Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Need help with Scope crosshair "G 36k"
Aleks
post Apr 14 2015, 09:50 AM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,091

Hi ppl! i need help to solve the problem with scope on the G36k i ported from "Point of Existence" to my "AIX" mod ... everything works just fine apart from the scope crosshair ... i cant seem to find the path for the crosshair anywhere so i could edit it and point out new location (cuz i have renamed weapon totally and edited bundlemesh )

in the PoE mod the crosshair is stored in
menu_client.zip\HUD\Texture\Ingame\Weapons\Icons\Hud\Crosshair

scope in
objects_client.zip\Weapons\Handheld\textures

i moved scope to weapon folder itself and edited bundlemesh as i said already so scope works fine but it is missing dang crosshair ... so what i did was edit the scope and put crosshair inside to combine the both ... works fine in game but cuz of that the hit indicator doesnt work on this weapon anymore ... when you shoot through scope you can not tell do you hit anyone or not (green hit indicator doesnt pop up)

and anyway i would like to know how to link crosshair with the weapon when i port more weapons in the future .. cuz editing the scope itself took long time for me and without hit indicator this weapon kinda sux!

so any help over there ? thanks for your time!

P.S. UPDATE! i used original blank scope just now to see if i did screw up maybe anything but nope ... the hit indicator/marker when you shoot anybody doesnt appear in scope ... when you shoot from hip it is there but scoped it simply doesnt show up any idea what's with that ? tested AIX weapon after that aix_G36V and hit marker/indicator works just fine on this weapon when scoped ... so i have no idea now

1. original scope
2. scope crosshair
3. my edited scope

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
bobthedinosaur
post Apr 14 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #2

Dictator

Member No.: 7,896

did you assign the scope hud a new id or are you replacing an existing hud id?

--------------------
Not doing modding right now, so please don't ask.

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Apr 14 2015, 05:47 PM
Post #3

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Might want to try redoing the crosshair as it originally was (but backup your edited one just in case you want to experiment with it further).

Zoomed in crosshairs are dictated in the weapons TWEAK file, and will be referred to as the altGuiIndex . You need to bring all the files associated with that POE G36k to the exact same place in your mod (which should be following the general format of regular BF2). If not just mount it the same as it is in POE.

Now in the menu_server\HUD\HudSetup will the files that allow the game to run the custom crosshairs. I figure it should be in the Weapons folder since it's a weapon. Search the tweaks till you find the one that is for your G36k, and mount it in your mod the same way it is in POE. Once found open the tweak and search for the line that has EQUAL GuiIndex and this will be the number you will want to use for the altGuiIndex in the POE G36k's weapon TWEAK file. This should allow the weapon to run the custom hud when zoomed in.

Hope that helps. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aleks
post Apr 15 2015, 02:48 AM
Post #4

Major

Now in the menu_server\HUD\HudSetup will the files that allow the game to run the custom crosshairs. I figure it should be in the Weapons folder since it's a weapon. Search the tweaks till you find the one that is for your G36k, and mount it in your mod the same way it is in POE. Once found open the tweak and search for the line that has EQUAL GuiIndex and this will be the number you will want to use for the altGuiIndex in the POE G36k's weapon TWEAK file. This should allow the weapon to run the custom hud when zoomed in.

PoE
menu_server.zip\HUD\HudSetup\Weapons

moved HudElementsG36.con to my AIX
and added line from HudSetupWeapons.con "run HudElementsG36.con" to my AIX HudSetupWeapons.con and BAM scope and hit indicators are back online! i had to create crosshair as .dds as game was crashing on .tga but now it works ... the one problem tho hit indicator/marker is now red ... but i dont like red marker and nor do i want this weapon to be something special cuz all others have green marker ..

inside the HudElementsG36.con there is this

rem -------------------------------------------- Hit Indication ---------------------------------------------------

hudBuilder.createPictureNode G36Hud G36HitIndication 384 284 32 32
hudBuilder.setPictureNodeTexture Ingame/CrossHair/vsp_HitIndicator.tga
hudBuilder.setNodeColor 1 0 0 1
hudBuilder.setNodeAlphaVariable HitIndicatorIconAlpha
hudBuilder.setNodeShowVariable HitIndicatorIconShow

setNodeColor is the color of Indication as i can pretty much guess .. but how to change to green ?

Hope that helps. smile.gif

you help me alot mate! thank you for everything guitarist.gif

P.S. ok nevermind i found out the color by testing ... (damn i love starting BF over nine thousand times over and over again smile.gif )
here are the colors that i managed to find out untill i got green ... dunno if there are more i dont want to test anymore
0 0 0 0 white
1 0 0 1 red
1 1 0 1 yellow
1 0 1 1 violet
0 1 0 1 green

This post has been edited by Aleks: Apr 15 2015, 03:11 AM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Apr 15 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #5

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

i love starting BF over nine thousand times over and over again

LOL. laugh.gif

Now you're getting the hang of it! bigthumb.gif

Some people use the BF2 editor to check changes, I haven't bothered with the editor much so I do the same thing you just described.

here are the colors that i managed to find out untill i got green ... dunno if there are more i dont want to test anymore

If you find a color you like you on another weapon, just go into that weapon's Hudelements and copy it's color settings over to the weapon you want to have that hit indicator color.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aleks
post Apr 16 2015, 02:46 AM
Post #6

Major

Now you're getting the hang of it! bigthumb.gif

Some people use the BF2 editor to check changes, I haven't bothered with the editor much so I do the same thing you just described.

no idea about editors ... but atleast my i7 4770k, SSD, and Host Redirect do help for rather quick BF 2 start ... and besides i want to test everything ingame to see that it does actually work in my AIX

If you find a color you like you on another weapon, just go into that weapon's Hudelements and copy it's color settings over to the weapon you want to have that hit indicator color.

i checked everywhere mate in AIX in PoE in Vanilla BF and i could not find anywhere green hit color that i wanted .. so yes only option was by changing numbers myself and start BF a couple of times to see what happens and so i found it that way

Thank you mate rly big time for helping noobs like me out! cuz after that G36k next weapon i ported was M4A1 and it had the same problem .. but instead of "crosshair" it was "red aimpoint dot" this time .. and hit indicator didnt work again just like by G36 so if you didnt tell me where and what i would have sit there for ages not understanding what's going on .. but now i know a little bit more of weapons porting smile.gif Thanks!!!

This post has been edited by Aleks: Apr 17 2015, 03:45 AM

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Apr 16 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #7

Dictator

Member No.: 7,896

Well some people here actually work on that mod, so I would reserve your negative comments to more constructive criticisms (which might also help bug fix the project).

This post has been edited by bobthedinosaur: Apr 16 2015, 09:06 PM

--------------------
Not doing modding right now, so please don't ask.

+Quote Post
Aleks
post Apr 17 2015, 03:41 AM
Post #8

Major

QUOTE (bobthedinosaur @ Apr 16 2015, 09:04 PM) *
Well some people here actually work on that mod, so I would reserve your negative comments to more constructive criticisms (which might also help bug fix the project).

ye ofc bob my bad ... that outburst happened cuz i was angry that overything is out of place let me explain things:

1. the so called "patch" did anybody test it ? mod and patch were released in 2013 and since then there was no other releases but 2 wallpapers and only 1 map ... after the patch most maps started to crash with unkown error to me - so instead to waste time (cuz i didnt even knew what patch does fix and does it bring more new weapons or anything - there was no description) i just uninstalled it and installed pure mod only again ... btw even without patch there are 1 or 2 maps that i can not play on (when map is loaded and i am at kit selection i can not see "ingame map with spawn points" so i can not select any spawn point and spawn on the map on both sides US and China - so it makes map unplayable even tho it doesnt crash)

2. weapons - this mod has some rly cool guns this is why i did port some weapons to my AIX - models textures and sounds are good and sometimes better then what you can find in average mod ... the best thing was in this mod animations - the weapons that i ported look rly good and fluid .. but not all weapons sadly only a couple!
but the true problems is -
in the mod dev team it say
Bobthedino - mesh hacker, modeler
i dont know how it does work when a group of ppl work on the same mod and who has which role ? so my guess is "everybody does contribute his part to the mod 1 gives sound,the other one textures,next one animations and so on ... and then 1 guy does combine all that together or what ?" cuz it feels like ppl that did weapons made a rly good job - but that one guy (or multiple guys i dont know) who did weapon combining did something rly wrong ... cuz even me - such a noob who still doesnt know much about BF2 but atleast i know a little bit that server and client.zip dont need to have identical files ... why would you put like i said already animations,sound,textures,mesh,tweak everything in to both folders ? if you have them totally identical it means your mod is going to be exactly 50% bigger then it needs to be .. instead of like 300 mb it's gonna be 600 only cuz somebody put files all over the place ... folders are filled with garbage for no reason.

so sry if i was in rush and wrote angry in my previous post ... the weapons in this mod are rly promising but the mod itself is executed badly together this is what i think ... you need somebody to take a look at at both client and server zip and make him remove all the garbage and identical files ... also mod could need some icon fixing cuz this is a problem in this mod aswell many icons dont match a weapon and many are missing at all .. weapon just does link to wrong icon to not crash the game - bad solution if you ask me (i just learned how to create icons myself only yesterday ) but damn after you know how to it is rly easy to make your own custom icons directly of a weapon!

as an excuse i will contribute Svu icon i made myself to your mod cuz you dont have one!
http://www.filedropper.com/svuhudicon

how did i made it ? man it's rly easy ... bfmeshviewer - loaded svu in it and ofc made sure all textures are present ... removed all edges and grid - everything that is in the way .. then used green background in viewer and moved weapon in position so that weapon is facing exactly the same way as all my weapons in Aix and print screened ... open my paint.net insert image and with magic wand remove all green background and make it transparent .. then resize weapon to 300x88 and save as .dds and .tga and bam it is working and looks rly good ingame ... maybe my icon isnt as professional that those guys made in "big icons pack 44mb" but there isnt a single black svu icon available on the interent ... even the black svu in gamebanana
http://bf2.gamebanana.com/skins/126341
doesnt has hud icon - so i made one myself and anybody is free to take and use it

so ye sry if i was too harsh with that mod but mate like srsly it needs some more work done on it if you want this mod to be rly good! tell me what you think about all that and if i am still wrong about it ?
P.S. can anybody remake "AA12 drum mag" from this mod so that maybe the drum isnt half way through the arm-sleeve ? i ported then normal AA12 with small clip ...and the one with drum is rly awesome but i didnt want it only cuz of that damn drum going through the sleeve -.-

This post has been edited by Aleks: Apr 17 2015, 03:49 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 04:39 PM