Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New error I've never seen before.
John Foley
post Oct 10 2016, 06:40 AM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,511

Hey, guys. Long time no see. How do you do? I got stuck in Bad Company 2 for a while, but now I'm back, with another problem. Here's the picture

I've tried removing a recent .ai file for a new weapon but the bugger still appeared. Google didn't give much, neither did the search engine. Any help would be appreciated.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Oct 10 2016, 04:11 PM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Do you keep a changelog? A list of the things you've added to your mod what/when/where? Trace back the changes.

Best I got. Never heard of 'unknown pose' myself. Almost sounds 'animation' related. uhm.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Oct 10 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #3

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

QUOTE (John Foley @ Oct 10 2016, 07:40 AM) *
I've tried removing a recent .ai file for a new weapon but the bugger still appeared. Google didn't give much, neither did the search engine. Any help would be appreciated.

I think if you're adding a new weapon, that you are not suppose to remove the ai for the weapon. Then it won't work with the bots and game can crash.

+Quote Post
John Foley
post Oct 11 2016, 04:25 AM
Post #4

Major

Almost sounds 'animation' related. uhm.gif

Well, I did, in fact, mess around quite a bit with a Project Reality M16A2 M203, making it shoot buckshot rounds. But if I'm honest, all I did was replacing its reload/deploy animation with the M203's and making some minor changes that normally wouldn't do any harm (projectile, sounds, batchsize, itemindex, icon, name and GuiIndex). And none of that would matter at all, actually, since it was added and have worked properly for quite some time before this dreadful menace started to appear.

I think if you're adding a new weapon, that you are not suppose to remove the ai for the weapon. Then it won't work with the bots and game can crash.

I meant that I removed the .ai and the weapon. Nonetheless, I do suppose that taking look through all my weapon for missing AI is a fairly brilliant idea.

Do you keep a changelog? A list of the things you've added to your mod what/when/where? Trace back the changes.

I don't. But I can't believe I haven't thought of doing so. It would be extremely handy to have such a thing. I wouldn't forget anything when it comes to a time when I have to start from scratch, from vanilla AIX 2.0. And it would be a lot of help when such a queer thing happens.

Thank you for your advice and tips. I will keep you posted on any progress made. Let's all hope I or someone else can find a solution to this awful problem so that the people who come after us can see it as such a simple problem as we see the ItemIndex error nowadays.

This post has been edited by John Foley: Oct 11 2016, 12:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Oct 13 2016, 11:13 AM
Post #5

Major

Member No.: 5,523

....and making some minor changes that normally wouldn't do any harm (projectile, sounds, batchsize, itemindex, icon, name and GuiIndex....

It harms, believe me. Depends on soldier class and itemindex.

What itemindex you use for your buckshot m203? I think changing the itemindex could solve this problem.

+Quote Post
John Foley
post Oct 15 2016, 01:19 AM
Post #6

Major

What itemindex you use for your buckshot m203?

But I don't give it to the bots. It's in the ItemContainer, so only I can use it.
And while we're at it, does anyone else have problems with having weapons in itemindex 10? I used to have my C4 there and earlier, my M203 smoke grenade, but everytime I shoot/throw the game crashes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Oct 15 2016, 02:22 PM
Post #7

You know the drill...
Group Icon

I thought kits could only have 9 slots? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.Combat
post Oct 15 2016, 11:08 PM
Post #8

Mediocre animator and modder

Member No.: 2,251

I've never tried in BF2 but 2142 allows it. You just can't select it via 1-9, you have to press G(?) to scroll to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
John Foley
post Oct 16 2016, 12:17 AM
Post #9

Major

I read somewhere that you could have more than that by editing this
CODE
ObjectTemplate.inventorySize 10
in objects_server.zip/soldiers/<faction>/<faction>_light/heavy_soldier.tweak and use that weapon in game by scrolling with F (cycle weapons). And, in fact, it worked for me for a while until the game started crashing without message for unknown reasons.

This post has been edited by John Foley: Oct 16 2016, 12:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
John Foley
post Oct 20 2016, 12:55 AM
Post #10

Major

What itemindex you use for your buckshot m203? I think changing the itemindex could solve this problem.

Fastj@ck, it's 7. Do you have any further information?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Oct 21 2016, 05:10 AM
Post #11

Major

In what kitclass you added the buckshot m203 and what ai.template use the kit? The kitclass is important.
I tried once to add the marksman rifle and the marksman rifle deployed to the specops kit.
I used the normal PR deployed marksman rifle and my game crashed because the deployed version was on idx4. The specops kit dont allow a rifle weapon on idx4.
After i changed the item index to another number it worked.

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Oct 21 2016, 07:53 AM
Post #12

Major

Maybe you have more success when you rework your plans.

I think you shouldn't modify the projectile of the m203 or the m203 itself.
I think you should saddle the horse from the back. Use the shotgun of the and change the geometry of the weapon.
You use the shotgun tweak but use the m203 weapon geometry instead of the shotgun and the animations of the m203 or shotgun, whatever fits better.
You get what i mean.

I see problems with itemindex 7. When i look into bf2vanilla, all the item container weapons any of them haven't an index on 7.

Excample Assaultclass:

IDX 1 = knife
IDX 2 = pistol
IDX 3 = rifle
IDX 4 = grenade get replaced by grenadelauncher
IDX 5 = smoke grenade or get replaced by flashbang
IDX 9 = parachute

This post has been edited by Fastj@ck: Oct 21 2016, 08:13 AM

+Quote Post
John Foley
post Oct 22 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #13

Major

Thanks, but more bad news. I tried removing the M203 buckshot completely but the error still appeared.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Oct 23 2016, 02:09 PM
Post #14

You know the drill...
Group Icon

QUOTE (John Foley @ Oct 22 2016, 11:32 PM) *
Thanks, but more bad news. I tried removing the M203 buckshot completely but the error still appeared.

A mistake you can learn from is a victory. You're making progress. Now you know it's not the M203 buckshot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
John Foley
post Nov 4 2016, 07:33 AM
Post #15

Major

Yeah, I could have saved some time if I was more careful.
Anyway, I have brought good tidings here today. After a long time playing through many maps, removing and adding contents, with only a few days ere the moment of giving up, I have found out that it's supposed to be "weaponTemplate.setFiringPose Crouching", not "weaponTemplate.setFiringPose Crouch". No wonder this error is rare. It must take a special kind of stupid to reach it.
Well, that's another one for the list of foolishness. Many thanks to MasterChiefRulz, Death_EnForcer, M.Combat, and Fastj@ck for taking part in this wild goose chase. May the kids who get this error find the buggy ai template easily.

This post has been edited by John Foley: Nov 4 2016, 07:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2017 - 11:06 PM