IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HOW TO: HOST A DEDICATED SERVER WITH UNLOCK AND STAT SYSTEM, This is what worked for me,hope this helps! CO-OP/bots/MP/LAN
outlawbiker
post Nov 8 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 7,691

first i would like to thank everyone at this forum for help as well as the creators of the stat system.

this is my very first tutorial,so please bare with me. i did all this on windows 7 ultimate x64, so i would think it is backwards compatable as well smile.gif
i am using bf2 1.5 patched. we will cover using the plain unmodded version of BF2.

you will need XAMMP 1.7.3 from here http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
BF2 1.5 dedicated server from here http://www.bf-games.net/download/953/bf2_d..._3153_802_0.htm
the files for the stat system http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/fil...erankingsys.zip

this part is based off the tutorial here http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...st=0#entry84384 with a few changes.

1: unzip XAMPP and place it in your C:\ drive so it looks like this C:\xammp. install it by running the setup_xampp.bat,carefully follow the prompts not to mess up installation. make sure you are giving permissons and firewall settings for it as it installs! after its done,run xampp-control,in this GUI youre going to first start Apache and wait for it to say running,then start MySql.

now click the admin button by Apache, your internet browser should pop up,if not type 127.0.0.1 or localhost into your http bar of your browser,(tested on firefox currently) here is where im going to steal abit of what wurzelsepp gives in his tutorial to save time and make this easier.

Click on phpmyAdmin, which you can find under the tool bar at the left side.
Type in "bf2stats" into the "create new database" field (left to collation) and create the database by clicking onto the "create" button
Now click on server:localhost, which is at the top of the page:
You should now be at the main site.
Click on "privileges" and "add new user
Now type in following dates:
user name: "bf2statslogger" <-------- note: here you can also use another username and password, but remember it, for the further steps
password: "bf2"
(without "")
then click on "check all" and finally on the "ok" button:
-> close all windows

note: i would strongly recomend going to his tutorial and seeing the pics he posted in his guide.

2: install battlefield 2 dedicated server 1.5 it should created a new folder in C:/program files/EA Games
copy the python folder from the bf2privaterankingsys.zip over to the dedicated server, overwrite the old ones!
Then copy the "asp" folder from the zip over to c:/xampp/htdocs folder (make sure XAMPP is not running at this point or it will not load the files you are moving)
the start XAMPP control again, start Apache then MySql,Again, open your explorer and type in the addressbar 127.0.0.1/asp.
you see the two boxes, here you type in following informations:
username: admin
password: password
type in following informations:
server: localhost
database: bf2stats
username: bf2statslogger
password: bf2

Mark the confirm process box and click on process.
dont worry about the errors,if they are the same as his,then its all good!

Now click on "upgrade DB", which can be found in the right bar:

Check the informations of the upgrade database form and correct it if necessary

I always got 10 errors.

Click again on "install DB" and after that on "test config":

NOTE: once again i would follow the guide covering excatly what i discuss here as a refrence to assure your doing it right by seeing the pics, here is the link again just in case..... http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...st=0#entry84384

3: we need to create a redirect for the stats now, open up notepad and type this in to it

127.0.0.1 BF2web.gamespy.com
save the file as hosts.ics then place it into
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

4: copy the rest of the contents from bf2privaterankingsys.zip and dump them into your dedicated server folder. make sure XAMPP control is now running Apache and MySql. we are almost there! hang on just a little bit longer!
go to Battlefield 2 Server/mods/bf2/settings and open up seversettings.con with notepad and apply these settings and save

sv.serverName "YOUR SERVER NAME HERE"
sv.password ""
sv.internet 1
sv.serverIP "YOUR SERVER IP"
sv.serverPort 16567
sv.welcomeMessage "stats,ranks,and unlocks work!"
sv.punkBuster 0
sv.allowFreeCam 0
sv.allowExternalViews 1
sv.allowNoseCam 1
sv.hitIndicator 1
sv.maxPlayers 64
sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 0
sv.notEnoughPlayersRestartDelay 15
sv.startDelay 15
sv.endDelay 15
sv.spawnTime 5
sv.manDownTime 5
sv.endOfRoundDelay 15
sv.ticketRatio 300
sv.roundsPerMap 1
sv.timeLimit 0
sv.scoreLimit 0
sv.soldierFriendlyFire 0
sv.vehicleFriendlyFire 0
sv.soldierSplashFriendlyFire 0
sv.vehicleSplashFriendlyFire 0
sv.tkPunishEnabled 1
sv.tkNumPunishToKick 3
sv.tkPunishByDefault 0
sv.votingEnabled 1
sv.voteTime 90
sv.minPlayersForVoting 2
sv.teamVoteOnly 1
sv.gameSpyPort 29900
sv.allowNATNegotiation 0
sv.interfaceIP ""
sv.autoRecord 0
sv.demoIndexURL http://
sv.demoDownloadURL http://
sv.autoDemoHook "adminutils/demo/rotate_demo.exe"
sv.demoQuality 10
sv.adminScript "default"
sv.timeBeforeRestartMap 20
sv.autoBalanceTeam 0
sv.teamRatioPercent 50
sv.coopBotRatio 50
sv.coopBotCount 64
sv.coopBotDifficulty 10
sv.voipEnabled 1
sv.voipQuality 3
sv.voipServerRemote 0
sv.voipServerRemoteIP ""
sv.voipServerPort 55125
sv.voipBFClientPort 55123
sv.voipBFServerPort 55124
sv.voipSharedPassword ""
sv.useGlobalRank 1
sv.useGlobalUnlocks 1
sv.sponsorText ""
sv.sponsorLogoURL ""
sv.communityLogoURL ""
sv.radioSpamInterval 6
sv.radioMaxSpamFlagCount 6
sv.radioBlockedDurationTime 30
sv.friendlyFireWithMines 0

SAVE IT! now go and start the normal dedicated launcher in the server folder,try not messing with the settings that are defualted,go to maps and select bf2 from the drop down and pick what maps you want and hit start!

now start up your bf2 game go to local and find your server,join, invite and enjoy!.... stats will be saved to your PC that you are running XAMPP on. your friends who join will also have their stats savef on your PC as well.

i hope this helps and i may edit this later on when i have more time to make it more clear,but this is just to get us all thru for the time being. thanks again everyone!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
outlawbiker
post Nov 8 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Private

this also works on eve of destuction and AIX 2.0 as i just tested both of them now, and your stats,ranks, and unlocks carry over to all the mods and vanilla bf2! all you need is your mod server files and put them in to your dedicaded server folder under mods, then start your launcher,go to maplist,select you mod, and choose what maps you want to host and start your server.

im having a blast with this now, allready got 2 unlocks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Nov 8 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #3

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

Great to hear you got everything working. Congrats. bigthumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Ti_GER arn354
post Nov 8 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #4

Major

Member No.: 3,952

this also works on eve of destuction and AIX 2.0 as i just tested both of them now, and your stats,ranks, and unlocks carry over to all the mods and vanilla bf2!

You will recognize - if you play longer - that the stats are not tracked properly for other mods then bf2 and xpack.
You are missing the correct declaration of the objects (armies, kits, weapons, vehicles, etc) in python/bf2/stats/constants.py and the modification of the ASP (e.g. bf2statistics.php and database) to fully work with AIX2 for example.

+Quote Post
Virus_ac
post Nov 9 2010, 03:15 AM
Post #5

Enlisted

Member No.: 7,663

Great job outlawbiker, I did not download the BF2 1.5 dedicated server originally =S (Embarrassed) Doing it now. >HATES WIRELESS

--------------------

+Quote Post
outlawbiker
post Nov 9 2010, 05:04 AM
Post #6

Private

QUOTE (Ti_GER arn354 @ Nov 8 2010, 11:51 PM) *
this also works on eve of destuction and AIX 2.0 as i just tested both of them now, and your stats,ranks, and unlocks carry over to all the mods and vanilla bf2!

You will recognize - if you play longer - that the stats are not tracked properly for other mods then bf2 and xpack.
You are missing the correct declaration of the objects (armies, kits, weapons, vehicles, etc) in python/bf2/stats/constants.py and the modification of the ASP (e.g. bf2statistics.php and database) to fully work with AIX2 for example.

yes, i think your right. im by no means an expert on this, i am just an entry level modder, i took weeks (almost months) of research on everything bf2 and AIX i could come up with by myself and compress it into what i have shown here,its not the greatest looking thing in the world i know,but it does work on a basic enough level that someone else maybe be able to clean it up and get it to work properly. obviously with other mods like eve of destruction i am coming across unlock problems, because they dont have a sniper class,a unlock used in bf2 for sniper class,cant carry over to eve of desturction, im sure if you could find the python file and some heavy changes renaming the missing class back to sniper it may work??? but i dont know.

also i should point out, the MP side of this isnt excatly worked out yet.... yes,i have tracked stats from people who have joined my server so far,but i think they told me BFHQ isnt showing their stats or unlocks, even tho in game they are reciving medals and ranks. im perrty sure that has to do with redirecting their PC from gamespy, to my server. was thinking of having clients that wish to join use BF2SPCC MP to join, i just dont know what to tell them to input for ASP and game server IP at the moment, i know this maybe common sence for others,but i dont know this yet.

QUOTE (Virus_ac @ Nov 9 2010, 04:15 AM) *
Great job outlawbiker, I did not download the BF2 1.5 dedicated server originally =S (Embarrassed) Doing it now. >HATES WIRELESS

your welcome, i just wish some one else had beat me to the punch on this. your more intrested in the SP side of this and curently with my info here this will work out well for you in bf2 so far from what i have tested. i created this because i had friends and family that wanted to make stats and earn unlocks on a privated tracked system of our own. let me know how this works out for you!

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Nov 9 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #7

NOM NOM NOM
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Thank you outlawbiker for filling this hole in our hosted tutorials. I'm sure it will be utilized by many members of the community. smile.gif

--------------------
If you're camping in a pasture field, don't get poop on your pillow. -----MasterChiefRulZ

My skins, sounds, and camos downloads

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Nov 9 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #8

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

QUOTE (outlawbiker @ Nov 9 2010, 06:04 AM) *
.... yes,i have tracked stats from people who have joined my server so far,but i think they told me BFHQ isnt showing their stats or unlocks, even tho in game they are reciving medals and ranks. im perrty sure that has to do with redirecting their PC from gamespy, to my server. was thinking of having clients that wish to join use BF2SPCC MP to join, i just dont know what to tell them to input for ASP and game server IP at the moment, i know this maybe common sence for others,but i dont know this yet.

I think that this is a common problem. I remember that on some servers, that had stats and ranks, they also advertised a webpage, where you could go and see your stats from their server.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Ti_GER arn354
post Nov 9 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #9

Major

also i should point out, the MP side of this isnt excatly worked out yet.... yes,i have tracked stats from people who have joined my server so far,but i think they told me BFHQ isnt showing their stats or unlocks, even tho in game they are reciving medals and ranks. im perrty sure that has to do with redirecting their PC from gamespy, to my server. was thinking of having clients that wish to join use BF2SPCC MP to join, i just dont know what to tell them to input for ASP and game server IP at the moment, i know this maybe common sence for others,but i dont know this yet.

Re: struggling to host a server,please help

ASP-Adress is your external/public ip (wan-ip, worldareanetwork-ip, e.g. 62.117.89.25), port 80 has to be forwarded from your router to the internal/local ip (e.g. 192.168.0.10) of your server.
Clients have to redirect bf2web.gamespy.com to your external/public ip (e.g. 62.117.89.25). Then they are able to view stats in BF2HQ and to properly retrieve and unlock unlocks.

This post has been edited by Ti_GER arn354: Nov 9 2010, 10:54 AM

+Quote Post
outlawbiker
post Nov 9 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #10

Private

QUOTE (Ti_GER arn354 @ Nov 9 2010, 11:53 AM) *

Re: struggling to host a server,please help

ASP-Adress is your external/public ip (wan-ip, worldareanetwork-ip, e.g. 62.117.89.25), port 80 has to be forwarded from your router to the internal/local ip (e.g. 192.168.0.10) of your server.
Clients have to redirect bf2web.gamespy.com to your external/public ip (e.g. 62.117.89.25). Then they are able to view stats in BF2HQ and to properly retrieve and unlock unlocks.

thanks alot! thats awesome! your help is greatly appreciated.

+Quote Post
outlawbiker
post Nov 10 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #11

Private

ok, i cant figgure out how to get my family to redirect to my server, i had them try and use BF2SPCC MP tab and add host, as recomended by Ti_GER. how ever both people are getting an error when trying to use BF2SPCC now... i couldnt explain what the error is cause they didnt not send it to me. is there another way to have the clients redirect? maybe by having them moddify the hosts.ics file? or something else im missing? once again any help is appreciated. maybe a small tutorial here about geting clients to redirect to an example server like my own so they can retrive info and unlocks in BFHQ?

+Quote Post
Ti_GER arn354
post Nov 11 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #12

Major

QUOTE (outlawbiker @ Nov 10 2010, 11:46 PM) *
ok, i cant figgure out how to get my family to redirect to my server, i had them try and use BF2SPCC MP tab and add host, as recomended by Ti_GER. how ever both people are getting an error when trying to use BF2SPCC now... i couldnt explain what the error is cause they didnt not send it to me. is there another way to have the clients redirect? maybe by having them moddify the hosts.ics file? or something else im missing? once again any help is appreciated. maybe a small tutorial here about geting clients to redirect to an example server like my own so they can retrive info and unlocks in BFHQ?

All in the above link to the post @ aixtended.com\forums . I attached a pdf to download which explains ways to apply a working redirect for different operating systems.

+Quote Post
outlawbiker
post Nov 11 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #13

Private

we have tried to create the hosts file for 2 people now and when they ping it 4 packets are send but none recived , im using my IP adress 69.xxx.xxx.xxx . no one wants to try the treewalk method, however if there is anyone here that would be willing to please let me know and we can schudle a time that works for both of us to see if we can get this to work

+Quote Post
Ti_GER arn354
post Nov 11 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #14

Major

QUOTE (outlawbiker @ Nov 12 2010, 02:44 AM) *
we have tried to create the hosts file for 2 people now and when they ping it 4 packets are send but none recived , im using my IP adress 69.xxx.xxx.xxx . no one wants to try the treewalk method, however if there is anyone here that would be willing to please let me know and we can schudle a time that works for both of us to see if we can get this to work

The request is probably blocked by the firewall of your server or your router.
Are you directly connected to the internet or are you using some sort of routing device?

+Quote Post
outlawbiker
post Nov 12 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #15

Private

i do have a linksys WRT610n router,my PC is at 192.168.1.100 if that helps, i have port forwarded ports 80 and 16567 on it. i have used a port checking tool and it says they are open and working fine. i use the dedicated server launcher, my 2 friends have to type in my IP address to connect tho because the server doesnt show up in the list. once they are in game everything works except unlocks and BFHQ for them, for me it works fine.

its not that im giving up on this, its my friends right now that are getting fustrated and loosing attention towards getting this to work. im trying to keep encouraging them to stay involved with this, but they feel like its to much work to do on their side to connect properly to my server. in all reality i keep reminding them of how much more work i have had to do just to get this up and running on my side. hopefully we can find a fix for this before everyone looses intrest.

This post has been edited by outlawbiker: Nov 12 2010, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:47 PM