IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Did anyone succeed to create a proper transport helo AI?, AI driven transport helicopters usually crash after crew exit w. para
bluehawk112
post Mar 24 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #1

Dishonorable Discharge

Group: Guests
Member No.: 10,005

Hi there, I think that question is almost as old as BF2 - but I never read any answer to this:How can it be achieved that AI driven transport helicopters fly over their objective and infantery only bails out / the flying crew stays in the helicopter and continues to fly?
I know already all the little tweaks in the vehicleīs object.ai concerning the increase of strategic values and temperature of crew members only - but somehow, they still eject..Looks really stupid -any help?

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Mar 24 2017, 12:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Fastj@ck
post Mar 24 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #2

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 5,523

I'm not sure if the air vehicles following the same rules for ground vehicles and the VEHICLE ORDER POSITION.

When YES, try to place the VehicleOrderPosition outside of the Controlpoints StrategicAreas.
By Groundvehicles it causes that the bot parks the vehicle outside of the capturerange and the infantry dismounts and continue to capture the flag and walk to the InfantryOrderPosition (that must be inside of the CP SA). Maybe the passenger jumping out and use the patrachute.

Make the Pilotseat ai so that the pilot will never leave the chopper.

Trying to bring a bot to land a chopper and the infantry jumps out and bot lift off .......... nah, no way.

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Mar 24 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Member No.: 11,469

Our helicopter in Battlefield: Korea works like this. nadvgia hooked it up like that so the AI pilot doesn't leave the position. You can download our mod and check how he set it up on ours.

We use a Mi-4 chopper as a substitute for H-19, since we don't have it exported yet, but it is a very similar looking helicopter.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

This post has been edited by Anthony817: Mar 24 2017, 05:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Mar 24 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #4

Dishonorable Discharge

QUOTE (Fastj@ck @ Mar 24 2017, 11:23 PM) *
Make the Pilotseat ai so that the pilot will never leave the chopper.

Basically, thatīs what I wanted - but somehow, I never succeeded. How would you do that?

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Mar 24 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #5

Dishonorable Discharge

QUOTE (Anthony817 @ Mar 25 2017, 12:58 AM) *
Our helicopter in Battlefield: Korea works like this. nadvgia hooked it up like that so the AI pilot doesn't leave the position. You can download our mod and check how he set it up on ours. We use a Mi-4 chopper as a substitute for H-19, since we don't have it exported yet, but it is a very similar looking helicopter. http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

Could you publish the object.ai of this chopper here? Then I donīt need to download the whole mod...Iīve downloaded lots of mods and I think, you really made a nice job - but the Korean war is not of my interest, sorry.

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Mar 24 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (bluehawk112 @ Mar 24 2017, 06:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Anthony817 @ Mar 25 2017, 12:58 AM) *
Our helicopter in Battlefield: Korea works like this. nadvgia hooked it up like that so the AI pilot doesn't leave the position. You can download our mod and check how he set it up on ours. We use a Mi-4 chopper as a substitute for H-19, since we don't have it exported yet, but it is a very similar looking helicopter. http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

Could you publish the object.ai of this chopper here? Then I donīt need to download the whole mod...Iīve downloaded lots of mods and I think, you really made a nice job - but the Korean war is not of my interest, sorry.

Trust me, I understand lol. I am the same way about most modern stuff at this point. I played so much modern military shooters I stick to historical ones now. wink.gif

Let me see what I got here.

Ok I added it as an attachment. Hope this helps. It really makes the gunships operate more naturally which is more immersive.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Objects.ai.txt ( 15.78K ) Number of downloads: 8

--------------------

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Mar 25 2017, 06:30 AM
Post #7

Dishonorable Discharge

Thank you very much, Anthony817 laugh.gif !!!

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Mar 25 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #8

No problem buddy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cataly63
post Mar 26 2017, 03:35 AM
Post #9

Captain

Member No.: 12,093

thank you Anthony817 !

It will be useful to me, too wink.gif

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Mar 28 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #10

Dishonorable Discharge

QUOTE (cataly63 @ Mar 26 2017, 11:35 AM) *
thank you Anthony817 !

It will be useful to me, too wink.gif

Okay guys, here are my results of testing Anthony817`s objects.ai:

Stock BF2 does not understand this line in the objects.ai file:
aiTemplatePlugIn.equipmentTypeName ParatrooperHeli

There is no such thing as ParatrooperHeli in stock bf2, must be a corean war mod specific thing.
Would be nice to get an extra AI file from you, Anthony817, that describes how "equipmentTypeName ParatrooperHeli" is defined.

For your AI to work on "normal" BF2 choppers, I replaced the "equipmentTypeName ParatrooperHeli" with the usual "equipmentTypeName TransportHelicopter". I used all the given objects.ai stuff for
the cf_the_ch146_c6 (which is the Griffon from PR mod - I exported it to stock BF2).
Result: same sh...t as before: crew ejection and crash of the aircraft overhead control point.

BUT:
Creating my famous tongue.gif HUMMVEE CROWS aircraft gave me a nice side effect:
When I gave the cf_the_ch146 (not cf_the_ch146_c6) a HUMMVEE CROWS turret,
I got the desired effect:
the aircraft flies over the CP, all passengers bail out using their para and then, the cf_the_ch146 is holding
overhead the CP and gives fire support with its turret.
The cf_the_ch146 (with the CROWS turret) has different objects.ai stuff (coming from PR mod) than the stuff that Anthony817 gave me.
Anthony817īs AI stuff was used by me for the cf_the_ch146_c6 (has fixed weapons).

(BTW: The original Griffon aircrafts from PR donīt have any pilot controlled weapons at all, these are my
personal addings as well as completely new flight physics.)

But take a look for yourself: try them both in stock BF2, read instructions first if you are inexperienced:

edited
new version see post no. 18

Would still be awesome to get that extra AI file from you, Anthony, that describes how "equipmentTypeName ParatrooperHeli" is defined.

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Mar 30 2017, 06:31 PM

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Mar 28 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (bluehawk112 @ Mar 28 2017, 06:44 PM) *
Would still be awesome to get that extra AI file from you, Anthony, that describes how "equipmentTypeName ParatrooperHeli" is defined.

Mh, I just had a look and not sure where it would be. Another guy on the team who has since left the mod worked on this. Last I spoke with him he said he was completely retired from BF2 modding. So I don't want to bother him about it since last time he told me he completely deleted the mod and everything and doesn't want to discuss anything referring to BFK lol. I wish it wasn't this way but the guy literally busted his buttocks for us and we appreciate all he did for us, but I can understand why he doesn't want to even talk about BF2 anymore.

I would just say to simply download our mod and poke around the files for yourself to see what you can learn. I mean it is only a 2gb download.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Mar 29 2017, 03:34 AM
Post #12

Dishonorable Discharge

QUOTE (Anthony817 @ Mar 29 2017, 03:05 AM) *
I would just say to simply download our mod and poke around the files for yourself to see what you can learn. I mean it is only a 2gb download.

Ah, okay, thank you Anthony817 for your quick reply, I will download it then. My first guess: itīs to be found in the modīs main AI folder
in the AiBehaviours file, perhaps close to the TransportHelicopterBehaviour stuff in there, but I will see...I can imagine, that this guy you told me about used Clivewilīs instructions for the implementation of the V22 that Clive created - or at least this guy did it the same way. The V22 also has a very special flight behaviour and the main modīs AI had to be edited. I got to ask Clive if he still has got these instructions, perhaps I can find the necessary AI stuff in the corean war mod then...

But thanks anyhow wink.gif

edited: I found Cliveīs instructions here:

http://www.bf-games.net/downloads/2365/boe...-22-osprey.html

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Mar 29 2017, 04:07 AM

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Mar 29 2017, 09:34 AM
Post #13

Major

Member No.: 5,523

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...showtopic=19052

Check Post Nr. 4 from clive.

Greetz,

FJ

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Mar 29 2017, 10:50 AM
Post #14

Dishonorable Discharge

QUOTE (Fastj@ck @ Mar 29 2017, 05:34 PM) *
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...showtopic=19052 Check Post Nr. 4 from clive. Greetz, FJ

Oh thanks for that valuable hint, Fastj@ck laugh.gif ,Iīd say itīs post no.3 from Death_Enforcer which is even more relevant, but yes -this is the solution of my problem, I guess.Unfortunately all download links for Voidīs Dragon-Z8 and/or armed UH60 are broken.Google couldnīt find anything either.Hopefully, Void will refresh his download links - as I have seen, Owenwir asked him already to do so...

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...mp;#entry200984

thank you, Fastj@ck, nice move of you happy.gif

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Mar 29 2017, 10:52 AM

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Mar 29 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #15

Dishonorable Discharge

Okay, this problem seems to be a very ugly one. Somewhere I still found this UH60-A package from Void, which has also this ArmedTransportHelicopter AI stuff (like his Z8-Dragon). I used all the instructions given by Void for the main bf2 folderīs AI and did the necessary implementations for the AIBehaviour file. For the helicopter I used the
cf_the_ch146_c6 (=Griffon). I replaced the objects.ai of the Griffon completely with the one from Voidīs UH60.
I even put in the mobile Spawnpoint from Voidīs UH60 into the Griffon.
I even gave the flight physics from Voidīs UH60 to the Griffon.

Result: The Griffon still behaves like a usual transport helicopter. Crew exit overhead CP and crash of the aircraft.

Then I did the same steps like above with the main bf2 folderīs AI concerning the Corean war modīs ParatrooperHeli AI stuff and for the objects.ai I used the one given by Anthony817 (designed for the Mi-4/H19) for the Griffon.
Equipment name type "ParatrooperHeli" was no problem anylonger, the aircraft did take off this time.
In the end, same sh...t again: Crew exit overhead CP and crash of the aircraft!
computer.gif flame.gif deadhorse.gif

Last but not least I drastically raised the basic temperature value and the strategic values of the pilotīs object.ai:
---> same sh...t again: Crew exit overhead CP and crash of the aircraft!

So, if Void himself doesnīt help me - there can only be one: Clivewil laugh.gif -
other than that, Iīll give up... moon.gif

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Mar 29 2017, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 07:13 AM