Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

how to unlock weapons in AIX2
raptori
post Feb 20 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #1

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 6,373

hi i searched the forum but couldn't find the same Q:how to use the second set of weapons(unlock) if I'm totally offline and don't have online account will it be unlocked while the rank up in BF2SPCC stats??
- does the BF2SPCC stats unlock anything or its just a ranking?
- is there is work around to make (unlock) weapons available by editing some file.

thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
anifan97203
post Feb 20 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #2

Anifan97203
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 4,861

BF2SPCC just gives ranks, badges, ribbons, and medals. No unlock weapons. Unlocks in singleplayer are not available. That is coded into the .exe file. However, there are unlock mods out there.

--------------------

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

+Quote Post
raptori
post Feb 20 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #3

Enlisted

Member No.: 6,373

QUOTE (anifan97203 @ Feb 20 2009, 10:54 PM) *
BF2SPCC just gives ranks, badges, ribbons, and medals. No unlock weapons. Unlocks in singleplayer are not available. That is coded into the .exe file. However, there are unlock mods out there.

thanks...... and those mods (unlock mods) are separated from AIX2 and as i know there is no way to mix two mods .... correct if I'm wrong.

+Quote Post
anifan97203
post Feb 20 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #4

Anifan97203
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,861

Never used them myself, so I couldn't tell you definatively. However, anything is possible if you experiment. And back up all files and folders affected.

--------------------

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

+Quote Post
GroovyDawg
post Feb 20 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #5

Groovy, you are GJ.
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,410

The Unlocks mod by FFOLKES gives you all the weapons of BF2. Unlocked and standard.

In AIX2, vanilla weapons, both unlocked and standard, are scattered throughout maps as pickups. (Mostly the standard ones though).

Since you're totally offline, might as well just switch the weapons to the unlock ones in your kit files. Search the forums for and you'll find the tens of switching weapon threads that'll teach you in detail.

--------------------
~I salute you, the AIX gentlemen.~

U MAD? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Asus G73JH-X3| Intel® Core™ i7-720QM | 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM | ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB GDDR5 | 2x320GB Seagate 7200 RPM | 17.3" LED 1920x1080

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Feb 21 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #6

Let's get festive
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

I believe it is possible to unlock weapons while gaining stats in AIX2, but you have to setup your own dedicated server to do it (if I'm not mistaken). I once asked Kyron about this, and this was his answer.

--------------------
Never talk with your mouth full or your head empty -----Unknown

My skins, sounds, and camos downloads

+Quote Post
killacure24
post Mar 23 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #7

Private

Member No.: 6,528

QUOTE (GroovyDawg @ Feb 20 2009, 08:44 PM) *
The Unlocks mod by FFOLKES gives you all the weapons of BF2. Unlocked and standard.

In AIX2, vanilla weapons, both unlocked and standard, are scattered throughout maps as pickups. (Mostly the standard ones though).

Since you're totally offline, might as well just switch the weapons to the unlock ones in your kit files. Search the forums for and you'll find the tens of switching weapon threads that'll teach you in detail.

I am still confused as to how the weapons are unlocked in AIX. Also, could give me a link to one of those threads thanks.

+Quote Post
Boles
post Mar 27 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #8

Major

Member No.: 3,382

QUOTE (killacure24 @ Mar 23 2009, 08:48 PM) *
QUOTE (GroovyDawg @ Feb 20 2009, 08:44 PM) *

I am still confused as to how the weapons are unlocked in AIX. Also, could give me a link to one of those threads thanks.

Weapons are not "unlocked" per gameplay achievements in AIX, rather unlocked weapons are used in pickup kits and soldier kits along with your basic ones and ones the mod team created.

If you want to replace a weapon in a soldiers' kit, you need to replace it in the actual kit. (go to objects_server\kits and objects_client\kits, select the faction and kit and edit the .con file. It should be fairly easy to identify what you need to change in the .con file. You can get the actual weapon name from objects_server\weapons\handheld dir I beleive.

This is off the top my head, this isnt my game PC, so someone correct me if im wrong.

This post has been edited by Boles: Mar 27 2009, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Mar 27 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #9

Let's get festive
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Too bad Kyron isn't here to explain better, but indeed he said if you start your own dedicated server you could unlock weapons. Weapons are unlocked by stats, and you would have to have a stat tracking server to accumulate stats. You of course can't unlock anything in singleplayer, but if you start a stat tracking Cooperative dedicated server and play it on your own (same as singleplayer) then it could be done. You would need a program to track your stats other than BFSPCC, I believe.

I can't link to the thread where Kyron stated this, because it's in a closed section. uhm.gif

--------------------
Never talk with your mouth full or your head empty -----Unknown

My skins, sounds, and camos downloads

+Quote Post
killacure24
post Mar 29 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #10

Private

Member No.: 6,528

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ Mar 27 2009, 03:25 PM) *
Too bad Kyron isn't here to explain better, but indeed he said if you start your own dedicated server you could unlock weapons. Weapons are unlocked by stats, and you would have to have a stat tracking server to accumulate stats. You of course can't unlock anything in singleplayer, but if you start a stat tracking Cooperative dedicated server and play it on your own (same as singleplayer) then it could be done. You would need a program to track your stats other than BFSPCC, I believe.

I can't link to the thread where Kyron stated this, because it's in a closed section. uhm.gif

I understand now, thanks for the help./\

+Quote Post
muskabeatz
post Apr 9 2009, 04:44 AM
Post #11

Major

Member No.: 3,632

Would someone be able to tell me how to set up one of these "dedicated servers"?

+Quote Post
seeker
post Apr 9 2009, 05:24 AM
Post #12

The Epic One

Member No.: 5,380

You have to buy a dedicated server first.

+Quote Post
muskabeatz
post Apr 9 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #13

Major

Member No.: 3,632

QUOTE (seeker @ Apr 9 2009, 12:24 PM) *
You have to buy a dedicated server first.

Ah screw that, I'll live without it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 08:21 AM