Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Merging of Mods?, AIX and OMS3.
Crysis
post Oct 29 2016, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,881

You all might know me from the our preciously forsaken game called Battlefield Play4free which perished over the summer of this year. Quite unfortunate to say the least. But undermining that. I have a question for you since I'm still new to modding and all the like. I have submerged myself into the world of Battlefield 2, and have come under quite the predicament to say the least. Let me just say, when I first was introduced to a mod named AIX 2.0, I was shocked by the amount of content it provided me. But even that didn't satisfy my needs to I took some modding in notepad into my hands and made it an all-out war in which each side ad a monolithic advantage over one another (Which was quite the blast. wink* wink*) Needless to say, I was also introduced to a mod that goes by the name of OMS 3.0 quite brings back the iron sights that we so desperately needed in this game, and now have come to a conclusion that I wanted to merge these to mods. I have tried messing around with the settings in ClientArchive and ServerArchive in Notepad in both directions, but I have come under the assumption that I could not when I tested it out right before abruptly crashing. Is there any way to merge this two mods, because I really want to try out a new experience with these two combinations. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Notwithstanding
post Oct 30 2016, 02:18 PM
Post #2

Private

Member No.: 11,303

QUOTE (Crysis @ Oct 29 2016, 10:11 PM) *
You all might know me from the our preciously forsaken game called Battlefield Play4free which perished over the summer of this year. Quite unfortunate to say the least. But undermining that. I have a question for you since I'm still new to modding and all the like. I have submerged myself into the world of Battlefield 2, and have come under quite the predicament to say the least. Let me just say, when I first was introduced to a mod named AIX 2.0, I was shocked by the amount of content it provided me. But even that didn't satisfy my needs to I took some modding in notepad into my hands and made it an all-out war in which each side ad a monolithic advantage over one another (Which was quite the blast. wink* wink*) Needless to say, I was also introduced to a mod that goes by the name of OMS 3.0 quite brings back the iron sights that we so desperately needed in this game, and now have come to a conclusion that I wanted to merge these to mods. I have tried messing around with the settings in ClientArchive and ServerArchive in Notepad in both directions, but I have come under the assumption that I could not when I tested it out right before abruptly crashing. Is there any way to merge this two mods, because I really want to try out a new experience with these two combinations. Thanks.

One way would be to choose 1 of the 2 mods as a base and add the stuff you want in both mods to your base mod.

It will be a lot of work, you shouldn't underestimate this. It can be very rewarding though.

There are lots of stickies somewhere on this forum I think?

This post has been edited by Notwithstanding: Oct 30 2016, 02:19 PM

+Quote Post
R300K
post Nov 10 2016, 03:07 AM
Post #3

Private

Member No.: 10,584

Just bring the weapons that want to use to your main base mod.
Good luck to your mod.
OMS4 Mod will release soon.
Thanks for playing mod.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2017 - 10:15 PM