IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nice AI needed for suicide car bomber, needs to drive into enemy lines to blow up there
bluehawk112
post May 28 2016, 07:38 AM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,005

Hi, its me again cool.gif
I really like these suicide car bombers that can be found in a couple of mods, f.e in the marines mod (SP). The only thing that doesnt seem to work very well is the AI of these car bombers. The bots drive around but just wont blow up their vehicle sad.gif .
Of course, they normally should aim for enemy lines in order to blow up there, but they dont.If there is someone among us bf2 passionates who reads this and who is expert/capable of creating a usable AI for this awesome asset, please help me-would be litterally a blast laugh.gif .
Perhaps the bots can drive to an enemy vehicle and blow themselves up once they reach it. If thats not possible at all, a fixed time for blow up after the bots enter the vehicle might be a solution as well....

My plan then is to add new effects for large explosions to that carbomber. These new effects can be found in the bf2 addon section of moddb.com (take a look, they are really impressive!!!)
http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-2/a...losion-animated

http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-2/a...large-explosion
Thanks a lot guys for any help with that new AI
Bluehawk112

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: May 28 2016, 09:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
JOHN007
post Jun 15 2016, 11:15 AM
Post #2

JABBA

Member No.: 8,199

Nice one for the find,

I'm looking at the C5 detonator in the Sp marine mod, lets have some fun, lets see what it does? I'll report back.

--------------------

N.B.KLAN

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Jun 15 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Major

QUOTE (JOHN007 @ Jun 15 2016, 07:15 PM) *
Nice one for the find, I'm looking at the C5 detonator in the Sp marine mod, lets have some fun, lets see what it does? I'll report back.

Thanks John007,this effect here is the one I like most:http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-2/addons/at-mine-v2-explosion-effect
By the way, itīs a very nice add on anyways - it fits perfectly into insurgency warfare.Iīm looking forward to your report...:-)I looked at the AI of these carbombers and I just found some strange AI -I think it was from a F15 bomb (as for the weapon)- huh.gif headscratch.gif headshake.gif crazy.gif

+Quote Post
cheese chisel
post Jun 16 2016, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Major

Member No.: 9,922

maybe have something in the base with a heat or laser signature on it? - then perhaps a TV-guided-missile Ai file from one of the bombers? - just guessing, my PC is still down so I can't check any of this

isn't there a 'detonate within X proximity of target' command or something like that for some weapons? - then all you'd have to do is get him to drive it there

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Jun 17 2016, 09:35 AM
Post #5

Major

Member No.: 5,523

Sorry, DoublePost, however it was possible.

This post has been edited by Fastj@ck: Jun 17 2016, 09:37 AM

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Jun 17 2016, 09:37 AM
Post #6

Major

True,

i never saw a bot detonate a bombcar or Gary.

I think a bombtruck workaround could solve this problem.

I believe, changing the bomblauncher to a c4 weapon (not remote detonated, timebomb with a 0.1 sec detonation delay) could change this.
The c4 is a StickyCollision projectil.
Sofar i know, the stickycollision code forces the bots to get close to a target but i dont know if that works with vehicle c4 weapons but worth a try.

That's the F15 bomb ai:

CODE
rem * Bombs *
weaponTemplate.create USAIR_F15Bombs
weaponTemplate.indirect 1
weaponTemplate.minRange 30.0
weaponTemplate.maxRange 500.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength Infantry    8
weaponTemplate.setStrength LightArmour 31
weaponTemplate.setStrength HeavyArmour 25
weaponTemplate.setStrength NavalArmour 3
weaponTemplate.setStrength Helicopter  1
weaponTemplate.setStrength Airplane    1
weaponTemplate.allowedDeviation 15.0

Or make an invisible barrel that shoot a hyperfast, HighExplosive, big blastradius tankshell, directly in front/ground of the bombcar/truck.

This post has been edited by Fastj@ck: Jun 17 2016, 11:05 AM

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Jun 18 2016, 03:57 PM
Post #7

Major

QUOTE (Fastj@ck @ Jun 17 2016, 05:37 PM) *
Or make an invisible barrel that shoot a hyperfast, HighExplosive, big blastradius tankshell, directly in front/ground of the bombcar/truck.

Thanks Fastj@ck biggrin.gif for your nice ideas! The second option looks more promising to me (with the tankshell) but the question remains: when do the bots trigger that barrel? Miles away from the target, as usual?To be honest, the c4 idea is too hard for me to tweak. This is overstressing my moderate skills in modding... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Jun 18 2016, 04:41 PM
Post #8

Major

question remains: when do the bots trigger that barrel? Miles away from the target, as usual?

weaponTemplate.minRange 3
weaponTemplate.maxRange 8

To be honest, the c4 idea is too hard for me to tweak.

The stickyCollision get added to the projectil. Code the carhorn that fires a sticky projectil.

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Oct 16 2016, 04:07 AM
Post #9

Major

QUOTE (Fastj@ck @ Jun 19 2016, 12:41 AM) *
The stickyCollision get added to the projectil. Code the carhorn that fires a sticky projectil.

Look at this post from Korben Dallas (decembre 30)

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...c=3497&st=0

Sticky projectiles donīt work. Bots always behave like using their C4 then...-but thanks anyway wink.gif

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Oct 16 2016, 04:07 AM

+Quote Post
Fastj@ck
post Oct 17 2016, 05:15 AM
Post #10

Major

Hey Bluehawk,

read again Korbens post.
Bots will use it and go close to the target. Korben posted that bots dont use it over DISTANCE. Bots will behave like using c4 (going close to it).
That was your goal, bring the suicide car close to the target and boom. Detonating a bombcar over distrance to the target doesn't make any sense.

+Quote Post
Notwithstanding
post Oct 20 2016, 06:13 AM
Post #11

Private

Member No.: 11,303

I'm not sure if the problem is fixed now, but a while ago I created a tank that (instead of using chaffs/flares) spawned a very small item that would selfdestruct after 5 seconds and repair the vehicle for 5 seconds. Would it be an idea to make the C4 projectile used for this suicide carbomber very slow and have a negative vehicle repair with very small range, virtually instantly destroying the carbomber's car (basically give the projectile a supply object that damages instead of heals).

The bomb effect from the car itself can originate from the ordinary vehicle detonation once the vehicle reaches 0 hp (I made some kind of suicide soldier by adding an explosion to a soldier, kinda like vehicles trigger an explosion after they get destroyed, it works for soldiers too).

The advantage is that this will also work for servers that don't allow friendly fire to damage ones own teammates, but the disadvantage is that I noticed that my suidice soldier would kill enemy soldier whenever it died in close proximity of them, but I would never get the kills or get any score from getting kills this way.

I never tried a supply object with negative repair/heal this way, but I suppose it could work.
I just remembered I actually did make a sticky grenade that damages soldiers, it's an excellent weapon for removing all enemy soldiers from a vehicle, but leaving the vehicle intact.

This post has been edited by Notwithstanding: Oct 20 2016, 06:17 AM

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Oct 20 2016, 08:35 AM
Post #12

Major

Okay, this is too confusing, to be honest. Some tweak files would help, I guess crazy.gif dunno.gif eyepop.gif

+Quote Post
Notwithstanding
post Oct 20 2016, 03:28 PM
Post #13

Private

Member No.: 11,303

QUOTE (bluehawk112 @ Oct 20 2016, 04:35 PM) *
Okay, this is too confusing, to be honest. Some tweak files would help, I guess crazy.gif dunno.gif eyepop.gif

I can give you a tweak and test it out if you give me some time, but what I did was to basically give a vehicle some flares, mod the flares to just hang in the air, not being affected by gravity or any other object, give this flare a supply object (kinda like the commander supply box) and decrease the time to live to 5 seconds max.

Hope this makes it more clear smile.gif.

+Quote Post
clivewil
post Oct 20 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #14

meh.
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 3,545

i assume you've tried using destroyOnExit?

it's not much good for humans but bots love it

--------------------

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Dec 3 2016, 08:52 AM
Post #15

Major

QUOTE (clivewil @ Oct 21 2016, 02:44 AM) *
i assume you've tried using destroyOnExit? it's not much good for humans but bots love it

If the vehicle gets destroyed when the bots are leaving it, whereīs the point? They donīt always exit their vehicle right beside an ennemy vehicle, I assume, so thanks Clive for trying to help but I think, Iīm searching for something else...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2017 - 10:14 PM