I need your help with game randomly CTD
MrsRazpunzel
post Oct 15 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,846

Hi Guys!

I'm new in forum and modding and i found my first wall that i can't jump over.
I mean i moded my BF2 1.5V with some new guns from PonysaurusRex(modb) all convertions from bf4 and Bf2all64, all unlocks (I modified all ammo's to have double damage and some velocities to). I were doing it step by step, find weapon in net, add it to game, test if it works repeat, if not I windowed and check error, repair ... I modded nearly all kits (US, MEC, CH, EU) everything seems to work right but.. (that "but" that i hate smile.gif) after i added hk416 game begin to randomly CTD with out error window (it sometimes CTD erlier but i i reinstaled addon and it fixed). I used to had this when i added ACE weapons, i deleted it and it works, but now it do not. I serched the forum but i'm really newbie and don't understand how i should to fix, even if i found case simillar to me. I don't think it's RAM, i have 4gb.

Maybe some one had that kind of bug and fixed it, If that someone can tell me how he did that i'll be very happy biggrin.gif

Thatks for replys and be mild with my english i'm from Poland. biggrin.gif

PS. If it's possible it dont want to reinstal everything it took me nearly 5 days of work.

This post has been edited by MrsRazpunzel: Oct 15 2016, 06:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Dicky Arya
post Oct 15 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Sgt.

Member No.: 10,994

CTD without error message? or when you load map it's crash in 15%, must be because itemindex

--------------------

+Quote Post
MrsRazpunzel
post Oct 15 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #3

Enlisted

QUOTE (pee-peey Arya @ Oct 15 2016, 07:37 PM) *
CTD without error message? or when you load map it's crash in 15%, must be because itemindex

No i know the basics tongue.gif i just play sometimes one map sometimes 2 maps, rearly it crashes after several seconds of gameplay.

Can i moddifie ammo without any troubles ?

Thx for reply i appreciate this smile.gif

This post has been edited by MrsRazpunzel: Oct 15 2016, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post
Dicky Arya
post Oct 15 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #4

Sgt.

Member No.: 10,994

your crash might be because ram usage (sometimes I crashed to , my ram is 4gb)

yeah sure you can modify ammo without troubles

This post has been edited by Dicky Arya: Oct 15 2016, 07:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MrsRazpunzel
post Oct 15 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #5

Enlisted

If i can use your Knowlage little bit more smile.gif Why i can't connect to ip in lan, why th button dont works, can i fix this ?

This post has been edited by MrsRazpunzel: Oct 15 2016, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Oct 16 2016, 04:14 AM
Post #6

Major

Member No.: 10,005

QUOTE (MrsRazpunzel @ Oct 16 2016, 02:50 AM) *
No i know the basics tongue.gif i just play sometimes one map sometimes 2 maps, rearly it crashes after several seconds of gameplay. Can i moddifie ammo without any troubles ? Thx for reply i appreciate this smile.gif

Did you use the BF4 Stinger?Look here:

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...c=3497&st=0

If you want soldiers in BF2 to fire their handweapons at aircraft, you have to give the soldier.aitemplate.armament antiaircraft ability. For example, an AT Soldier:

rem *** at armament ***

aiTemplatePlugIn.create Armament atSoldierArmament

aiTemplatePlugIn.setIsAntiAircraft 1

Then tweaking the individual weapontemplates, you'll have bots shooting at aircraft with various handweapons. But then on occasion you'll get a CTD with LookAtWrapper errors.

With windowed mode, the debugger logs, and Outsider's help, we tracked it down to certain aibehaviors that DICE did not include (not their fault, since their soldiers don't have antiaircraft armament). These need to be added:

rem *** LandingCraftFixed Behaviour setup ***

aiSettings.activateDefaultInterpreter LandingCraftFixed BAPSTLookAtWrapper Full

rem *** ParatrooperFixed Behaviour setup ***

aiSettings.activateDefaultInterpreter ParatrooperFixed BAPSTLookAtWrapper Full

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Oct 16 2016, 04:18 AM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Oct 16 2016, 01:48 PM
Post #7

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (MrsRazpunzel @ Oct 15 2016, 08:50 PM) *

No i know the basics tongue.gif i just play sometimes one map sometimes 2 maps, rearly it crashes after several seconds of gameplay.

Can i moddifie ammo without any troubles ?

Thx for reply i appreciate this smile.gif

You said you're using BF2 Ver 1.5, which allows for more memory usage so that shouldn't be the problem. Unless of course you're exhausting all the memory your computer has. After a few games have you every Ctrl+alt+tab to peek at your computer's memory usage (while BF2 is still running)?

We need more info to help isolate the problem.

Are you using a mod to add stuff or default BF2 version 1.5?

Does the crash happen on the same map(s) or random? Are you using custom maps or stock BF2 maps?

And I have to ask, have your browsed the List Of Important Modding Threads to search for possible answers? It serves as a FAQ for modding.

There's a thread there on this very topic... Unknown CTD after a round

--------------------

+Quote Post
MrsRazpunzel
post Oct 17 2016, 08:23 AM
Post #8

Enlisted

#bluehawk112 No i don't use stinger, So i think it's not the case.

#MasterChiefRulz
I could be RAM usage when I alt tab to task menager and check ram it's sometimes nearly full. I tried to shut down everithing exept windows and bf2, it helped a little, game crashes after longer time.

No i modded the vanilla BF2 in mods/bf2.

It craches fully random, all kind of maps vanilla, added by me. Even time is random.

And yes i browsed "FAQ", but because of my english i sometimes don't understand much ( i know everyday use english quite good but don't programistic smile.gif)

THX for replies.

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Oct 17 2016, 09:23 AM
Post #9

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (MrsRazpunzel @ Oct 17 2016, 10:23 AM) *
#bluehawk112 No i don't use stinger, So i think it's not the case.

#MasterChiefRulz
I could be RAM usage when I alt tab to task menager and check ram it's sometimes nearly full. I tried to shut down everithing exept windows and bf2, it helped a little, game crashes after longer time.

It craches fully random, all kind of maps vanilla, added by me. Even time is random.

And yes i browsed "FAQ", but because of my english i sometimes don't understand much ( i know everyday use english quite good but don't programistic smile.gif)

THX for replies.

Sounds like your PC just doesn't have enough RAM for a modded version of BF2 I'm afraid. sad.gif How much RAM do you have?

Have you tried lowering your graphics settings? Textures take a large percentage of RAM because they are loaded there, I've discovered this working with textures in my own mod. Lower graphics should reduce RAM usage.

Did you try the "Large address aware" fix posted by John in the Unknown CTD thread I posted? It adds 'virtual memory' to your system which could possibly help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Oct 17 2016, 10:01 AM
Post #10

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

QUOTE (MrsRazpunzel @ Oct 17 2016, 09:23 AM) *

THX for replies.

That is a big no, no. You should not mod BF2 itself. You should make your own mod or use some other mod. Making changes in BF2 affects the entire game.
Maybe you should reinstall and try modding different mods. You probably broke something, causing more ram usage.

+Quote Post
MrsRazpunzel
post Oct 17 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #11

Enlisted

#Death_EnForcer
O.O i did't know that. Even if it's only weapon addons?

#MasterChiefRulz
I have 4gb of RAM. I've check ram usage, with software and it proves RAM teory, When usage reaches 3,8/3,9 gb game crashes.

So Thanks guys for your time and help smile.gif I think that we found the problem. And i have to visit my computer shop wink.gif

Anyway I'll stay here for a while, greetings from Poland and see ya. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2017 - 11:06 PM