IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Battlefield: Korea Cold War mod back in development after 8 years!!!
Anthony817
post May 13 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,469

Hello everybody, I have some great news. The once very popular BFKorea mod is now being worked on again. We have a new team helping out with the mod. So far we have all the handheld weapons in game, lots of custom assets, vehicles, emplacements and everything like a custom HUD. The mod is pretty close to being finished asset-wise.

The only huge things we are lacking are custom player models, but we can use some placeholders from the PRWW2 mod for the USA Marines, and for Chinese and North Koreans we can use some EOD player models for the mean time until we can get some proper ones created. When the time comes we will need some good voice actors fluent in the Korean language.

we are still looking for more people to add to the mod to help out with anything they can. Currently we still need any help we can get. We are doing well porting vehicles from other mods we have permission from, but a few non-existing vehicles like the Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw helicopter model we have would need to be converted to the game. If anybody could please help us with this task we would be very grateful!

We still need custom maps, we have all handheld weapons in game and finished basically, and we have a lot of already made custom assets for Korean war maps, but we need somebody to place them on a good custom map for us.

As for weapons animations on a few missing things, chad509 our old animator is helping us out with that.

PR and the IDF mod have all let us use missing assets. For some of these assets we could really use a texture artist to help make the vehicles fit better into our mod.

I am currently trying to get in contact with the mod creator to let me and my team post updated to the moddb page, but for now we are posting mostly over at the PR forums.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea/#5939819

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-off-to...d-korea-17.html

If anybody could please help us out with any of the above aforementioned things that would really be great to help us out.

This post has been edited by Anthony817: Jul 11 2016, 03:19 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
nadvgia
post May 13 2016, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Major

Member No.: 10,644

Welcome to BFSP Anthony. I was lucky to find this mod from you and having the same interest in continue developing this mod. Between porting/modding objects from other mods i am giving a hand in whatever i can, it is something that has triggered my interest.

--------------------
Bye bye Refractor 2...

Hello UE4!!!

+Quote Post
Michael Z Freema...
post May 15 2016, 08:05 AM
Post #3

Previously Xenephone
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 4,215

Great to see this mod coming back. I'll look forward to some new news releases !

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post May 15 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #4

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Nice to see you guys rolling again. My father served in the Korean war. I wish you guys good fortune on finishing the project. nod.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post May 16 2016, 05:36 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ May 15 2016, 09:13 PM) *
Nice to see you guys rolling again. My father served in the Korean war. I wish you guys good fortune on finishing the project. nod.gif

Thanks for the kind words! My grandfather was a veteran of Korea from 1950-53, so he was there for the full war. I lost him on my birthday 3 years ago, so in a ways I am trying to have his memory and the memory of all those who fought in the war on both sides live on if you will. I guess that is why I want to see this project finished.

Actually, we all have to thank nadvgia here, without him commenting on my youtube video showing off gameplay of the jets, this project might have remained dead. He set a lot of things into motion and gave me the push to try and get the word out there about the mod again and to recruit many people. I even showed the creator of the mod, Zefan all the people helping out and he even wants to help us some wherever he can.

This mod showed so much potential back in the day, that it really was a shame the majority of the assets never went to use even in other mods. I posted an update on the moddb page yesterday, and we had a TON of traffic!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

Attached File  Capture.PNG ( 15.35K ) Number of downloads: 10

It actually went well over 400 views! It was pretty amazing to see this much interest generated in the project after all of these 8 years of silence.

Like mentioned in the news update, we have a good few people on board as of now, but we are still pretty desperate for at the very least a good dedicated mapper, and maybe even a character rigging person, as we actually do have some old characters but they need to be rigged up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post May 28 2016, 11:26 AM
Post #6

Sorry for bumping, but I just wanted to say we posted some updated screenshots to our moddb page.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post May 28 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #7

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Sorry for bumping,

It's cool Anthony, you're totally within forum rules. smile.gif

QUOTE (Forum Rules)
Double or triple posting is only acceptable when

. adding a new download (updated download) to a previously posted one
. adding multiple pictures
. bumping an old topic of interest

If the topic is bumped twice with no additional replies within 2 weeks then no one is interested and let the topic die.

Forum Rules

Thanks for keeping us informed. Is the new content for BF:K going to have bot support? Very important for a website like us. wink.gif

QUOTE (BF:K Moddb Page)
We also have one of the original animators chad509 back with the mod and is currently getting a few weapons finished up for us.

Glad to see Chad back in the saddle! He's a talented fellow and all around great guy! Really enjoyed his work back in AIX's heyday. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post May 29 2016, 09:25 AM
Post #8

Well, right now we are actually focusing on having bots to play with in our maps, so yes, bots are a super important feature we want to have for our mod, as we understand not everybody is good in multiplayer, or even really likes playing online. I am more of an online multiplayer person, even though I do poorly often, I still like the element of playing against real humans once in a while.

I have posted tons of new screenshots to our moddb page, so you can see some of our new content and even the first public look at our custom Pork Chop Hill trench warfare map.

We have already gotten over 1400 views in the past 24 hours counting yesterdays number of views as well. Right now we are ranked the 10th most popular mod on all of Moddb, so it is really overwhelming how important it was that I started sharing content on the moddb page.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Jul 10 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #9

Hey everybody, I just made another huge update, showing off every one of our U.S. handheld weapons. If you guys love WW2 era weapons you will have a field day!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-kore...eapons-showcase

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Jul 11 2016, 03:06 PM
Post #10

You know the drill...
Group Icon

QUOTE (Anthony817 @ Jul 11 2016, 01:56 AM) *
Hey everybody, I just made another huge update, showing off every one of our U.S. handheld weapons. If you guys love WW2 era weapons you will have a field day!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-kore...eapons-showcase

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads up Anthony. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim2102
post Jul 22 2016, 06:41 PM
Post #11

Major

Member No.: 10,088

Hey Anthony, I could be a beta tester for the mod, like helping find bugs to fix and stuff like that (i posted a comment on your moddb profile)

--------------------
1# Battlefield Gamer

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Jul 22 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #12

Hi! Thanks for the interest in our mod! At first I was against the idea, since we do have stability problems, mostly with our AI, and we do want to make it a priority to fix the AI as all of the devs mostly play the mod against bots. I must admit, it has been something like maybe 8 or so years since I played the mod with another person online, so pretty tempted to do some good old fashioned tunneled LAN over the net to play against real people. I have just been focused on getting content added to the mod over the past 3 months since we revived development on the mod.

I messaged you on my moddb profile, and added you to skype. I see you said you might be interested in making maps for us. We lack custom maps actually, we do have a few though which need a little work, but our most complete map you can take a look at here.

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...showtopic=19063

We are kind of desperate for somebody to help us navmesh those maps, but nobody seems to want to even help us out with that. :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Sep 19 2016, 05:24 AM
Post #13

Just posted our latest news update. Enjoy!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-kore.../autumn-update4

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Dec 9 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #14

Hey guys, just posted our largest update ever.

Communist Weapons update! news - Battlefield: Korea mod for Battlefield 2 - Mod DB

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael Z Freema...
post Dec 20 2016, 01:06 PM
Post #15

Previously Xenephone
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 4,215

Loving that A1 Skyraider AR15firing.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 04:26 PM