Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

North mountain pass and Dover cut maps restoration concept
Sgt_Prof
post Dec 5 2016, 01:11 PM
Post #1

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 8,214

"North mountain pass" and "Dover" were actualy a part of stuff what never grow out of concept stage. However I kept thinking about these maps for years and today I decided to take a pen it release my thoughts how they could look if they were done. I did very quick sketches, but I would like to share them. Since we can use geocontrol for terrain generating, good looking maps making is easy as never before now.

Maybe next year I'll get some free time to start working on em'. And I would redo drawings of course. Lemme know guys what do you think.

"North mountain pass"

Original concept:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/battle...=20111007154855

"Dover". According to concept it would have very interesting terrain, lighting. I wonder how it would play?

Original:

http://s247508830.onlinehome.fr/wp-content...ncept-art-5.jpg

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Dec 5 2016, 07:49 PM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Looks interesting.

I notice you've taken a renewed interest in mapping (both old projects and new).

You have a knack for assembling teams of talent Prof. Might I suggest, instead of a 'mod' team like before, perhaps a 'mapping' team to get your designs from start to finish... filling in those areas you need filled to have a fully complete map?

Coming from my layman's perspective, someone who's never done any mapping for anything other than BF1942 (and very little at that), I would personally look at gameplay design first. Once I knew what gameplay I would want, I would then go about 'decorating' the framework/blueprint.

That's my personal formula, which I hope to put to the test.... someday. tongue.gif Been preparing for that by archiving light map samples for statics in hopes to put them to eventual use.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Dec 6 2016, 03:30 AM
Post #3

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 8,214

Good suggestions. I definitely need mappers team since I got few unfinished BF2 maps and I'm very eager to finish them. As you can see, I have an overwhleming need to develop, create something, but doing it alone is too hard.

Yup, gameplay elements are very important. Map can look pretty, BUTUFLE, but if it plays bad, none will be interested to play on it after few matches.

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:43 AM