Menu Editor?
EAR93
post Jul 21 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #1

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,678

Hello all,

I just want to ask about BF2 menu. I am not talking about the background or the music but the SWF itself. Is there a way I could edit the menu? Or maybe, borrow from other mods? Is there a Menu editor somewhere, or a tutorial at least, that allows me to change the location of the buttons etc..? The classical bf2 menu is kindof boring and was hopping to edit it somehow (Just like in PR, but not exactly the same).
Also, I am looking the get rid of all the information from the loading screen and somehow put a picture and the loading bar.

Any help, tips, links, or simple info are much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Jul 21 2015, 08:33 PM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

You'll probably need some photo editing software. I use a freebie called Gimp. Many others here use Paint.net. You may need to download .dds plugins for those to edit BF2 image files.

As far as tutorials go I don't know of any, but another way to learn is to reverse engineer one that is already made. A popular one is the BF3 look-a-like HUD.

BF3 Style Hud for BF2

--------------------

+Quote Post
EAR93
post Jul 22 2015, 01:53 AM
Post #3

Enlisted

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ Jul 21 2015, 09:33 PM) *
You'll probably need some photo editing software. I use a freebie called Gimp. Many others here use Paint.net. You may need to download .dds plugins for those to edit BF2 image files.

As far as tutorials go I don't know of any, but another way to learn is to reverse engineer one that is already made. A popular one is the BF3 look-a-like HUD.

BF3 Style Hud for BF2

Hello MasterChief,

Thanks for your reply,
Just so I make myself clearer, and make sure I understood you correctly. I already have Photoshop with DDS plugin. I use it for texturing etc... However, the menu, located in Menu_Cilent/ External/ FlashMenu/ MainMenu.swf is flash. I do not see the use of GIMp/PAINT or Photoshop (Can you clarify about their use in that context?). My focus is on the main menu, for it to become something like the Georgian Conflict Mod Or PR... Or Insurgent Strike. I'd like to play around it, recloate the buttons etc... I have not found any tutorial regarding the Main Menu and was hopping someone can help me around it.

As for the HUD, I'll be looking up ways to remove the health bar/ Crosshair etc.. Just to make it more.. realistic. (I'll appreciate any tutorials, otherwise, I'll try hard until I give up and ask around).

Thanks again Master!

+Quote Post
EAR93
post Jul 24 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Enlisted

No answer?

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Jul 24 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #5

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

Maybe the following link can help you. I have no idea how it works or if you can make changes with it. Good luck.
https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/

Edit: I think you might need another flash program to be able to edit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4eyos3z8wI

+Quote Post
Aznaeub
post Sep 9 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #6

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,589

Have a look here wink.gif

http://xus97.lofter.com/post/8f246_641c09

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Sep 26 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #7

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Aznaeub @ Sep 9 2015, 12:44 PM) *

OMG! I have been hoping someone would explain how to edit the flash menu for BF2! That looks great. Thanks for pointing this out.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 04:22 PM