Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

BF2 Arica Harbor WIP help
Morimaru
post Mar 27 2015, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,525

First of all, english is not my mother language, please, excuse if I`m a completely narrative retard, second... I introduce myself.

I'm a BF player since old school, never hardcore, but I`ve played all titles up to BF3. The most enjoyable for me, always been BF2, but I admit BC2 has also give me hours of fun, even with that "arcadish" style. And that game is the main reason for making an Arica Harbor conversion. That map seems the most fittable with the default BF2editor stuff, and of course was one of my BC2 favorite maps.

Well, this is my very first map, so it probably will be full of bugs and problems. The map is builded with the editor objects, completely BF2 stuff, no objects have been imported. At this point, I can say the level is complete in terms of object placing and terrain modeling (i donīt know how to make heighmaps, so I build it manually)

Now I want to texture the terrain, but I donīt know why, textures look so bright and with a lot of color contrast, then I requeste the help from one of the map guru's here. Please, whatīs the problem? I illustrate this with some screenshots:

This is rendering grid with texture

This is detail rendering

Some other screens

If someone with experience are encouraged to paint the terrain or any kind of help, will be very welcome wink.gif You can mail me in morimaru@goshin.es

Regards!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
JONES
post Mar 27 2015, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Graphic Artist/Map Designer (retired)

Member No.: 1,511

Welcome on bfsp and great job on the map remake so far! (your english is ok btw wink.gif )

Looks pretty nice, i can realy recognise the original map from your objectplacement and terrain, realy nice work!

If you have to bright terrain colors go to the tweaker bar in the editor and press on the level name, here you can edit the terrain sun and sky color aswell static, effects and other light settings to your liking!
Beside this i would also suggest you to try to use eighter tpaint or geocontrol to color your basic terrain before you start with detail work ok the textures!
if you need any more help just write down what you need i would love to see this map getting done! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by JONES: Mar 27 2015, 10:17 AM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Mar 27 2015, 10:24 AM
Post #3

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

i would love to see this map getting done!

You and me both! This remake is exceptionally well done! nod.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Mar 27 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #4

Dictator

Member No.: 7,896

you might be able to send the terrain map to someone with geo control and they could do a proper painting for you. the map looks pretty cool tho. I hope you have a nav mesher in mind

This post has been edited by bobthedinosaur: Mar 27 2015, 03:28 PM

+Quote Post
Morimaru
post Mar 28 2015, 03:22 AM
Post #5

Enlisted

Thanks to all for the replies, your works habe been certainly inspiring to me for start modelling the map and creating a personal mini-mod in wich I'm working, it`s a pleasure that one of the most active modders in the community recognize my work and encourage me to continue working.

Dr.Jones offered friendly to lend a hand (I reply ur PM) He can do the basic texturing, then I will try to detail it. smile.gif

MCRuiz, thanks for the encouragement again, I'll try to do a good job.

Bob, of course I have navmeshing in mid!!!!! tongue.gif

Due to my job, only have a few hours a day completely free, but i'll try to work on it as much as possible.

Regards!!!!!!

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Mar 28 2015, 03:56 PM
Post #6

Dictator

Member No.: 7,896

Be sure to keep us posted.

+Quote Post
JONES
post Apr 3 2015, 02:06 AM
Post #7

Updated terrain coloring i made with geocontrol just for those who are interested, cant wait to see more of this map wink.gif

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Apr 3 2015, 08:16 AM
Post #8

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Looks great guys!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheObscure
post Apr 5 2015, 06:18 AM
Post #9

Major

Member No.: 10,010

@ Morimaru

Very nice work indeed! It looks very close to the original and I can't wait to see how this remake will turn out to be. I also want to inform you that bobthedino has made it possible for mappers to use a whole bunch of new static objects from the expansion packs as well as the booster packs. They can now be fully lightmapped in the bf2editor so if you want to have this remake as close as possible to the original, you should browse through those static objects to see if you can find a few that will be more suitable for the remake. Otherwise, just keep on what you are doing currently and the map will still be awesome! smile.gif

Link to lightmap samples you must use for the new statics: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...showtopic=17230

If you have questions about them and how to install them, just read through that thread and/or ask me.

+Quote Post
Morimaru
post Apr 6 2015, 03:53 AM
Post #10

Enlisted

Hi again!

I have to apologize for the lack of updates

Jones posted his amazing work on terrain, but since that day the project don't growp up a little... the reason is I`ve suffered a personal injury (A car threw me a piece of metal into my left eye when I was on cycle, drilling my eyelid and my cornea)
I had to do surgery, Doctor told me that recovery is relatively fast, but treatment makes me very photosensitive, and hardly can watch monitor light for few minutes. blink.gif laugh.gif

I guarantee I am the first who wants to play the map!!!!! laugh.gif But progress need to be postponed a little, sorry sad.gif

When I taking again the work , I 'll keep an eye on those statics, this looks SOOOO interesting!!!!!! ohmy.gif

If anyone want to take a look to the map in his current "form" I can post a link to it without problem, Jones has it too smile.gif

Regards and thanks to all.

+Quote Post
TheObscure
post Apr 6 2015, 05:45 AM
Post #11

Major

Member No.: 10,010

Ouch! I hope you will recover 100% and very fast mate.

So in light of your injury, we will understand that you will be out of commission for a while and that progress will be slow. In the meantime I would be very glad to see the map for myself in the editor. I might be able to help with the process of lightmapping and overall tweaking, but I guess there are more experienced mappers here that would like to do the same. Regardless, if you can also pm a link of the map in its current state to me, I may be able to help you with a few things.

Thank you. smile.gif

This post has been edited by TheObscure: Apr 6 2015, 05:46 AM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Apr 6 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #12

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Ouch! I hope you will recover 100% and very fast mate.

Seconded. Take care Morimaru and get well soon. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morimaru
post Apr 16 2015, 02:29 AM
Post #13

Enlisted

Hi all

Seems that the wound of my eye is more serious than it looked, and they have to make me a second surgery intervention, because they need to implant a kind of artificial membrane in my eye. dunno.gif

I'm so sorry, this project really excites me sad.gif

At the moment, photosensivity doesn't let me work, and doctors doesnt't let me too biggrin.gif Fortunately I have my girlfriend to transcribe me texts, but I can not ask her to finish my map laugh.gif

They don`t give me an exact date of full recovery , therefore , the work done, is at your disposal of course. Jones can provide the link , he made the texturing and ambient, and I don't want to publish it without his consent. ( I hope this doesn't cause you problems Jones) I only request one thing, if someone publish a final version before I return, give me some credit, please.

Again , thank you all for the support, it hurts me so much not being able to work on this at the moment, now that I have the hype so high rolleyes.gif , just hope I can come back to it as soon as possible .

Regards! cheers.gif

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Apr 16 2015, 05:55 AM
Post #14

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Member No.: 8,214

@Morimaru, I wish you will get better soon and may strenght will lead your way wink.gif

If someone is looking for light expert, I'm letting you know, you had found me biggrin.gif Respect on epic work man.

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post
JONES
post Apr 16 2015, 09:31 AM
Post #15

@Morimaru

Ohh damn, hope you recover again, this sounds not so good sad.gif eyes are something pretty sensitive, i wish you the best mate!

Also in case i realy have alot time in my hands , which i sadly dont have atm i might even consider working on the map some more if your ok with that only of corse, thought im pretty bussy with alpha project atm and doing basicly nothing else but coding and fixing bugs (i hate this job id rather work on a map or texture you can imagine) wink.gif

Lets see what time tells!

Again, best wishes to you to get well again man!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2017 - 06:05 PM