BF2 Armored Kill mod?
Dnamro
post Sep 24 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Does anyone have the BF2 Armored kill mod that can upload it somewhere and PM me? Apparently is has all the 2142 maps ported to BF2. But don't post it publicly. It is a Russian Made mod and it is apparently ripping off models. I only want to see the how well they did the 2142 map ports.

I can't find any working links online.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Anthony817
post Oct 1 2016, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,469

Wow really? And the links aren't available? Mh, I would be interested in seeing those maps in BF as well. I will see what I can find with my great gumshoe skills. I will let you know if I indeed find something.

Oh the guys YouTube page everybody is asking him about a release so I believe it either A) isn't released yet, or cool.gif it is extremely private. Demon_from_pripyat is the guy doing the mod apparently, and he can also be found on Moddb. I have seen him around some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjoOirSZxe8

In that video you can hear he uses the Russian voices from 2142 as well.

This post has been edited by Anthony817: Oct 1 2016, 01:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Oct 1 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #3

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Tried all the links in his Youtube comments. The links are either dead or if I find a torrent, it is no longer seeded. I will try contacting on moddb.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Oct 2 2016, 12:27 AM
Post #4

Let us know if you find anything out. I am interested in getting my hands on it just to check it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bubbles
post Oct 2 2016, 11:04 AM
Post #5

General

Member No.: 1,539

I've got it. I can either upload the whole mod somewhere or just the maps. Just need a good place to upload it too.

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Oct 2 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #6

What about uploading it to MEGA? Speeds are very good for downloads.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Oct 2 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #7

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Ok, I found some working Google drive links in his YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQrY4Re80NI

The maps and the mod are about 10 GB total.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bubbles
post Oct 2 2016, 01:55 PM
Post #8

General

Member No.: 1,539

QUOTE (Dnamro @ Oct 2 2016, 03:17 PM) *

The maps alone are 7GB I believe.

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Oct 3 2016, 03:24 AM
Post #9

Well, so far I can say it is pretty unstable, but might be due to it pushing the engines limits since it uses a lot of assets from later BF games. It is still in beta too so that is to also be factored in. They use a lot of AIX, POE, PR assets pretty sure without permission, but oh well. In addition to it being unstable, it was kinda laggy at times, and although my system isn't top of the line, it is still pretty decent at least for BF2 it is overkill sicne I have a quad core and R9270x.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Oct 3 2016, 07:39 AM
Post #10

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

QUOTE (Dnamro @ Oct 2 2016, 02:17 PM) *

Thanks for the info Dnamro. I've been waiting a long time to check out that mod.

+Quote Post
sgtsev3n
post Oct 9 2016, 08:50 AM
Post #11

Captain

Member No.: 10,626

The problems with this mod are:
- the map file is huge and most of the maps doesnt properly work. He could left out the non working maps or fix them but its a shame that he made the file so big while some maps crashes and are just making the filesize bigger.
- its basically a lowres version of BF3/4 with BF2 bugs. The BF2 engine cant handle high poly stuff very good. You need a very good computer to run this mod. I have FPS problems, even PR runs better.
- Effects and weapons are from PR and other mods.
- there are still the NAW factions, on other maps, there are just USA and Russia faction. Would be better if he would stick to 2 main factions. It could be countries like USA vs Russia (since its a BF3/4 mod) or organizations like NATO vs Fictional eastern coalition or something like that.

the biggest problem is, that nowadays modders are stealing stuff from this mod and make theyr own BF3/4 mod which leads to ports spam on moddb. Literally every mod that comes to moddb is now another Bf3/4 mod.

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Oct 9 2016, 12:23 PM
Post #12

Dictator

Member No.: 7,896

If I were still modding I'd try to extract the 2142 converted to bf2 maps and get them to work with vanilla bf2 removing all that excess content... stuff.

I've worked on converting a few maps from 2142 to bf2 with some success. the bridge map would work but would have random crashes every once in awhile (i think the navmesh was bork, but it seemed to work ok in the 2142 engine.

Maybe I should dig up my 2142 to bf2 maps conversion and upload them, although these guys may have done a better job.

This post has been edited by bobthedinosaur: Oct 9 2016, 12:24 PM

--------------------
Not doing modding right now, so please don't ask.

+Quote Post
Notwithstanding
post Oct 19 2016, 02:32 AM
Post #13

Private

Member No.: 11,303

Hi.

I have this mod, 2 versions but only the older one I have including maps.

I ported most of the 2142 maps from AK to AIX2 and many were unstable, but I got most of them kinda working, except for Karkand and Cerbere Landing (not Tampa like I mentioned earlier, sry), both maps gave some strange error which might have something to do with BF2 variants of these maps already in my version of AIX2 (Majidah Hill and the AIX Karkand).

Some maps seem glitchy though, tank shells not exploding when shooting the ground (but bots can walk across it).
I remember one map (Remagen) being crashy until I fixed some error that had to do with the snow.

The maps I think I got working include 2142 Belgrade, 2142 Bridge at Remagen Day, 2142 Liberation of Leipzig (both day and night I think), 2142 Minsk, 2142 Port Bavaria, 2142 Shuhia Taiba (It wasn't this map with the ground glitch I wrote about earlier, but Sidi that had this glitchy ground), 2142 Sidi Power Plant (this map definitely has the glitchy terrian where tankshells don't explode on the ground), 2142 Suez Canal (this was obviously the first map I ported, the memories biggrin.gif), 2142 Verdun (Verdun did have a couple crashes after around 15 minutes, but this might have been something to do with non-map stuff).

I'll go see what I did exactly, will send a PM too smile.gif.

I used files and little bits from my old 2142 install to fix the errors I got while in windowed mode, until the maps would actually finish loading and I could walk around in the maps etc.

This post has been edited by Notwithstanding: Oct 19 2016, 07:24 AM

+Quote Post
Notwithstanding
post Oct 19 2016, 02:48 AM
Post #14

Private

Member No.: 11,303

I did get some malware detection from the one I downloaded with a torrent a while ago, but obviously I only use it to borrow content for my own mod, so there's a friendly heads up.

The vehicles had some kind of setting that made them invisible with the ability to change these setting disabled, I fixed this with some batch file. Meshviewer wouldn't open the files prior to me fixing this.

I haven't had time to port any of the vehicles though. The content is interesting.

+Quote Post
kano
post Oct 19 2016, 08:11 AM
Post #15

Major
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 1,704

QUOTE (Anthony817 @ Oct 3 2016, 05:24 AM) *
They use a lot of AIX, POE, PR assets pretty sure without permission, but oh well. In addition to it being unstable,

Armored Kill mod was made by a Russian kid called Demon from pripyat, it was originally released as a unofficial nations at war 7.0, and your right its full of content used
with out permission and totally unstable, it was the reason i decided to create nations at war 8.0 as i didn't want the last version of our mod to be so poorly made and ruin
what ever reputation we had left in the bf2 community.

i have all the bf2142 maps in nations at war 8.0 but 3 still need navmeshing if anyone has a navmeshed version of Yellow_Knife, Molokai and Cologne, i would be interested.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2017 - 10:26 AM