Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Aliens themed mod for 2142, BF2142 Acheron
Frosty98B
post May 14 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,231

Acheron is a BF2142 mod inspired by 1986 Aliens movie. The current goal is to bring the legendary weaponry of the US Colonial Marine Crops as a replacement of the EU weaponry. Possible future goals (in case that development will not be stopped by any kind of trouble) include new vehicles (M577 APC and UD-4L Cheyenne Drop Ship), new design for the Colonial Marines and Xenomorphs (a.k.a. Aliens), and maps set around the Hadley's Hope complex on LV-426 (a.k.a. Acheron).

Weapon list
Primary weapons
- M41A Pulse Rifle Modelled/Textured/(in a need of an export)
- M240 Incinerator Unit
- M56 Smart Gun

Secondary weapons (replacing the squald leader items)
- VP-70
- S&W Model 39
- Ithaca M37 Stakeout

Items
- Motion Tracker
- Hand Welder
- UA571-C Remote Automated Sentry System
(- M84 Marking Flares)
(- Flare)

Other

- Combat Knife
- M40 Grenade

This is what the customisation board should look like in the end (+new knife and grenades)

If your interested in helping me out or you have some ideas, just let me know. Opinions and criticism are also welcome!
You can also track the mod on ModDB here or on Gamebanana here.

This post has been edited by Frosty98B: Jul 11 2017, 11:44 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Frosty98B
post May 14 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Captain

Hi,

as You can see, the M41A Pulse Rifle is textured (although it's not a perfect texturing job, it's my first attempt to make a texture for model) and needs to be exported. If anyone can do it and would like to help, send me a PM or let me know in the replies section.

Here are some images:

Original textured model

Current one (which has undergone some little changes in modelling)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post May 14 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #3

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Member No.: 11,469

WOW! I am going to track this for sure! Are you planning on making a mode where we can fight the Xenomorphs? I am sure you are aware of all the Zombie mods for BF2 so I think you might be able to pull it off actually! Imagine night time maps where you have to fight in dark crowded corridors. Wow, I can;t wait to see what you have in store for us!

I am a huge fan as I even owned the FPS Alien Trilogy on Sega Saturn!

Really excited for this!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frosty98B
post May 15 2017, 08:41 AM
Post #4

Captain

QUOTE (Anthony817 @ May 14 2017, 09:25 PM) *
WOW! I am going to track this for sure! Are you planning on making a mode where we can fight the Xenomorphs? I am sure you are aware of all the Zombie mods for BF2 so I think you might be able to pull it off actually! Imagine night time maps where you have to fight in dark crowded corridors. Wow, I can;t wait to see what you have in store for us!

I am a huge fan as I even owned the FPS Alien Trilogy on Sega Saturn!

Really excited for this!

Whoo, thanks for the interest, man. Your post really made my day.. bigthumb.gif Yeah, that's exactly what I'm planning on making - the dark or/and rainy maps set all around the Hadley's Hope (indoor parts should be included, although I don't know if the development will be successfully pushed this far), where the few marines have to defend themselves from the incoming xenomorph hordes. All I can do now, though, is to look for someone who can export the model(s) to the game and someone who could animate them or do any other helpful things. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post May 15 2017, 08:43 AM
Post #5

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Member No.: 8,214

I would like to help you with kits customization. But I'm not sure how you will deal with Xenomorphs.

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post
Frosty98B
post May 15 2017, 09:35 AM
Post #6

Captain

QUOTE (Sgt_Prof @ May 15 2017, 08:43 AM) *
I would like to help you with kits customization. But I'm not sure how you will deal with Xenomorphs.

Thanks, although I'm not sure if that's what I need to help with now. Making the grenade launcher being equipped automatically with the pulse rifle is the only thing that currently comes to my mind. laugh.gif As for the xenomorphs, the plan is making them more suitable for AI than for humans, having just basic melee attacking abilities (maybe some acid spitting - zombie assault mod has achieved all these things already) and tbh, I have no idea what could the different attacks of those look like, not in a BF game. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post May 15 2017, 03:06 PM
Post #7

Yeah, I say focus on the weapons and vehicle parts first, unless you are just going for interiors of ships. But yeah, get the weapons done first then try seeing if people could help export player models which is something harder to get done for mods but still would be fun human vs human without xenomorphs until you get them added.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post May 16 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #8

Major

Member No.: 5,523

QUOTE (Anthony817 @ May 15 2017, 04:06 PM) *
Yeah, I say focus on the weapons and vehicle parts first, unless you are just going for interiors of ships. But yeah, get the weapons done first then try seeing if people could help export player models which is something harder to get done for mods but still would be fun human vs human without xenomorphs until you get them added.

Colonial Marines Striketeam vs. Wayland Yutani Extractionteam. Objectivemode : Destroy / Capture the Hive Queen (or the egg she will come out).

@Frosty

So at all it sounds good but how you will use all the features the 2142 gameengine will give you?

For what needing an EMP engine effect? Never saw a EMP in the Movies.
Podlauncher Engine mechanic? Ok, the Cheyenne can have ejection seats (if they had one idk).
The powerloader as melee combat vehicle? Oh, it had an welder. That is cool.That can work vs. aliens but vs an Yutani soldier?
The Motiontracker. Maybe you can it done with the minimap as vidscreen like using the MT will popup a dynamic minimap where the MT displey is placed.
All the nice different targetobjects (heat, magnetic, beacon, lasertarget, pod etc. How they will find ingame?
The active cameo is nice when you integrate the Predators as a team.
Having Ai.controller only because of sentry guns?

Doing it in the BF2 engine would give you the elevator triggerables. In BF2142 you haven't this option and at all the Bf2 engine is better known in the active modding community.
It sounds very interresting but what are the goals of the mod.

This post has been edited by Fastj@ck: May 16 2017, 03:58 PM

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post May 16 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #9

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

The big problem with an Alien mod for BF2 or BF2142 is that the game engine is too limited to handle an Alien player model that will be able to animate and act anything like the aliens from the movie. Player controlled aliens would look like players in an Alien suit. They would not be able to crawl or do the awesome jaw bite attack. Attacks possible would be something like an acid spit attack, claw attack and maybe simulate a bite by shooting an invisible very short ranged projectile. It would be much better to stick with marines vs the corporate hired guns fighting over control over alien egg hatcheries. As long as you stick with Human vs Human it will be great. You can always have dead aliens and dark environments for background effect.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post May 16 2017, 06:31 PM
Post #10

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Wait - Just came up with an possible solution. These Xenomorphs become genetically modified Human-hybrids experiments to create the ultimate Soldier, so they look more human and can use weapons. maybe they have a special acid spit attack but don't have a bite or claws. Possibly they have enhanced regeneration ability. That way you can make them work with the limits of the game engine. You can see what was done for the Covenant alien race for the BF1942 Homefront mod:

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1...ges/77635_3.jpg

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
Frosty98B
post May 17 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #11

Captain

QUOTE (Fastj@ck @ May 16 2017, 03:33 PM) *
So at all it sounds good but how you will use all the features the 2142 gameengine will give you?

For what needing an EMP engine effect? Never saw a EMP in the Movies.
Podlauncher Engine mechanic? Ok, the Cheyenne can have ejection seats (if they had one idk).
The powerloader as melee combat vehicle? Oh, it had an welder. That is cool.That can work vs. aliens but vs an Yutani soldier?
The Motiontracker. Maybe you can it done with the minimap as vidscreen like using the MT will popup a dynamic minimap where the MT displey is placed.
All the nice different targetobjects (heat, magnetic, beacon, lasertarget, pod etc. How they will find ingame?
The active cameo is nice when you integrate the Predators as a team.
Having Ai.controller only because of sentry guns?

Doing it in the BF2 engine would give you the elevator triggerables. In BF2142 you haven't this option and at all the Bf2 engine is better known in the active modding community.
It sounds very interresting but what are the goals of the mod.

Wehehell, look. A grenade launcher and flamethrower were already made for BF2142, so there is an example to look at. Idk about the motion tracker, in the first version I'll really be satisfied even with something like the engineer's tracking device (but handheld and tracking infantry, not vehicles). Sentry gun, motion tracker, welding torch, smart gun, flamethrower would be quite hard to make in the BF2, seriously. And about EMP, active camo and stuff, those aren't really supposed to appear in the mod. Elevators and dynamic doors would be really cool to have but I'm not really sure if it would be a good decision (mainly because of bots). I know it might not seem to you like that but the 2142 seems like a much better choice to me.
QUOTE (Dnamro @ May 16 2017, 06:17 PM) *
The big problem with an Alien mod for BF2 or BF2142 is that the game engine is too limited to handle an Alien player model that will be able to animate and act anything like the aliens from the movie. Player controlled aliens would look like players in an Alien suit. They would not be able to crawl or do the awesome jaw bite attack. Attacks possible would be something like an acid spit attack, claw attack and maybe simulate a bite by shooting an invisible very short ranged projectile. It would be much better to stick with marines vs the corporate hired guns fighting over control over alien egg hatcheries. As long as you stick with Human vs Human it will be great. You can always have dead aliens and dark environments for background effect.

Wait - Just came up with an possible solution. These Xenomorphs become genetically modified Human-hybrids experiments to create the ultimate Soldier, so they look more human and can use weapons. maybe they have a special acid spit attack but don't have a bite or claws. Possibly they have enhanced regeneration ability. That way you can make them work with the limits of the game engine. You can see what was done for the Covenant alien race for the BF1942 Homefront mod:

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1...ges/77635_3.jpg

Maybe (although making Aliens faction is not the primary objective now) it would be better to make some WY mercenaries instead of xenos but the bipedal aliens might not look that bad (just look at the Alien: Isolation, it almosts never walks on all four) and even though it might look silly, I say let's give it a try and see if it will really look that terrible and if so, let's see if it can be fixed. I agree that the bite attack could be simulated (I made something smilar with a coughing zombie's "weapon" in a BF2 zombie mod already) and the claw attack as well as the acid spitting should appear anyway. But again, let's now focus on the weapons (and possibly vehicles) and not let the mod become dead long before the aliens faction will become relevant. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post May 17 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Frosty98B @ May 17 2017, 03:20 PM) *
Sentry gun, motion tracker, welding torch, smart gun, flamethrower would be quite hard to make in the BF2, seriously.

Well, I have a Flamethrower in my mod Battlefield: Korea in BF2, and also FH2 has them, as well as an addon that was made. Flamethrowers are doable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post May 17 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #13

Major

Member No.: 5,523

I have some ideas/suggestions for you when you use the BF2142 engin for an Alien Mod.

Excample how i would make the M56 Smartgun - smart.

Adding to the soldiers an targetobject TT-Magnet. Now create a HUD/GUI /Tweak for the M56 Smartgun so that when you use it all soldiers get a target box on them like in BF2vanilla the vehicles have when you aiming with an ATGM weapon (lasertarget object) on it.
The boxes without X are the enemies and the boxes with the X in it are friendlies (like IFF = Identification Foe/Friendly).
But no Magnetic seeking bullet projectils. That would be to much.

My first solution for the welder would be having two weapons in the inventory (the welders) and one welder can repair and the other welder makes damage to destructable doors that can be repaired.
Switching between them would open (destroy) doors and the second one would close (repair) doors or vice versa depends how you code the starting state of the door/airlock whatever.
Sofar i know can you have, like in BF2 after 1.5 patch, more destructable objectsin BF2142. 200 or 300.

When you make one day the bipedal aliens, once i saw here a thread about suicide vests. Someone changed something to the soldier tweak that when the soldiers dies he explodes.
Create a acid splatting explosion so when the alien come to close to a soldier and the sodier kill the alien at close distance, the acid explosion would affect the soldier and others that standing close by. Look that the explosion material dont make any damage to the armor materials of the alien.
I will look for that thread and link them later in here.

Also you can create mines (alien eggs) where a magnetic mine, that looks like a facehugger, jumps out to the next tt_magnet targetobject.

Model a Walker Hive Queen, believe me, you would be THE HERO.

About tailstinger attacks. That could be done by 3p animations or not? It would be like an longrange knife attack.

About MotionTracker.

Seriously, i had in BF2142vanilla always one. Play Squadleader, use the Hover drone and attach a MotionSensor on it. The drone always follows you and the Motion sensor too.
Positive side effdect is/was, when you enter a walker, the drone doesnt dissappear and follow you in the walker with the MotionSensor. Try it out. I played 2142 more than Bf2.
More than 1000 hours Camp Gibraltar. This map was my home, 2nd followed by Port Bavaria. I know all tricks like how you can block a ladder with portable shield or which warehouse you can shoot on the ladder or how you destroy the reactor core with magnetic mines by placing them outside and throwing a bait into the reactor core. Also when you use the At Gun (dont remember name), 5 shoots on the upper door shields to console 3 and 4 it will kill console 1 or 2. There was not really the need to storm and die ind RDXand Ap minefields in the lower corridors.
I know it might not seem to you like that but the 2142 seems like a much better choice to me.

BF2142 can be a good choice. Depends on your visions.

Also a mod dont need many weapons or vehicles in my opinion.. When the maps and the static objects harmonize at all with the ambient and the AlienMovie feeling it can have chances. Depends also on gameplay.

This post has been edited by Fastj@ck: May 17 2017, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post
Frosty98B
post May 26 2017, 05:26 AM
Post #14

Captain

Who, man, those are pretty crazy ideas (that was supposed to be a compliment, of course).
I never thought that it would be possible to feature the alien queen but that needs to be made. biggrin.gif
For now, though, expect only some images an early versionof the Stakeout M37. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frosty98B
post Jun 10 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #15

Captain

Here's a quick preview of the M37 shotgun, the rear half isn't complete yet. biggrin.gif

Thanks for your supportive replies! ;D Here's an updated one.

This post has been edited by Frosty98B: Jul 1 2017, 05:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 06:18 PM