Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Question about Co-Op Bot Ratios
phale
post Aug 2 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 9,609

Okay so a lot of mods make the number of bots on each team different. This is annoying for me because I want to play on both teams. My question is, how can I change it back to the original 50/50 split? I know about changing the serversettings.con but the mods that I'm using either don't have that file or the all the bot ratio settings are default. Could someone give me step-by-step instructions to making the number of bots on each team the same?

For the record, there's a similar thread here but I want to know exactly how to fix the problem.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 2 2013, 06:09 PM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Easiest way to do it would be to examine the AI files of your default BF2 install then match the mod you want to play to that as by default it's a 50/50 split. If you modified that then I would recommend looking at a mod like BF2ALL64 as it probably has default values in its AI files. I'd be more specific but I'm not on my own PC at the moment.

I know about changing the serversettings.con but the mods that I'm using either don't have that file or the all the bot ratio settings are default.

The serversettings.con is universal as it affects all mods, it's attached to your profile and not specific mods so if you login to play BF2 using a specific profile whatever the settings are for the profile will be reflected in whatever mod you play. Now, the exception to that, is sometimes mods have files that alter that within themselves and require you digging into the mods AI files themselves. Sometimes mods can alter AI files within a map subfolder, so that could require you to go into each map and change those settings (like mentioned in that thread you referenced), just depends on the mod really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Void
post Aug 3 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Otaku

Member No.: 7,463

For mod specific bot ratios:

Look at AIDefault.ai in the mod. For more than 16 bots you will likely see something like the following code:

CODE
aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0

That is just an example, the bot number of bots could be different depending on what mod you are using.

With the AI file set as above, launch your coop server.

In the coop server launch settings, set the bot ratio to 100

Again, in the server launch menu, set the "number of bots" to the number of bots you would like to have on team 1.

The remaining number of bots will be assigned to team 2.

For example, if AIDefault.ai specifies 64 bots as shown above you would set the bot ratio to 100 and the "number of bots" to 32 to have even teams.

It may also be useful to know that you can set the number of players needed to start the round in gamelogicinit.con. it is just one line of code to add at the bottom of that file:

CODE
sv.numPlayersNeededToStart [x]

Where x is the number of required players to start the round.

If you use this method, turn off the auto-balance teams option.

--------------------
Do what you want, just don't do it around me.

All my moddb stuff: http://www.moddb.com/mods/esai-enhanced-st...c-ai/downloads/

+Quote Post
phale
post Aug 3 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #4

Major

Member No.: 9,609

Great, thanks for the help. I ended up just renaming the AiDefault.ai file in the mod, and it's been working so far. If I were to use the above method, could I have 128 bots (64 on each side) playing then?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. I had a fun time with a 96 player match on a 16 player map biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by phale: Aug 3 2013, 03:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SVDP
post Apr 5 2015, 08:57 AM
Post #5

Captain

Member No.: 9,812

QUOTE (Void @ Aug 3 2013, 11:17 AM) *
For mod specific bot ratios:

Look at AIDefault.ai in the mod. For more than 16 bots you will likely see something like the following code:

CODE
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64

That is just an example, the bot number of bots could be different depending on what mod you are using.

With the AI file set as above, launch your coop server.

In the coop server launch settings, set the bot ratio to 100

Again, in the server launch menu, set the "number of bots" to the number of bots you would like to have on team 1.

The remaining number of bots will be assigned to team 2.

For example, if AIDefault.ai specifies 64 bots as shown above you would set the bot ratio to 100 and the "number of bots" to 32 to have even teams.

It may also be useful to know that you can set the number of players needed to start the round in gamelogicinit.con. it is just one line of code to add at the bottom of that file:

CODE
sv.numPlayersNeededToStart [x]

Where x is the number of required players to start the round.

If you use this method, turn off the auto-balance teams option.

Ok..not sure I'm getting this. I've tried numerous times to get the right bots/human co-op mix (for LAN) but it never seems to succeed, even though I tried the AI setings right. It's a real mystery why this is happening, because, as I remember it, the settings I used when I bought it, just 'worked', you know. I mean, you could set the appropriate numbers of bots on the screen before you went into battle, and it just followed what it (I) said there. Ijust don't understand why the mods don't leave that alone. Let the user decide.

Well, anyway, let me ask it this way:

What, exactly, have I to do in the AI setings to play with 4 human players + one bot, against 7 bots?

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Apr 6 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #6

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

The bot ratio formula is a tricky one indeed!

This old guide from the AIX website might be of help!

Blast from the past! (click me)

--------------------

+Quote Post
wonderous
post Apr 7 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #7

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,299

QUOTE (SVDP @ Apr 5 2015, 10:57 PM) *
Ok..not sure I'm getting this. I've tried numerous times to get the right bots/human co-op mix (for LAN) but it never seems to succeed, even though I tried the AI setings right. It's a real mystery why this is happening, because, as I remember it, the settings I used when I bought it, just 'worked', you know. I mean, you could set the appropriate numbers of bots on the screen before you went into battle, and it just followed what it (I) said there. Ijust don't understand why the mods don't leave that alone. Let the user decide. Well, anyway, let me ask it this way: What, exactly, have I to do in the AI setings to play with 4 human players + one bot, against 7 bots?

Pretty simple change the AIDefault file (changes in bold):

rem File generated by Administrator with the Bf2SP64 Bot changer
aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 8

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem EOF

Launch game, and Multiplayer > Create local > Select 'co-op' for the Game mode (even though it's selected by default). Set the following:

Bot ratio 100

Number of bots 1 (this is the number of bots joining the Right Team)

There you should have the 4human+1bot vs. 7 bots in the game.

This post has been edited by wonderous: Apr 7 2015, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
mapbear
post Jan 16 2017, 10:02 AM
Post #8

Private

Member No.: 11,762

I have been looking on this issue
Getting a specified number of bots in a specified level
Its not so useful to edit the 'Master'AI-file -AIdefault.con, and hence influence all maps. so a method to only change settings for a specific map, should exists.
It does.
The key lies in the

CODE

This is a cmd to allow inline code, that will change the global AIdefault.con content, or in ow. override these settings!

CODE

can be added to any init.con

Here i do it in level-setting block

CODE
rem ------------------------------- LevelSettings -------------------------------
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 8

rem-----------------------------

gameLogic.setTeamName 1 "CH"
gameLogic.setTeamName 2 "US"

In my global AIdefault i have specified that i like 60 bots, but with the inline-code above i override the 60 bot rule, and is presented with a game with 8 bots + one human

All aiSettings can be overidden this way.
You could also create files with overrides, and run them as last item in the init.con's first section -eg next to
CODE
run Heightdata.con

You could have
CODE
run OwnAIdata.con

as long as the syntax is valid.

--------------------
Best Regards!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2017 - 04:09 PM