Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Phale's Release Thread, Animations, Sounds, Textures
phale
post Aug 10 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 9,609

Hi everyone! I've been modding BF2 for a while but I'm just beginning to release some of my work. Stay tuned, I've got plenty more content which I plan to release. Enjoy!

All downloads will be on my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/hg426/videos
Please subscribe if you want to see more gameplay from my personal mod!

***You are only allowed to publicly use my work with the permission of the original authors***
I will put all credits in the description of the video in which I release them. Please credit me and the original authors if you use our work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my first release, the P4F L96A1 using Develop013's JNG-90 animations. Link in the description of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFcbb2WkZFI...eature=youtu.be

Features Battlefield 4 style sprint, bumpmap textures, and custom reload sounds, and includes my personal suppression tweak.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texture pack for Develop013's G3A3 released! Link in the description:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCRzWNT6vOs...Z8lp5mCDncQ4USw

I didn't really like the original BF3 texture that Develop013 used, so I blended it with the G3A3 texture from MOH2010, and now it looks much more battle-worn and realistic. I also made bumpmaps to add extra detail. The pack includes a 1024x1024 version of my texture, a 2048x2048 version, and the original for comparison/backup. Personally I use the 1024x1024 version since it's really hard to notice a difference and it's much smaller. If you want to use the 2048x2048 textures just delete the 1024 ones and rename g3a3_hd.dds to g3a3.dds. I've also included my standard BF4 style sprint and animation blending. I've slowed down the reload to add more weight to the weapon, and included a custom reload sound to match. (Note: this reload sound also works for 7game's G3A3 in Combat!)

Texture compilation for M4/M16 weapons released!
So it turns out that the base model for M4 and M16 type weapons in Battlefield originated from a model created for Medal of Honor 2010, so most of the textures that have been released for these weapons are interchangeable. I compiled some textures from Battlefield 3, Play4Free, MOH, and the BF2 community together into this texture pack! I created a bumpmap texture and did some tweaking with the alphas, but otherwise, all credits go to the creators of the textures. Included in the pack are meshes and textures for Develop013's m4a1_tac, m16a4_tac, and usrif_m16a3, as well as Eversmen's usrif_m16a3 and moh_cqbr (Eotech and ACOG versions). Make sure you replace the old meshes with my new ones to use the bumpmaps!

For preview pictures and credits for each texture, please refer to the images on my ModDB page:
http://www.moddb.com/members/phale/images/...ation7#imagebox

Download link will be in this video, which shows the BF3 texture on a slightly different (unreleased) model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqho4poJU6g...Z8lp5mCDncQ4USw

***Make sure to read the readme file, you need it to install properly!***

Texture and sound pack for Develop013's ACW-R released!
Features a new BF4 texture and bumpmap which was ported by Develop013. I took the texture and edited it using the original BF3 texture and LagNeverFails's alpha texture. I've also included LagNeverFails's digital woodland texture. I made a new reload sound for the gun and included my standard animation blending techniques. The fire sound has been changed to Develop013's MW2 ACR fire sound. Thanks to Ironclad2014 for the weapon icon. Make sure you use the new mesh so you can take advantage of the new bumpmap. Enjoy everyone!

Preview pictures on my ModDB page: http://www.moddb.com/members/phale/images/acw-r

Download link will be in this video, which shows the BF4 texture on a different (unreleased) model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLawMLXBcaI...Z8lp5mCDncQ4USw

BIG texture pack for Develop013 weapons released!

I've been working on this one for a while! It features textures for no fewer than 16 of Develop013's weapons! Most textures were extracted from Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Play4Free, and edited by me. It also features several bonuses which you'll have to find out for yourself! Make sure to read the included readme file for all the details. Enjoy!

Download link will be in this video. It shows all of the included textures as they appear in BFMeshViewer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMSTfHnOYw...Z8lp5mCDncQ4USw

QSZ-92 on Wei Wang/Mr Brightside animations released!

Featuring beautiful animations by Mr Brightside and great work by Wei Wang compiling them for BF2! The vanilla QSZ-92 doesn't fit any of the currently released animations for other pistols, so I decided to fit it to these new ones, and it turned out quite well!

Download link will be in this video. The download uses the vanilla model and textures. Neither the PR model, nor JONES's textures, are included. However, you still need to replace the old mesh with the new one for the animations to line up correctly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E49UkuzlCBs...eature=youtu.be

Customizable texture pack for Eversmen's ACR released!

The ACR model used by Eversmen has been ported to Insurgency's Steam Workshop by MrBrightside. Several members of the Insurgency community have made custom textures for the weapon and released them on the Workshop. I converted those textures to BF2 and played around with them to put together this pack. The pack includes two different styles of textures (Standard and Two-Tone) and each style has four textures for different environments (Standard, Desert, Snow, Digital). It also includes 3 different iron sight textures that add high-contrast colored dots to improve aiming. There's also a special bonus texture which is meant as a surprise wink.gif

Preview pictures are available on my ModDB page, here: http://www.moddb.com/members/phale/images/...e-pack#imagebox

Download link in this video. Note, there are two different downloads for the ironsight and red dot versions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVBmBDKeViM...eature=youtu.be

**Make sure to read the readme for instructions on how to install the textures!**

BF4 RPK on EnemySniper animations released!

Emiliomau originally ported the RPK from BF3 and released it on ModDB. I took his model and mesh hacked it, adding the vBF2 drum magazine and bipod. I also added the beautiful wood textures from BF4. I even made a stationary version to replace the vanilla stationary RPK. The download includes my usual animation blending, BF4 style sprint, a new reload sound, and my personal suppression tweak.

You can view preview pictures on my ModDB page here: http://www.moddb.com/members/phale/images/rpk-drum#imagebox

Download link is in this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1waO1Yyh88...eature=youtu.be

Insurgency SKS on EnemySniper animations released!

I finally learned how to port weapons with 3DS Max! The SKS comes from Insurgency with beautiful textures from the Steam Workshop by Warrior J. I also made a version based on a Chinese Type 63 texture by CROW Industries. The Type 63 is the Chinese full-auto derivative of the SKS. Custom icons for both weapons are included. Also, note that New World Interactive (creators of Insurgency) is on the porting whitelist. You can freely use this model in public mods wink.gif

Download link is in this video! http://youtu.be/eYMvZC3fOHI

More to come soon!

Also, learn how to use the animationsystem1p.inc file to blend animations and get BF4 style sprint in my tutorial here:
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...showtopic=17972

Comments, suggestions, requests are appreciated! Hope you enjoy my work!

This post has been edited by phale: Apr 27 2015, 03:48 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 10 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

New contribution thread! Stickied and welcome to the Community Add-Ons section! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jenci21BF
post Aug 10 2014, 06:49 PM
Post #3

Captain

Member No.: 9,490

Now my Battlefield 2 will be closer to realism and fun step by step.
Thanks, Phale. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JONES
post Aug 11 2014, 09:31 AM
Post #4

Graphic Artist/Map Designer (retired)

Member No.: 1,511

Nice stuff as usual phale, great job smile.gif

+Quote Post
phale
post Aug 21 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #5

Major

UPDATE: Texture compilation for M4 and M16 weapons released! Included in the pack are meshes and textures for Develop013's m4a1_tac, m16a4_tac, and usrif_m16a3, as well as Eversmen's usrif_m16a3 and moh_cqbr (Eotech and ACOG versions). Refer to my ModDB page for preview pictures and credits: http://www.moddb.com/members/phale/images/...ation7#imagebox

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ironclad2014
post Aug 21 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #6

Major

Member No.: 10,037

Nevermind this post but great stuff anyway!!! clapclap.gif

This post has been edited by Ironclad2014: Aug 21 2014, 11:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Terra Bytes
post Aug 22 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #7

Private

Member No.: 10,123

Friend Phale, What Happened Here ? unsure.gif blink.gif sad.gif

(Click On The Picture)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Untitled2.png ( 701.66K ) Number of downloads: 32

+Quote Post
REXY12345
post Aug 22 2014, 09:16 PM
Post #8

Captain

Member No.: 9,597

QUOTE (Terra Bytes @ Aug 22 2014, 09:49 PM) *

(Click On The Picture)

the videos work for me ?

--------------------
hi guys if you want to chat for play some games tim.king638 that my Skype and my steam is rexy12342

+Quote Post
Terra Bytes
post Aug 22 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #9

Private

QUOTE (REXY12345 @ Aug 22 2014, 10:16 PM) *

(Click On The Picture)

the videos work for me ?

Now how to Fix it ? happy.gif

+Quote Post
Terra Bytes
post Aug 22 2014, 09:26 PM
Post #10

Private

QUOTE (Terra Bytes @ Aug 22 2014, 10:25 PM) *
QUOTE (REXY12345 @ Aug 22 2014, 10:16 PM) *

(Click On The Picture)

the videos work for me ?

Now how to Fix it ? happy.gif

Ok Finally I'VE fIX it ..

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 23 2014, 09:51 AM
Post #11

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Phale could you elaborate (construct a tutorial maybe) on how you adjust models using BFmeshview/Vertex transform to fit animations? I'm very interested in that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
phale
post Aug 23 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #12

Major

Quite simple actually. You can find Vertex Transform under tools. Just open up the weapon you want to re-animate and the weapon that uses the new animations. Then play around with the x, y, z coordinates of the new weapon until it matches the location of the animations. It will take some trial and error to get lined up perfectly, but it's very, very useful. Also, by doing this you will need to find new zoomed animations for the weapon; you'll probably have to do some more trial and error with my animation blending techniques to get that working. Otherwise you may also be able to use vertex transform to get the sights lined up to the new animations, at the cost of some minor clipping.

I have encountered problems with this feature, though. It seems that sometimes if you move the weapon too much, it will become glitched in-game with parts of the mesh sticking out everywhere. This is really annoying when you have the perfect animations for a weapon and it just doesn't want to be moved. I think the only way to get around this is to do the moving in 3DS Max, which takes a lot more time. So just make sure to make backups whenever you do this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 23 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #13

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Having difficulty getting the weapon to play in BFmesh view. Step by step how would I do this? I've tried using the example on the bytehazard website and all I get is the play bar running with the model not moving.

Website says drop model, then .ske file, then .baf file into bfmeshview to view.

Since it was a weapon model I wanted to tweak animations for I would 1) drop the weapon model 2) No .ske file so I would skip this 3) drop the .baf file in. No good.

I then tried dropping in 1) weapon model 2) 1st person setup.ske 3) animation file and that was no good either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
phale
post Aug 23 2014, 11:17 AM
Post #14

Major

Well I don't use BFMeshViewer to play animations. I just do the vertex transform and then test it in-game. I like to use the CoD4 Shipment map as it loads quickly.

Actually, if someone knows how to use BFMeshViewer to play animations, that would really save me a lot of time.

This post has been edited by phale: Aug 23 2014, 11:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 23 2014, 11:22 AM
Post #15

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Whoops! I interpreted your earlier comments as running the animation in BFmeshview. It's too bad because that would make tweaking models for animations a whole lot faster/simpler/easier. uhm.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2017 - 12:46 PM