Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What setting controls ticket loss?
phale
post Jan 13 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 9,609

On some maps, the team that controls fewer CPs will bleed tickets. On others, a team can be down 6 flags to 1 and have no ticket loss. What setting controls this? I have tried gameLogic.setTicketLossPerMin in init.con, but this does not seem to have any effect. Neither does the gametype (assault, doubleassault, headon) in the map description. I don't see anything in the gamemodes. What am I missing?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Jan 13 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Somewhat related so I'll chime in...

Back in the day I did some map tweaking/making for BF1942. When creating the map each flag would be given a 'point worth'. Like say one flag is worth 1 point, another worth 1 point, but let's say one at a strategic location is worth 4 points. Point worth could be assigned whatever value the mapper/map editor wanted to do it.

Whichever team had the most flag points, the opposite team would bleed out.

Or, you could remove the bleed system altogether.

If the way to edit them is the same in BF2 as BF1942, then you may need to use the editor.

This was over 10 years ago, so no way I could remember more beyond this. Hopefully this helps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Jan 13 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #3

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

QUOTE (phale @ Jan 13 2017, 01:10 AM) *
On some maps, the team that controls fewer CPs will bleed tickets. On others, a team can be down 6 flags to 1 and have no ticket loss. What setting controls this? I have tried gameLogic.setTicketLossPerMin in init.con, but this does not seem to have any effect. Neither does the gametype (assault, doubleassault, headon) in the map description. I don't see anything in the gamemodes. What am I missing?

This has also confused me. The map's ticketbleeds involve gametypes, areavalues and mappers judgements and maybe python settings.
from Realitymod.com
These values control your ticket bleed. Once a team captures enouth flags to reach a total area value of 100 or more, ticket bleed will accoure for the other team. so if you set 1 flag with a area flag of 50, and 2 others with 25, and if team 2 controls all 3 of thous flags 50+25+25=100, means ticket bleed will happen for the other team. if say the area value reaches 200, ticket bleed should happen at dobble the rate it is set to in the init.con file. Also take note that there are 2 sets of araea values, one for each team. so you can make a flag have a high or lower value for one team than it dose for anouther.
For the last flag (main base) in the capture order, you should give the attack teams side as much area value as you can so ticket bleed would soon end the game if they took the flag.

this box says "EnemyTicketLossWhenCaptured" but some of it is hidden. this means when you capture the flag, the other team will loose a set amount of tickets. Bare in mind that this can be exsploited by letting the enemy take the flag, then once they have it nutral, ponce on them, kill them then retake control and you get anouther wadge of enemy tickets off. Its best to use the ticket bleed.

Some links follow.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf...cket-bleed.html
http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?/...d-ticket-bleed/

+Quote Post
clivewil
post Jan 14 2017, 02:00 AM
Post #4

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,545

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ Jan 14 2017, 06:35 AM) *
Whichever team had the most flag points, the opposite team would bleed out.

IF i'm remembering this correctly...

in vanilla BF2, there is a threshold to be crossed before any bleeding happens - each CP is given a value, and when the CP is taken this value is added to a total - when the total is greater than (100 i think?) then the enemy team begins to bleed, e.g.

ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam1 20
ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam2 20

...if i were to change all of these to e.g. 60, capturing any two CPs would start the bleed. high-level CPs like airbases and docks often have higher values so their loss has more impact

sorry if i'm stating the obvious, but i hadn't seen this stuff mentioned yet

*on some of my own maps i have removed those values entirely so they play no part - the game then becomes a war of attrition, where CP ownership is irrelevant except for convenience, and only kills matter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kano
post Jan 14 2017, 08:09 AM
Post #5

Major
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 1,704

Clive is right, here is a example,

7 flags on a map,
both main bases are set to zero
and are uncap-able,

ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam1 0
ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam2 0

the other 5 flags are set to 20

ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam1 20
ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam2 20

so when 3 flags are held the Opposing team bleeds
becouse they don't have control of the map.

Team A, 3 flags with a area Value of 20 = 60
Team B, 2 flags with a area Value of 20 = 40

Team B bleeds!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Jan 14 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #6

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

Yeah that's it! I knew it was divided up into points, forget it was set in divisibles of 100 (25 points per).

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 04:17 PM