Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bf3/bf4 weapons use in mod
zukov
post Jun 4 2017, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,671

I saw a lot of weapons ripped from bf3 and bf4 published on moddb.

is possible to use this stuff in public mod or no? if no why Moddb allowed to publish?

thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Jun 6 2017, 07:13 AM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (zukov @ Jun 4 2017, 04:02 PM) *
I saw a lot of weapons ripped from bf3 and bf4 published on moddb.

is possible to use this stuff in public mod or no? if no why Moddb allowed to publish?

thanks in advance

You're free to do whatever you want to do. BFSP personally avoids commercial models from being hosted here just as a precaution to protect our host (the guy paying the bills). We have no problem with a person hosting elsewhere and referring users to their mods though.

Truth be told according to 'fair use' laws I think it's perfectly legal and completely undamaging to the owners of commercial based models. In fact I think they see it the same way as companies tend to completely ignore such activity (more like free advertising if anything).

So yes, feel free to use whatever you wish. Know that in the odd event that someone who owns the content you're using objects to it, it would be you that are liable for it. Though I doubt that would ever happen. For the record I'm not a lawyer. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Jun 6 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #3

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 8,214

Some modders have opinion that it's "not cool" to use already made assets what comes from other games. So sticking with community generated content/your own content would be the best way. But despite me and some other people, making new assets and original content is a very time consuming task and buying content for mod almost never gives paid price back to the one who paid. To conclude, it's good not to overuse ripped content.

Also modifying/combining ripped content with your own, might not be best idea, but can turn out into something nice like custom made weapons with ripped attachments etc.

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 12:20 AM