Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Getting Organized
bobthedinosaur
post Sep 25 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Dictator

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 7,896

So I'd like to make a push to get the P4F mod another release, since it seems more relevant as the P4F shut down has created some demand for similar game play. The idea would be to have at least one more release (if not a few more) with all the maps and most of the weapon content, maybe some pseudo rush game mode options, and hopefully more than just the vanilla and P4F level setups (which would require some creativity for 16 and 64, 32 will be the P4F's set up).

I'm pretty flexible for mod design and would like feed back and anyone willing to give a hand for the effort.

If youd like to look at the mod planning files check them out here:
Kit Layout: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sS0...dit?usp=sharing
Handheld Weapons: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D84...dit?usp=sharing
Map layout: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15FP...dit?usp=sharing

Dnamro's link for break down of kit layout, identifying weapon origins:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1chL...dit?usp=sharing

Anyone willing to help out or would like to leave miscellaneous questions, comments, or suggestions feel free to let us know in this thread.

I should mention that I would like help specifically in the kit designs. I know what I want, but if others want to play a uniformed version of this online be it coop or other, than maybe the planning of the teams should be a little more thought out. *Hint Hint*... this is your chance P4F fans that want some kind of mod that somewhat resembles the now forever close P4F online game.

Update 1: Right now a poll is going on on how to deal with the upper tier weapons and or kits. You can take part here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HBT7HXS

This post has been edited by Dnamro: Sep 26 2015, 05:39 PM

--------------------
Not doing modding right now, so please don't ask.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (15 - 29)
bobthedinosaur
post Sep 29 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #16

Dictator

Well what about the POE team, how do they feel about a mod merge? I'm okay with it if they are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Sep 29 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #17

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

The POE mod ended over 6 years ago. I haven't been able to contact any old team members in several years. I don't think anyone would mind adding some extra maps and weapons. We can start off by leaving the existing POE maps alone for now and only make changes to the additional maps. By renaming the P4F map clones, we can add those as additional maps. In addition to Trail and Basra, we also have all the expansion pack maps as well as Special forces that can be added. Some of the BFH maps can be added as well. POE is Germany and US VS Ukraine, which would fit into the P4F background. The terrorists and special forces can be added to some maps as well. I did some testing and have Trail and Basra working. I just need to include the Booster pack files, so the parking garage will show up. Also, we can replace some weapons in existing kits for better weapons available, but leave the existing kits mostly the same. Only the new maps would have new kits. If no one objects we can update the kits on existing POE maps. This will allow us to make use of all the work that has gone into the existing mod and adding to it.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
ACE_sweden
post Sep 30 2015, 12:31 AM
Post #18

Enryuu Studios

Member No.: 9,375

Though I'm not a representative for the POE team, I know they don't allow use of their content in other mods.

Hello,

POE does not allow our content to be repackaged within other mods. Sorry.

Good luck on your project,
Josh

Therefore I strongly advise against using POE content without written or verbal permission.

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Sep 30 2015, 04:14 AM
Post #19

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

We would be updating the mod by adding content to it. It could be packaged as expansion packs. That is the beauty of it, by updating the long dead POE with new content we are not violating anything. We would be updating the mod based on current events adding in the latest versions of the community created single player maps along with maps and weapons from the now dead P4f game by Easy studios. Easy studios has previously stated that they don't care if their stuff is used in BF2 modding. I will post up on the POE page to make sure their isn't any backlash first.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Sep 30 2015, 04:14 AM
Post #20

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Could also do an update for AIX as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Sep 30 2015, 08:57 PM
Post #21

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

We would be updating the mod by adding content to it. It could be packaged as expansion packs.

As long as it's done expansion style mini-mod add-ons, there shouldn't be a problem at all. Expansion pack style is easier/more accessible too, smaller file sizes and the ability to switch between regular POE and POE (insert mini-mod name here). smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Sep 30 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #22

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

I am not thinking as a mini-mod but as a mod expansion. If we did it as a mini-mod we could do whatever we wanted with the POE maps, but I don't plan to change those. A mini-mod would have been good when POE was still in development, but there is no reason to do it as a mini-mod now. However, I plan is to leave existing POE maps alone and only use new factions on the additional maps - and we have plenty of other maps that are available. POE ended before the booster maps or special forces were included in BF2. We also have all P4F versions of the BF2 maps. Just use a _P4F extension at the end of the map. We also have BFH maps that can be ported over. There are more than enough maps to play with new factions, weapons and kits. I am sure we can get permission to add vehicles and weapons from AIX. There are also all the great community maps such as from Jones and IMTH that we can ask for permission.

I would also like to update AIX so that special forces, booster maps and the P4F maps can all be played.

I have Basra, Trail and Kark in POE and working great using the standard POE US vs Ukraine factions. Next, I plan on adding the files to get the booster and special forces maps to work. After that I plan on updating the terrorist faction from special forces to ISIL by giving them an ISIL flag.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Oct 2 2015, 05:55 AM
Post #23

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

The POE2 website nor the MODDB page are being maintained. Forums are no longer up. Last post to MODDB page was 7 years ago. The download links no longer work.

Hathcock was the PR guy for POE and I used to have his email, but he no longer uses that email address that I had for him. I sent him a message on MODDB and by email through the address that he posted in his profile.

edit. The email came back as undeliverable

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Oct 3 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #24

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

If we did it as a mini-mod we could do whatever we wanted with the POE maps, but I don't plan to change those. A mini-mod would have been good when POE was still in development, but there is no reason to do it as a mini-mod now.

No gameplay changes either? Like weapon behaviors, AI behavior or anything like that? If so then it could work, if changes are made some purists would end up having a double install (POE and POE + changes).

Lower file size on a mini-mod is a plus too, especially for people like myself with limited bandwidth. uhm.gif

I am sure we can get permission to add vehicles and weapons from AIX

Clive has stated that anything from AIX can be used by the community, so long as it is not content generated by Korben Dallas or SatNav.

I have Basra, Trail and Kark in POE and working great

Basra was my fav P4F map but I never could get it to work on my system. Maybe I need to try to port it over to my mod to see if it works there. headscratch.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Oct 4 2015, 02:07 PM
Post #25

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Of course the singleplayer will be updated. I meant that I wasn't going to change multiplayer on the classic POE maps. POE was always multiplayer focused with singleplayer added due to player request. Void's Strategy enhancements are already part of the expansion pack maps.

I am going to do an add on, so the size will be about the same or even less than a mini-mod.

I have to check -- there may be some singleplayer from the POE SP mini mod that was never added to the POE2 mod

--------------------

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Oct 10 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #26

Dictator

So the voting thing is kind of a failure. I got 3 votes (2 if I exclude my test vote) and I still do not have an idea of what people want for upper tier weapon unlocks or pick up kits, or whatever.

I really don't care, I just want to know what weapons I need to set up so we can get moving.

So maybe we need to organize 3 to 6 release versions were we can incrementally add content and patches. So what I'd like I guess is maybe 4 different squads layout with what weapons I need to port/ fix/ QC/ add optics too.

Should we get rid of the 2 primaries per kit thing? I only really used that so that we could cram as many as the ported weapons as we could in usable kits. But this is probably not the best solution.

Also we need to outline tasks, so we can possibly divy up the tasks to various helpers/ contributes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Oct 10 2015, 01:02 PM
Post #27

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

As I have said before in another thread, I think smaller kits would be better with a wider variety of kit types, like infantry, close combat and anti-vehicle. The kits should also be customized to the team. Once the POE2 mod is set up, I can look through all the weapons and factions available to come up with some kit ideas that will use the new kits.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Oct 10 2015, 01:14 PM
Post #28

Dictator

okay so first step is set up a base mod. Then when it is working someone somewhere will give me a kit list. we'll do 4 teams at a time and I will ready all of the weapons/ gear for each of the kits. Later it would be nice to have custom player models, but that is not a priority for now. Also vehicles, I think most are the same, but there maybe some updates to the skins used in the p4f mod, such as russian stars instead of mec flags, and some snow skins for dalian p4f snow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Oct 14 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #29

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

BF2 has China, Europe, Middle East and US kits.

POE has Ukraine, Germany and US forces. Each of those kits has a few kit variations. There are three different ENG kits, two AT kits.

Adding Special Forces that gives SAS (UK SF), Seal (US SF), Spetz (Russian SF), China Insurgent and Middle East Insurgent. I need to add those to the kit list.

If we additional variants for some kits for close combat and infantry focused maps, that would provide a large number of kits that all the new P4F weapons can be used.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Oct 15 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #30

Dictator

Ok sounds good. Maybe I should just go through and do them all but maybe with some kind of priority. Also I am unsure of what optics to use once we start doing that, or if we should go iron sights vs some non scope optic for some of the SR and DMRs (once the scoped versions are already done).

actually I'd love to recruit some one to help with the tweaking, and animation choosing as I churn out updated models. This would basically be QCing and adjusting the rough draft weapon codes I am throwing on place holder tweaks and not for making new animations....

I can think of a several people that are skilled enough....

This post has been edited by bobthedinosaur: Oct 15 2015, 09:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 04:50 AM