Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

aix 2.0 maps load ctd, some crash at end of 'objects' loading
Radonator
post Jun 29 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 2,042

I was playing AIX 2.0, and some core maps CTD at the end of 'objects' when loading.
those are : ARCHIPELAGO, GREASY MULLET, HAMMER DOWN, OPERATION STATIC, RUNNING MAN.
Others load an run fine like Refinery, Wake 2007, and Falklands. I cant find what objects are causing this, any ideas?

EDIT: heres the error from Hammer Down 64 typed out-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X Debug assertion failed
version 1.1.2965-797.0 build date 2007-4-28 12:46
module: Base
D:\Aphrodite\bf2_1.4\code\bf2\game\objects\base\bundle template
cpp
line: 213
text: AIX MH53J_leftgunner addbundle childs () template not found:aix_mk19
current confile
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean the mh53's left gunners seat (bundle) is missing?, and the aix_mk19 is a bomb right?

-Replacing the MH53 with the uh60 fixed Greasy Mullet an Hammer Down..for now.

Archipelago, Operation Static and Running Man CTD at objects with no error.
I noticed in Op Static AI folder had a strategies.ai written by FFolkes along with the strategicareas.ai. is that right?

This post has been edited by Radonator: Jun 30 2012, 12:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
imtheheadhunter
post Jun 30 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #2

Debug assertion failed! Text:people == stupid!
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 1,609

Try a reinstall, sounds like something went wrong and not all files were installed. The mk19 is a grenade launcher.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radonator
post Jun 30 2012, 01:52 AM
Post #3

Captain

QUOTE (imtheheadhunter @ Jun 30 2012, 02:14 AM) *
Try a reinstall, sounds like something went wrong and not all files were installed. The mk19 is a grenade launcher.

I downloaded the core client for 2.0. fixed some maps, I had messed with kits. Op Static and Running Man still crash!,
I see on fileplanet your map packs 2 and 3 but it doesnt say if theyre for AIX or AIX 2.0.

I put brand new fresh downloaded Op Static and running man in levels and both still crash at objects with new client files also. i dont get it

This post has been edited by Radonator: Jun 30 2012, 03:11 AM

+Quote Post
Kanuc
post Jun 30 2012, 05:34 AM
Post #4

Major

Member No.: 7,308

If you have messed with the kits,thats probably why the game crashes. AIX2 has a complicated kit system,not only does it have double files for each kit, the US and UN kits are Sharing same weapons as well a the Mec and CH Share some.My advice is (Leave) stock weapons alone except to mod bullet count, Mag size and scope sight. 1 Backup file. 2 Only Change 0ne weapon at a time and (Then) play the game as UN and US side.Dont try to interchange stock AIX weapons example #3 guns ie (USRIF_M4)with pistols ie (aix_beretta or aix_kimber).Import new gun from another BF2 mod.There are new weapons already made to show you the basics of importing Weapons to Aix2. SATNAV made the (VectorV2) machine pistol. (evidesmcpack guns )has about 10 new weapons.Once you have the basics then you can go crazy.Remember these words ( 1 Backup file.) ( 2 Only change 0ne weapon at a time and (Then) play.)

This post has been edited by Kanuc: Jun 30 2012, 05:38 AM

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Jun 30 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #5

General

Member No.: 7,896

yeah sometimes when bf2 has a major error it will incorrectly state a previous hickup to be the error. It probably is a kit related issue like kanuc said.

+Quote Post
Radonator
post Jun 30 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #6

Captain

I had to replace the base BF2 objects_server, and _client to get it all to work.
First I had replaced AIX2's objects server an client, that fixed some maps not all though.
Ya I messed with kits in both BF2 and AIX2...donno what but something I did in there. well, I got all new AIX2 install now! and it just overwrote the maps in levels folder, so I still have all my downloaded maps and TNG maps

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Jun 30 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #7

General

NO! You should never mess with the /mods/bf2 files! ever
if you want everything to stop working do that, if you want to mod bf2 vanilla, make a mod in a seperate folder that uses the dependancies of bf2.

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Jun 30 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #8

Debug assertion failed! Text:people == stupid!
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 1,609

QUOTE (Radonator @ Jun 30 2012, 03:52 AM) *
I see on fileplanet your map packs 2 and 3 but it doesnt say if theyre for AIX or AIX 2.0.

Those are AIX1. The AIX2 map pack says AIX2 in its name. DO NOT install my AIX1 maps to AIX2. Just don't, its pointless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radonator
post Jun 30 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #9

Captain

QUOTE (bobthedinosaur @ Jun 30 2012, 01:01 PM) *
NO! You should never mess with the /mods/bf2 files! ever
if you want everything to stop working do that, if you want to mod bf2 vanilla, make a mod in a seperate folder that uses the dependancies of bf2.

Thats what this install of BF2/AIX is for-modding, I have several BF2 installs with all kinds of mods- Botmod, BoosterSP, PR, TNG, NAW, FH2...alot, I still have the original aintent and play that too.
Added Clive's phantom, F14, Mig21, Mosquito, Scout ultralights, the dirtbike...I have a virgin install too-backup, with SF, patched to 1.41 on another drive, so I fixed it from that install-think Ill stay away from modding the EU kits though.
I edit the maps, edit all the kits, weps, vehicles, ammo, flares, etc.
I even got AREA 51 working in SP. an I made the Mk14ebr full auto with the famas sounds.
didnt know I screwed up a couple AIX2 maps cause I didnt play them often-everything was working that I had been playing. all seems to work now, Im already back in there changing stuff-lol blink.gif

+Quote Post
Radonator
post Jun 30 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #10

Captain

QUOTE (imtheheadhunter @ Jun 30 2012, 01:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Radonator @ Jun 30 2012, 03:52 AM) *

Those are AIX1. The AIX2 map pack says AIX2 in its name. DO NOT install my AIX1 maps to AIX2. Just don't, its pointless.

OK thanks, I think I had some maps mixed up between AIX1 and 2.0. Not everyplace you can get maps makes it clear what mod its made for, may just say BF2 map..you have to d/l it an look thru it, figure it out.
all the core maps an d/l maps an mods seem to be working now, Running Man, an Op Static too, that took replacement of my modded objects_server in BF2..oops, think it was the Eu kits or something, anyways replacing that fixed it finally and I also re-d/l'd and installed AIX2 and the core maps.

Thanks all for the help-

+Quote Post
Radonator
post Jun 30 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #11

Captain

well I know what I did. I read somewhere here to replace kit weapons with another change the itemIndex # in the tweak file, so I made the remington shotgun for the US #2 instead of the pistol which gave the engineer, medic and support the shotgun instead of pistol.
BUT I didnt change it in kits for the EU team-they use the 92fs beretta also- THAT was why maps were crashing on load that had EU teams! duh me!

+Quote Post
Kanuc
post Jun 30 2012, 05:42 PM
Post #12

Major

Member No.: 7,308

That isnt the half of it. The remington is also a pickup kit in several maps. So if you pick that map it will CTD.Use this link hxxp://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t16726.html (Replace hxxp with http). Get his bonus weaponspack.There is a moded remington in it,you can use.

This post has been edited by Kanuc: Jun 30 2012, 05:52 PM

+Quote Post
Radonator
post Jun 30 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #13

Captain

yep, just tested it -changed bf2 kit remington shotgun to itemindex 2, and the two AIX2.0 maps that use EU forces crashed at objects-Running Man, and Op Static.
So that was it. Took it out an they run fine.
lesson LERNT-dont mess with kits in AIX 2, i already kinda knew this an didnt, I knew you couldnt change weps in the second kit with -inf after it, but could change the standard plain kit main rifle, G/L, C4, mines an some things.
Thanks you knew it was kits right away-, Ill check out the weaponpack-thanks!

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Jun 30 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #14

General

Its fine to mess with them just be expected to track down and change a lot of things just for a little bit of a kit change. I use excel sheets to keep track of kit/ weapon information. something to organize your kit layout would help you a lot.

This post has been edited by bobthedinosaur: Jun 30 2012, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
Radonator
post Jul 1 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #15

Captain

AIX1 and other mods seem to have no problem with BF2 kit mods, so simplest thing to do-I moved AIX2 to its own BF2 install and have it be the only mod in that mod folder (besides SF), so there wont be any conflicts of kits.
AIX2 is so great Im willing to give it its own BF2 install an not mess with the kits in the BF2 it runs off of.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 08:18 PM