IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Could somebody upload the vanilla mods/bf2142 folder and its contents patched to v1.51?
wargame*noob
post Oct 21 2016, 04:02 AM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,819

I merged my copy of that folder with the fffolked unlocks mod v1.20 a few months back, unable to start the mod up.

I'm pretty sure this must be the reason bf2142 had a ctd when I tried to join a multiplayer server a while back? The merged file?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Oct 21 2016, 11:26 AM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Never use your default folder. Always make backups. Your dilemma is the exact reason why.

As far as a fresh copy of BF2142, why don't you just do a fresh install? You know we don't endorse Warez or illegal activity, only legitimate sources of the game such as CD/DVD, marketplace digital downloads, and public sources like BFRevive (who don't operate in a hidden corner but openly continue to exist as EA allows). In other words we allow here what the law and EA allows.

If you've lost your disk the Revive project also offers BF2142.

https://bl2142.co/

--------------------

+Quote Post
wargame*noob
post Oct 21 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Captain

I learnt my lesson about the never using the default folder.

I had originally downloaded from the Deathklok website, so I suppose I should go there again?
My main problem is the data cap, I have to operate within that.

Other than that, I have fs 1.5 and fsx, shoudnt they also have servers running that are directly accessible, or do they require some "server files?"

Thank you!

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Oct 22 2016, 11:32 PM
Post #4

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Member No.: 11,469

Deathklok and BFRevive are kinda fully merged now, so they both support showing each others servers on their versions. I would just go with BFRevive 2142 version if I were you since it supports all servers afaik. I don;t use thier full installs as I already own BF2 and 2142 Origin digital versions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dicky Arya
post Oct 23 2016, 12:34 AM
Post #5

Captain

Member No.: 10,994

I have battlefield 2142 , but mod size is 2gb , do you want seperate file ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
wargame*noob
post Oct 23 2016, 06:34 AM
Post #6

Captain

QUOTE (pee-peey Arya @ Oct 23 2016, 12:34 AM) *

Its a bit weird but my copy shows the mods/ bf2142 folder at a size of 5.90 GB?

basically if it is 2 GB then that's ideal, WAAAY lesser data than getting the full game via revive launcher or dethklok. It just should be patched to v1.51, because that's the version I'm running.

Just to clarify, this is program files/EA games/ Battlefield 2142/ mods/ bf2142 right?

That would be very kind!

Thank you!

+Quote Post
wargame*noob
post Oct 23 2016, 06:40 AM
Post #7

Captain

QUOTE (Anthony817 @ Oct 22 2016, 11:32 PM) *
Deathklok and BFRevive are kinda fully merged now, so they both support showing each others servers on their versions. I would just go with BFRevive 2142 version if I were you since it supports all servers afaik. I don;t use thier full installs as I already own BF2 and 2142 Origin digital versions.

I already have revive, and have set it to my 2142 game directory. The only issue is that I had modified it so I can't go to the multiplayer servers via battlelog.

Thanks

+Quote Post
M.Combat
post Oct 23 2016, 07:25 AM
Post #8

Mediocre animator and modder

Member No.: 2,251

MCR was saying revive hosts a download of the full game files patched to 1.51. They can be found on the sites download section and through the launcher.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wargame*noob
post Oct 23 2016, 07:33 AM
Post #9

Captain

QUOTE (M.Combat @ Oct 23 2016, 07:25 AM) *
MCR was saying revive hosts a download of the full game files patched to 1.51. They can be found on the sites download section and through the launcher.

They don't, you have to get the launcher and then you get the game, fully patched to v1.51. However that's a massive data charge.
I'll be left on the streets rather than the servers, and here's why that's bad

Real life has a horrible storyline,
poo for unlocks
No respawning
No commander assets
Terrible graphics and
No battlewalkers

Ooh ! Just described CoD

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Oct 23 2016, 01:36 PM
Post #10

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Correct!

QUOTE (wargamenoob)
They don't, you have to get the launcher and then you get the game, fully patched to v1.51. However that's a massive data charge.

poo for unlocks
No respawning
No commander assets
Terrible graphics and
No battlewalkers

Ooh ! Just described CoD

Actually CoD Black Ops 3 has battlewalkers and allows respawns. tongue.gif

I don't see how file size from Dicky Arya and BF2142 Revive would be much different, unless Dicky or missing something (smaller size) or has some extra content (larger size)... like possible hidden virus/malware or something like that within it. wink.gif Another reason to stick to well screened and reputable sources. No offence Arya.

If bandwidth is an issue, like it is for me, just get a hard copy. Well worth it in the end and is about the cost of a Cheeseburger meal at your local fast food place (or a pizza if you get the Deluxe version).

https://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-2142-DVD...C/dp/B000GPXS9O

--------------------

+Quote Post
wargame*noob
post Oct 23 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #11

Captain

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ Oct 23 2016, 01:36 PM) *

Correct!

QUOTE (wargamenoob)

poo for unlocks
No respawning
No commander assets
Terrible graphics and
No battlewalkers

Ooh ! Just described CoD

Actually CoD Black Ops 3 has battlewalkers and allows respawns. tongue.gif

I don't see how file size from Dicky Arya and BF2142 Revive would be much different, unless Dicky or missing something (smaller size) or has some extra content (larger size)... like possible hidden virus/malware or something like that within it. wink.gif Another reason to stick to well screened and reputable sources. No offence Arya.

If bandwidth is an issue, like it is for me, just get a hard copy. Well worth it in the end and is about the cost of a Cheeseburger meal at your local fast food place (or a pizza if you get the Deluxe version).

https://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-2142-DVD...C/dp/B000GPXS9O

I have the dethklok version, which came patched to 1.51 and had mappack v2 installed, so perhaps more content? The hard copy sounds like a good idea, i shall definitely look into that, Thanks a lot for the links!

i thought both 2142 and bf2 were totally abandonware and were thus unavailable in the market.

turns out, a little more careful searching, they can be found!

They are a good price too, about the same i spend on your typical household shopping, and can be added to origin. wow.

as regards CoD, i really wouldn't know! Honestly speaking i've played very few games, in fact i could count them off on one post.

When i go to college the revive project becomes Waaay easier, it is only right now that i have a data cap (Seriously, with a data cap i shouldn't even be looking to play multiplayer lol)

I guess the screened sources should be stuck to, yeah. However, they should actually make the mods/ bf 2142 (or any other) thing available to download for idiots like me!

shouldn't my antivirus be able to handle it?

thanks!

+Quote Post
Dicky Arya
post Oct 23 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #12

Captain

Member No.: 10,994

QUOTE (wargame*noob @ Oct 23 2016, 07:34 AM) *

basically if it is 2 GB then that's ideal, WAAAY lesser data than getting the full game via revive launcher or dethklok. It just should be patched to v1.51, because that's the version I'm running.

Just to clarify, this is program files/EA games/ Battlefield 2142/ mods/ bf2142 right?

That would be very kind!

Thank you!

Yeah

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Oct 23 2016, 11:25 PM
Post #13

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Member No.: 11,469

QUOTE (wargame*noob @ Oct 23 2016, 11:49 PM) *
They are a good price too, about the same i spend on your typical household shopping, and can be added to origin. wow.

Beware, you will have to call up an EA representative and have the keys manually added. I did mine back in like 2014. The older keys also won't automatically work like that. I was on live chat and even the phone with the guy but eventually he added them. They basically exchange they keys for their newer Origin ones. At the time I think he mentioned they deactivated the retail keys when you did that but that doesn't even matter anymore. There were some issues but can't remember what all that entailed. I did this with BF2 and 2142, and Crysis 1. There are a lot of other EA disc based games from the mid 2000's they will let you add digitally as well.

Still though, if you want to build up your Origin library with most of your BF games I recommend it. Too bad they never sold BF1942 expansion packs or BF Vietnam on the storefront or we could all have had digital versions of them added. I still have my BF1942/Vietnam collection boxed copy so all good.

This post has been edited by Anthony817: Oct 23 2016, 11:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
wargame*noob
post Oct 24 2016, 02:48 AM
Post #14

Captain

QUOTE (Anthony817 @ Oct 24 2016, 12:25 AM) *
QUOTE (wargame*noob @ Oct 23 2016, 11:49 PM) *

Beware, you will have to call up an EA representative and have the keys manually added. I did mine back in like 2014. The older keys also won't automatically work like that. I was on live chat and even the phone with the guy but eventually he added them. They basically exchange they keys for their newer Origin ones. At the time I think he mentioned they deactivated the retail keys when you did that but that doesn't even matter anymore. There were some issues but can't remember what all that entailed. I did this with BF2 and 2142, and Crysis 1. There are a lot of other EA disc based games from the mid 2000's they will let you add digitally as well.

Still though, if you want to build up your Origin library with most of your BF games I recommend it. Too bad they never sold BF1942 expansion packs or BF Vietnam on the storefront or we could all have had digital versions of them added. I still have my BF1942/Vietnam collection boxed copy so all good.

Too bad! Although I hear they had handed out 1942 on origin for free around 2013. As far as my look into the mods directory on that had gone, it had XPACK and XPACK2, so I guess they'd have the expansions. Never really checked. There was a download link I'd seen somewhere, and also the link given above by MCR had 1942, 2 and 2142 all available for sale in the US.

But yeah, the original disk is the most convenient!

Dud Vietnam have any expansions or anything? I don't even know if 1942 and Vietnam had any patches.

Btw, if I buy the cd and they add it to origin, will I be able to download the games onto a new computer with my origin ID?

This post has been edited by wargame*noob: Oct 24 2016, 02:52 AM

+Quote Post
wargame*noob
post Oct 24 2016, 02:55 AM
Post #15

Captain

QUOTE (Dicky Arya @ Oct 24 2016, 12:05 AM) *
QUOTE (wargame*noob @ Oct 23 2016, 07:34 AM) *

That would be very kind!

Thank you!

Yeah

That's cool! Mine must be having some mappacks or something, hence the massive size.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2017 - 06:05 PM