IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What does simradscope, predatorscope do?
WantedMan
post Nov 20 2016, 05:20 AM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,051

I'm not sure what this does. From examples, it's added to a GenericFirearm as ObjectTemplate.addTemplate e_simradscope, but also is referenced in ObjectTemplate.target.connectionEffect e_predatorscope.

The file contains e_predatorscope, e_simradscope which points to p_predatorscope, p_simradscope and the mesh is a square.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
M.Combat
post Nov 20 2016, 06:53 AM
Post #2

Mediocre animator and modder

Member No.: 2,251

From what I remember, it was originally intended to laser target vehicles so jets could lock onto it. Don't think it got out of alpha and was left in the files.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oldrick
post Nov 20 2016, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Captain

Member No.: 10,819

I think somebody got it working in a mod. I remember Hard Justice mod v1.3 had a target designator as one of the weapons for Spec Ops or Sniper class. (maybe both.)

Sadly Hard Justice only worked in BF2 version 1.3, 1.4 and 1.41. When the BF2 1.5 patch was used it broke the mod. They never got it working under BF2 v1.5. I think the team quit about the time BF3 hit the stores because their web site went dark around that time.

Anyway, when you selected the designator you got a view like a set of binoculars and when you clicked the "fire" button there would be a target box on whatever you were looking at. And the target stayed marked for a while after you DE-selected the designator as a weapon. When you weren't looking through the designator you wouldn't see the target box. But the target didn't even have to be a normally valid target like tanks or APCs. A friend with a coop LAN set up and I tried it. We found it could mark the artillery guns, the satellite trailer, and the UAV hut, which normally can't be targeted. He flew an F35 high enough or at an angle from the target that had no valid targets in his cockpit view so the missile wouldn't divert to a closer target. When he launched a Maverick it flew in and destroyed whatever had been marked. It was cool to see he could be almost one third the width of the map away and still hit a marked target.

I remember rather than taking the time to switch places to try it (he would have needed to change soldier class to get the designator) he just launched and then turned around to watch my computer display to see the target get blasted.

The Maverick had a good punch. I think there was one time there were three artillery guns in a row. I marked the first, let it get destroyed. Marked the third and when it blew up the middle gun got destroyed by the combined "nearby" blast damage of the two missiles.

+Quote Post
WantedMan
post Nov 20 2016, 08:21 PM
Post #4

Captain

Thanks for the reply guys smile.gif

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Nov 20 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #5

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

QUOTE (oldrick @ Nov 20 2016, 03:55 PM) *
Sadly Hard Justice only worked in BF2 version 1.3, 1.4 and 1.41. When the BF2 1.5 patch was used it broke the mod. They never got it working under BF2 v1.5. I think the team quit about the time BF3 hit the stores because their web site went dark around that time.

I have Hard Justice v1.3 and it works fine for me in BF2 v1.5 I don't know it they had a patch or why it works for me.

+Quote Post
WantedMan
post Nov 21 2016, 02:57 AM
Post #6

Captain

QUOTE (oldrick @ Nov 20 2016, 03:55 PM) *
I think somebody got it working in a mod. I remember Hard Justice mod v1.3 had a target designator as one of the weapons for Spec Ops or Sniper class. (maybe both.)

Anyway, when you selected the designator you got a view like a set of binoculars and when you clicked the "fire" button there would be a target box on whatever you were looking at. And the target stayed marked for a while after you DE-selected the designator as a weapon. When you weren't looking through the designator you wouldn't see the target box. But the target didn't even have to be a normally valid target like tanks or APCs. A friend with a coop LAN set up and I tried it. We found it could mark the artillery guns, the satellite trailer, and the UAV hut, which normally can't be targeted. He flew an F35 high enough or at an angle from the target that had no valid targets in his cockpit view so the missile wouldn't divert to a closer target. When he launched a Maverick it flew in and destroyed whatever had been marked. It was cool to see he could be almost one third the width of the map away and still hit a marked target.

I remember rather than taking the time to switch places to try it (he would have needed to change soldier class to get the designator) he just launched and then turned around to watch my computer display to see the target get blasted.

The Maverick had a good punch. I think there was one time there were three artillery guns in a row. I marked the first, let it get destroyed. Marked the third and when it blew up the middle gun got destroyed by the combined "nearby" blast damage of the two missiles.

Just tested it and that feature on Hard Justice works fine on BF2 1.5. Interesting.

This post has been edited by WantedMan: Nov 21 2016, 06:12 AM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Nov 21 2016, 09:11 AM
Post #7

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

What broke many mods with BF2 patch 1.5 was the ammo limit that was introduced. AIX 2.0 had to patch many of it's jets to match that ammo limit to prevent crashes.

Why the developers of BF2 patch 1.5 thought it a good idea to add limits is beyond me. uhm.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:40 AM