Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Testers needed.
bad_santa12345
post Nov 9 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 8,670

I need some volunteers to test my BF2 mini mod.

The only two features of this mod are ammocount specific reload animations for some weapons (uspis_92fs, usrif_mp5_a3, USRIF_M203, usrif_m24) and depleding ammo belt for uslmg_m249saw It is basically a stripped out version of the mod seen in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN1MjhCN9kE

I need a lot of testers because it uses readprocessmemory function to determine the ammocount and i am not 100% sure that the offsets i use are correct on different PCs

To install the mod extract the archive and copy RFX_demo folder to your "Battlefield 2/mods/" directory.

If you are running BF2 1.41 open RFX_demo/settings.ini in notepad and change "GameVer=1.5" to "GameVer=1.41" Only these two versions are supported.

To run the mod double click on RFX_launcher.exe a balloon message should pop up on the bottom right of your screen and BF2.exe should be started.

After running the mod, whether it works or not, please send me the log file from "mods/RFX_demo/Logs/RFX_Log XX-XX-XXXX XX-XX-XX.txt"

DOWNLOAD LINKS
Newest version only supports BF2 1.5:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52873126/RFX_Demo/...mo_26112012.rar

Old version for 1.41 users:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52873126/RFX_Demo/...mo_11112012.rar

This post has been edited by bad_santa12345: Nov 26 2012, 03:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Start new topic
Replies (30 - 44)
mofty
post Nov 24 2012, 04:16 AM
Post #31

Enlisted

Member No.: 1,143

Sounds great. By all means take your time. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Nov 24 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #32

BF2/2142 modder

Member No.: 8,214

QUOTE (bad_santa12345 @ Nov 11 2012, 03:52 PM) *
What was wrong with the M249? From the log i can see that atleast the animation triggering worked fine. Note that for the m249 there is only one reload animation which is used for all ammocounts. (i'm not that great animator + i'm lazy, so i didn't make different reload variations)

M249 not worked for me too. Other features works perfect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bad_santa12345
post Nov 25 2012, 06:19 AM
Post #33

Captain

QUOTE (ProfKiller336 @ Nov 24 2012, 05:39 PM) *
M249 not worked for me too. Other features works perfect.

What was wrong with it? Please post the log file so i can see where the problem is.

This post has been edited by bad_santa12345: Nov 25 2012, 06:20 AM

+Quote Post
mofty
post Nov 25 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #34

Enlisted

Perhaps you could also add a "1 round left - fire animation"?

At the moment I presume you are "injecting" when there are no rounds left in the mag? ... I noticed some times the slide locking back would still finish the standard "last round fired" animation (slide forwards) and then the slide would "rubber band" back into "locked" (when your program "injects")...

I made a personal version of this using PR's script system, though I had to lower the weapon ROF in order for it to "catch".. (it worked well - aside from the ROF issue)

Basically the "1 round left" fire animation would not have the slide reciprocate, but rather lock back...
(have your system watch for "1 round left", and when it sees it, inject the non reciprocating fire animation.. & leave the rest of your system "as is"..)

-----

though actually after looking again, the "rubber banding" issue is very slight. Its really up to you in the end!

This post has been edited by mofty: Nov 25 2012, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post
bad_santa12345
post Nov 26 2012, 01:13 AM
Post #35

Captain

QUOTE (mofty @ Nov 26 2012, 02:06 AM) *
Perhaps you could also add a "1 round left - fire animation"?

At the moment I presume you are "injecting" when there are no rounds left in the mag? ... I noticed some times the slide locking back would still finish the standard "last round fired" animation (slide forwards) and then the slide would "rubber band" back into "locked" (when your program "injects")...

I made a personal version of this using PR's script system, though I had to lower the weapon ROF in order for it to "catch".. (it worked well - aside from the ROF issue)

Basically the "1 round left" fire animation would not have the slide reciprocate, but rather lock back...
(have your system watch for "1 round left", and when it sees it, inject the non reciprocating fire animation.. & leave the rest of your system "as is"..)

-----

though actually after looking again, the "rubber banding" issue is very slight. Its really up to you in the end!
I made everything as moddable as i could. This can be achieved just by editing the WeaponProperties.ini file and animationSystem1p.inc on the current release version.

From this:
CODE
[uspis_92fs]
SpecialAnimationTriggerAmmoCount 0

to this:
CODE
[uspis_92fs]
SpecialAnimationTriggerAmmoCount 1

This makes it trigger bundles: fire_1 stand_1 etc. when ammocount reaches 1 and fire_0, stand_0 when ammo count is 0. In the animationSystem file you have to create the bundles for ammo count 1 Just duplicate and rename the normal bundles except for the fire bundle you have to create and rename the actual animation too.

My latest test build has an ammocount offset value which can be coded for specific animationBundle so coding this is a lot easier (you only have to create the fire_1 bundle and animation).

+Quote Post
bad_santa12345
post Nov 26 2012, 01:33 AM
Post #36

Captain

@mofty
I just noticed that the problem is not the fire animation but it is the blending to the still animation. The actual fire animation doesn't move the slide at all. It is still blending to the regular animation when it should blend to the ones with _0. This is because of poor performance not an actual bug and is not a problem in the latest test build because of the great performance update.

+Quote Post
mofty
post Nov 26 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #37

Enlisted

ah I get it.. thanks.

This post has been edited by mofty: Nov 26 2012, 02:25 AM

+Quote Post
bad_santa12345
post Nov 26 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #38

Captain

New version uploaded. Link is on the first post.

Features:
-BF2 style .con parser + new ObjectTemlate commands
-Mounting .zip archives
-Ability to add different reload times for Dry/nondry reloads
-Improved performance.
-Hit direction indicator relative to player angle
-PR style compass marker
-Weapon hudName and templateName no longer have to be equal
-Fake Fullscreen support
-Lots of small tweaks and bug fixes

This post has been edited by bad_santa12345: Nov 26 2012, 04:20 AM

+Quote Post
mofty
post Nov 26 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #39

Enlisted

had a quick play, everything seems to be working well.. Are you still after testers?

only thing I noticed - in fake full screen mode, my terrain is solid grey/brown..

(this does not happen for me using either bf2.exe or bf2_r.exe)

I am on win 8 64bit, 680 GTX = driver:306.97..

This post has been edited by mofty: Nov 26 2012, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
bad_santa12345
post Nov 26 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #40

Captain

QUOTE (mofty @ Nov 27 2012, 12:32 AM) *
had a quick play, everything seems to be working well.. Are you still after testers? only thing I noticed - in fake full screen mode, my terrain is solid grey/brown.. (this does not happen for me using either bf2.exe or bf2_r.exe) I am on win 8 64bit, 680 GTX = driver:306.97..
This is sort of a public alpha test so by downloading it you are a tester wink.gif Would be nice if you could send me the log file from "RFX_demo/logs/RFX_log..." I could read what kind of performance RFX has on your PC.

The fakeFullScreen is only an experimental feature and if it doesn't work my advice is not to use it. I have only tested it on ATI hardware. Disabling AA might or might not help with the terrain issue.

+Quote Post
mofty
post Nov 26 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #41

Enlisted

here ya go..
Attached File  RFX_Log_11_27_2012_01_45_02.txt ( 16.88K ) Number of downloads: 6

(disabling AA had no effect)

This post has been edited by mofty: Nov 26 2012, 05:12 PM

+Quote Post
bad_santa12345
post Dec 7 2012, 06:50 AM
Post #42

Captain

Sneak peak at the next version (Not released yet). Features a customization system that includes a kit generator which handles all the code/hud stuff for you. You just have to define which items you want each kit to have. This is still an early WIP.

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Dec 7 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #43

Peace Officer
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

HOLY. SNAP.

jawdrop.gif

This changes everything.... EVERYTHING.

I really really really hope this works, I have hundreds of weapons collected and this would blow the LAN party guys out of the water for this kind of personalization. Total kit customization... awesome... awesome. I notice the two boxes below the primary and secondary choices, for choosing misc kit items like claymores etc?

I know this might sound like overkill, but any way the amount of gun choices per kit could be expanded (both primary and secondary) to at least 10 (each)? Like said I have a lot of weapons ingame, list is growing, and I love variety. I currently use the unlocker app for BF2 ver 1.41, but this is definitely something far more flexible/promising. cool.gif

Can this be used in conjunction with other mods? Like AIX 2?

--------------------
The weary patient told the doctor "Doc, I feel like I'm folding like a deck of cards." Doctor replies "Go to the waiting room. I'll deal with you later."
Past failures are guideposts for future success---unknown

My skins, sounds, and camos downloads

+Quote Post
bad_santa12345
post Dec 7 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #44

Captain

The only thing limiting the ammount of weapons per kit slot is the number of buttons you can fit on the screen biggrin.gif But keep in mind that for example a kit with 10 items for each slot will require 10^6=one million kits. Lucily 10 items per slot is not a very realistic scenario. You could easily do like 20 primary weapons if you would then limit the number of other items.

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Dec 7 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #45

Peace Officer
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (bad_santa12345 @ Dec 7 2012, 07:47 PM) *
The only thing limiting the ammount of weapons per kit slot is the number of buttons you can fit on the screen biggrin.gif But keep in mind that for example a kit with 10 items for each slot will require 10^6=one million kits. Lucily 10 items per slot is not a very realistic scenario. You could easily do like 20 primary weapons if you would then limit the number of other items.

Ah, so I take it that this works in similar fashion to the Wookie Sniper mod, where each kit combination has to be written out individually. Woof, that'd be a lot of work.

My previously mentioned plan of using dpall unlocks after I get the bulk of my weapons installed (large backlog) I planned on editing the unlock containers to allow up to 10 primary weapons to choose for each class (with a few secondaries changing in accordance with whatever primary is selected). Just a few simple lines of code to edit and I'm good.

Was hoping a similar system was involved here. Nevertheless, this is pretty epic stuff. nod.gif

with 10 items for each slot

Wait. I was only referring to the primary and secondary weapons having a choice of 10 weapons each (item index 2 and 3), not each kit item slot.

--------------------
The weary patient told the doctor "Doc, I feel like I'm folding like a deck of cards." Doctor replies "Go to the waiting room. I'll deal with you later."
Past failures are guideposts for future success---unknown

My skins, sounds, and camos downloads

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:19 PM