, or you won't be able to play online mulitplayer. This is set up for COOP and SP modes only.

In the battlefield 2142\mods\2142_SP\levels folder, copy over the info folder and server.zip

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Fastj@ck
post Jul 1 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 5,523

Why you gave up? What is the problem with a static titan?

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 1 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #3

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

It has a glowing whitewashed effect. I have had many people take a look at it, but no one has figured out to fix the look. It is probably some alpha channel issue. If you want a idea of just how bad it looks, you can check it out with this server.zip:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_o_kOaz7...Y3hrZ1VlclBjOXM

I sent this to someone else so they could check out the texture problem without needing to load my custom static titan. It uses a static version of the rear part of the titan docked in the titan bay. I uses the same textures.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2017 - 06:48 PM