IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Packaging custom content into a map.
imtheheadhunter
post Jun 2 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Debug assertion failed! Text:people == stupid!
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 1,609

Got a map you want to put some custom objects, or skins into? Well here's an easy way to do it!

First, package your custom stuff into an "objects.zip", or if you've got stuff that'd go into the common, or menu.zip, make a common, or menu.zip and put that stuff in those.

Then, make a "clientarchives.con", and "serverarchives.con", both with the line(/s) "fileManager.mountArchive Levels/(name-of-map)/(name-of-.zip-file).zip Objects(or Common, or Menu if needed)", and put these 2 .con files into the server.zip. There ya go, now your map will have your custom stuff in it....

... But! My custom skins don't work! You'll have to add a custom texture suffix to the skin's name. So you'd have, for example, "ahe_ah1z_C_(name-of-suffix-goes-here).DDS". Then go to the init.con of the map, and find the 2 lines, "LevelSettings.CustomTextureSuffix "(name-of-suffix-goes-here)"", and "texturemanager.customTextureSuffix "(name-of-suffix-goes-here)"", and put your custom texture suffix in them. The reason you need to do this, is because textures loaded by the map will not override textures loaded by the mod.

...hey wait a min, shouldn't the objects.zip be split up into a Objects_server, and Objects_client.zip? Well, no, they don't need to be. I just find it's easier to package everything into 1 .zip file, instead of 2....and it does work this way.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Potchara
post Jun 18 2013, 06:29 AM
Post #2

Captain

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 9,644

Dear imtheheadhunter,

I would be grateful if you please explain to me how to import the vehicle from xpacks, to AIX2
Say, If I have the file, object_ef_server and object_ef_clients on hand.
Which contain the vehicle like xpak2_eurofighter inside.

Thank you in advance,

Potchara

+Quote Post
John Foley
post Mar 16 2015, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Major

Member No.: 10,511

Does this work for custom kits? 'Cos this ain't working for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Mar 16 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #4

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (John Foley @ Mar 16 2015, 12:02 PM) *
Does this work for custom kits? 'Cos this ain't working for me.

Did you study the map that had the custom kits you mentioned? The example should be right there for you to see.
QUOTE (John Foley)
I just checked a map called Arena by spfreaks for AIX, which has custom kits with all pistols and all shotguns.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bobthedinosaur
post Mar 16 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Dictator

Member No.: 7,896

Are you sure those kit files aren't hidden somewhere else like in the objects server zip?

--------------------
Not doing modding right now, so please don't ask.

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Mar 17 2015, 12:12 AM
Post #6

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (bobthedinosaur @ Mar 16 2015, 07:04 PM) *
Are you sure those kit files aren't hidden somewhere else like in the objects server zip?

Could be in either the server or the client. If an objects server (or client) is mounted in the map, the custom kit files should be in there somewhere. It's possible it could also be in a map's client.zip

I don't have the map myself installed, so I can't look myself. Here is an example using JONES "Abandoned Village" map.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 04:21 PM