IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

"Borrowing" weapons,..., ....the condensed version of that thread
imtheheadhunter
post Jun 9 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #1

Debug assertion failed! Text:people == stupid!
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 1,609

There are some pretty awesome mods with custom weapons out now
is there a way to use them in my custom singleplayer?

Yes! you can port any weapon, or vehicle, from any mod, to any mod. You basically start by copying the weapons(or vehicles) files from the mod's .zip files, and putting them into your .zip files in your mod. Then edit your kits to give you the weapon, or edit the map's gameplayobjects.con to use the vehicle.

A few things to note....

The HUD. Often people have problems with the game not wanting to use the custom HUD pics. To fix this, you must either rename the .tga file to .DDS, or better yet, resave the .tga file as an "ARGB 8.8.8.8 with no mipmaps".DDS file. Then your HUD files should work now.

Some times, people have problems finding all the textures that the object wants to use, or possibly just want to move all the texture files to one quick/easy to find place. To quickly solve this problem, you'll need to download the shaderwrapper tool, here. Once you've got it, run the shaderwrapper, click on the get mesh button, open your bundledmesh file, and now you can see the paths to all the textures, and edit them if you want. Don't forget to click the "set mesh" button to save if you edited anything. wink.gif

Remember, windowed mode and if you have the editor installed, debug mode, are your friends! Use them if there is a CTD problem.

what about creating an AI file for the weapon? What if I want to transfer the G-36 from OPK to BF2? OPK has NO AI files.

Then just edit, or copy from an existing weapon/vehicle , the "ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate ....." line to the weapon, or vehicle. If you don't know where this line should go, look at an existing weapon/vehicle that has AI. It is better to clone the AI files from an existing weapon/vehicle, and have your new weapon/vehicle point to your new AI files. But it isn't absolutely necessary.

the selection pics, uhh where are they?

which file do i change that in, is there more then one line i will need to change?

Where they are is often different for each weapon/vehicle, but usually they are somewhere in the menu_client.zip/HUD/texture/Ingame/Weapons/Icons/Hud/... folder.

Look in the weapon/vehicle's .tweak file, and you'll see the lines,

ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.weaponIcon (texture path).tga
ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.altWeaponIcon (texture path).tga
ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.selectIcon (texture path).tga

You can use them to find the textures quicker, or edit where they are.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Potchara
post Sep 24 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 9,644

Dear imtheheadhunter,
I have try to port a F-22 from POE2 to AIX2, using add on methods,
By mounting them through the clientarchive and serverarchieve,
Could you please take a look in the zip file I attache,
I have no idea why it's always CTD every time I load a map,

Thanks,

Potchara,

Attached File(s)
Attached File  usair_f22.zip ( 3.21MB ) Number of downloads: 10

+Quote Post
Kanuc
post Sep 25 2013, 05:45 AM
Post #3

Major

Member No.: 7,308

Well first off thats not the Mod you got the usair_f22 from.at least its not in my version (i have the lastest one).
Secondly its missing a bunch of texture files and sound files.
Third You stuck a bunch of Effect files in here that you dont need and in the wrong place,and are copys of Original ones so the game will never start.
(Find out where ya got this thing from).
You dont need to give the Arcives big long names, put them in 2 Zip Files and simply call them ( Objects_server Menu_client ) makes it easier to load and less likely to screw up.

This post has been edited by Kanuc: Sep 25 2013, 05:46 AM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Sep 25 2013, 07:23 AM
Post #4

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

I have no idea why it's always CTD every time I load a map,

Using windowed mode for installing new content is a huge help as well, when a crash occurs (most of the time) it will inform you of what's missing/caused the crash so you can isolate and correct.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kanuc
post Sep 25 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Major

Member No.: 7,308

You dont want to try to port this POE Vehicle into AIX2.I have lots of porting experience and this (POS) AirPlane is a real nasty to port.I wasted 2 hours getting this to work,and all it has is Cannon and Aim120 missiles. It dosent even fly well and the Hud is not working.You would spend better time Importing NAW Mods F22a (same aircraft)easier to do.

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 31 2017, 09:17 AM
Post #6

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

Some extra tips...

.TGA files sometimes don't work. No idea why they work in another mod but don't when ported to my own, but .dds files have worked for me 100% of the time. Convert .TGA to .dds if you experience unexplained crashes. Heady already stated this, but I just wanted to affirm that statement.

Double check your item index to make sure you have put your weapon(s) or kit items in the correct number slot. An error of this won't show in windowed mode but will CTD with no message.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 02:15 PM