Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

BFPirates 2 - Request for Info
Sonar
post Mar 1 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 8,970

Hello guys, I've just registered but I've followed (and appreciated) updates regarding BF2 and BF2142 mods for years.

Especially SP mods made by Dnamro that allowed me to organize great BF Lan parties.

The pirates mod looks very interesting, I've downloaded and Installed the latest version (2.1) taken from ModDB, if I'm not wrong the SP Mod has been included in this version.

It's quite funny to play in SinglePlayer but whenever I try to start a local Coop Server it crashes.
I'm not a modder but it's not the first time that I play with BF2 files like maps and AI, and I fail to understand why it happens, single and coop modes are very similar after all.

I tried to visit their official site for informations but I can't access it due to that mass IP banning problem they have.
It also looks like the Mod developement has reached its end and they are quite unreachable.

Can you tell me more? Is there a way to play BFP2 in Coop mode?
Is there an un-official patch or a new version of the SP mod that could solve these problems?

Thanks for the attention smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Dnamro
post Mar 1 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #2

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

I see catbox and some other devs posting at the BF2editor forums - so that is a good place to get help getting access to the pirates site. I haven't checked out the mod since the team integrated the AI into their mod. If a map works in SP, but not coop, then the coop files were not set up properly. It's not that hard to copy over the sp files into the coop game mode.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
Sonar
post Mar 2 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #3

Private

Every map crashed in Coop so I have fear they have not been set up at all.

Good idea, I'll try to copy the files, let's hope it's not a problem of the Mod then smile.gif
Thanks for the tips!

+Quote Post
Sonar
post Mar 5 2012, 05:08 AM
Post #4

Private

I did many attempts but it looks like the Coop mode in the last BFPirates 2 version is completely unstable.

I tried to use the SP game mode files for the Coop mode but it didn't work, I also tried to use the old maps taken from the SP Mod with no luck.
I have fear that without a real fix from the developers I won't go far.

Would you mind checking it when you have the time please?
Because if that's the problem I will just stop looking for a solution.
Thanks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 11:10 PM