IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Making the customisation screen work for singleplayer along with complete unlocks for 2142, A question regarding what files are editted etc.
wargame*noob
post Nov 11 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,819

I First began to wonder about this when i found myself in a right dilemma while choosing unlocks for BF2142.

I have the defebrillator and advanced hub, and a small number more, nothing too special.

I realised it'd be cool to have the unlocks in a separate mod and avoid multiplayer with it (Don't want to cheat)
and found through an old post here that the Ffolkes unlocks mod, v1.20a allowed a significant part of the unlocks screen to work.

I was wondering, if it is possible how do i go on from there and create a full unlock and customisation screen mod?

1) Any special software required?
2) Permissions? I DO NOT intend to distribute this at all, definitely not without appropriate permission and perhaps only if somebody instructed me to do so AFTER i have permission from all people related with the original FFolkes mod, if i end up using that mod's files.
3)Which files are relevant to this? Kits_server is the one for kit, and weapons_server is the one for tweaking itemindices and the like, so.. customisation screen?
4) Any other miscellaneous information i might need.

Thank you!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by wargame*noob: Nov 12 2016, 06:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Dnamro
post Nov 12 2016, 08:50 AM
Post #2

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Normally, his unlock is used as a base. Not sure how the unlock mod was made. I suspect that it's a hack instead of a mod. I also don't know if it still works in Bf2142 with the latest patch.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
wargame*noob
post Nov 12 2016, 09:37 AM
Post #3

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,819

QUOTE (Dnamro @ Nov 12 2016, 09:50 AM) *
Normally, his unlock is used as a base. Not sure how the unlock mod was made. I suspect that it's a hack instead of a mod. I also don't know if it still works in Bf2142 with the latest patch.

I'm using the torrent version available from the revive project, and also ffolkes 1.20a on it. It works just fine. Earlier i was using the deathklok version of 2142, also patched to the latest, wherein v1.20c was working fine. Both are version 1.51, hence the latest

This post has been edited by wargame*noob: Nov 12 2016, 11:21 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:42 AM