Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mesh parts glitch during animations
CaptainSquid1213
post Apr 17 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #1

Private

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,746

Now let me just get this straight. I know almost zero when it comes to animation modding in bf2. I've recently started experimenting with different animations in bf2. Sometimes when I use one animation for one weapon for another, some of the parts are not attached to the mesh, they just kinda float around. Any idea on how to attach these parts back to the mesh in the tweak file? Or is it necessary to use 3dsmax to tweak the animations.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Apr 18 2017, 07:08 AM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

I'm no animator, but this is my experience in dragging and dropping animations between weapons.

Some weapons, which are animated to have multiple moving parts, can cause what you are seeing as I have experienced the same thing. Look to use animations that have the same amount (or less) of moving parts for an animation swap.

I doubt reattachment via TWEAK file is possible since the problem is directly related to moving parts on the animation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Apr 28 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Dictator

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 7,896

animations are controlled by moving around the model parts, which are order numerically. If the 2 weapons have similar positions but have a different piece order than they will not work as desired. IE mainy firearm models are 1) main rifle part, 2) magazine 3) trigger 4) bolt/ charging handle and if you use such a weapons animation for a weapon model that has 1) main weapon 2) bolt 3) magazine, you bolt will be animate as the magazine and you magazine like the trigger. not so great.

The only way to fix this is importing the weapon into the max tools and reordering the parts to the same order as the weapon model which animations you plan on using and then exporting that new version of that model. (I also suggest get them as close as possible origin wise as well)

This post has been edited by bobthedinosaur: Apr 28 2017, 04:37 PM

--------------------
Not doing modding right now, so please don't ask.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 07:13 AM