IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

City Park, a small infantry only map
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 8 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #1

Debug assertion failed! Text:people == stupid!
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 1,609

As the MEC make their way into this Chines held city, one of the first things they come across is this nice little Park. Unfortunately for them, the PLA is determined to keep it.

16 size is good ol' TDM, and 32 size is Strategic Hold. in SH you need to capture and hold ALL the strategic areas(flags) to win.

day time version
night time BF2 version

thanks to satnav, and the EOD2 and OPK mods for custom objects. bigthumb.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
red.murder1
post Mar 8 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #2

Canuck

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 3,236

YOu like TDMS alot don't you =D looks like a really good map,though

--------------------

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 8 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

You like TDM alot don't you

well some times its nice to be able to focus on killing, and not have to worry about silly things like flags. happy.gif having started out by playing MOH and other games that had TDM as their main game mode/s, might have something to do with it too.

//edit

added link to the AIX version of this map to the first post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DasRoach
post Mar 8 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Monkey Magic

Member No.: 468

nice work heady biggrin.gif

--------------------

The distance between insanity and genius is measured only in success

+Quote Post
Dtneter
post Mar 9 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #5

Major

Member No.: 3,735

ooh me likes hey you gonna make a 2142 version of it too? biggrin.gif the map looks amazing.

--------------------

BTW. Proxies ftw.
(User was canned for this roast)
(User quoted the host)
(User faps all over your toast)

+Quote Post
tycobb79
post Mar 9 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #6

Captain "of the toes"

Member No.: 429

Very nice! Very intense fighting, you take fire from everywhere, luckily there is alot of cover. Thank you for sharing a real nice map.

--------------------
"Regards"

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Mar 10 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #7

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

This map should be easy to convert to other mods.

As for a 2142 port, none of the BF2 objects will show up in 2142, so they would all have to be replaced for a 2142 conversion. The hardest part would be finding a similar replacement for the water fountain in the center of the map, because the shadow would not match. Replacing the buildings would not be as big of a deal, since you can't go into the city and would not be able to see that the shadows don't match the buildings.

Now, if Heady could do a night version of the map, then shadows would not matter and 2142 converison would be a lot easier. I think a night verison would be cool anyway.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 10 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(Dnamro @ Mar 10 2008, 09:44 PM) *
Now, if Heady could do a night version of the map, then shadows would not matter and 2142 converison would be a lot easier. I think a night verison would be cool anyway.

i thought about it, and almost originally planed on it. but then i realized the dynamic lights id have to place dont interact with the undergrowth/overgrowth very well at all, and would make the map look horrible. if i figure out a way around the dynamic lights problem, ill think about giving it a try. wink.gif

yes, yes, i know about doing them by lightmaping them on, but then the surrounding trees/soldiers/ wouldnt be light up. :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Mar 10 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #9

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

Make it a full moon night and have the lamp posts not working so you don't have to worry about the lighting issue?

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 10 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

hmm, massive power failure? or a strict lights out policy? good idea, ill get right on it. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 12 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

i added a link to the night time version in the first post. now i dont need to upload an AIX night time version, do i? its more than easy enough for anyone to do themselves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
(EoD)TrahnLee
post Mar 20 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #12

Captain

Member No.: 3,177

QUOTE(imtheheadhunter @ Mar 12 2008, 09:46 PM) *
i added a link to the night time version in the first post. now i dont need to upload an AIX night time version, do i? its more than easy enough for anyone to do themselves.

Very nice map.. I took a look at it and was wondering if I could include it within Eve of Destruction? (Depending on how the guys feel about it.) I need some city maps and unfortunately, I have no one really creating maps for EoD. (I have three mappers, but two are part-time, when they have time and one is extremely part-time.) Therefore, I have been watching the maps made by members of the community that look like they might work within the mod build.

This map, converted to run within EoD, looks like it might fit into the build. I would most likely give it a "Vietnam" city name, but I would make sure that you get the credit for the map, etc. In anycase, let me know.

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 20 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE((EoD)TrahnLee @ Mar 20 2008, 11:04 PM) *
I took a look at it and was wondering if I could include it within Eve of Destruction?

of coarse! you let me use some EOD stuff in my maps, so its only fair to let you use my stuff in EOD in return. happy.gif (BTW, id let you use it anyway... rolleyes.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
(EoD)TrahnLee
post Mar 20 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #14

Captain

Member No.: 3,177

QUOTE(imtheheadhunter @ Mar 21 2008, 12:30 AM) *
QUOTE((EoD)TrahnLee @ Mar 20 2008, 11:04 PM) *
I took a look at it and was wondering if I could include it within Eve of Destruction?

of coarse! you let me use some EOD stuff in my maps, so its only fair to let you use my stuff in EOD in return. happy.gif (BTW, id let you use it anyway... rolleyes.gif )

bigthumb.gif You know, I forgot all about that! Some memory I have.. hehe. blink.gif Too much modding. drool.gif Anyway, if you are into making some maps, boy, do I need a few maps. I am trying to do some BFV clones that we had in EoD BFV and EoD BF1942. Maps that I can use aircraft upon. (I have several planes now, both for US and NVA.) Maps like fall of Lang Vie, HoChiMinh Trail, Landing Zone Albany are some ideas. In fact, I am back to creating maps myself. However, I am currently working on a Mekong River map based off Dragon Valley from BF2. Basically, reworking that map to fit something that I need. However, not being a mapper by trade, but more of a modeler/coder/exporter of stuff. Wow! It certainly is a learning curve of what you can, cannot do and how to best fit things together to make it all look good, but being that I need the maps. I have to do my part as good dedicated mappers are hard to come by. I have so many ideas of maps.

I am wanting to do an "Operation Bolo" map. One I can place a few of our "wall" flags in the air as capable flags for pilots to fly around and cap. I have the F4 Phantoms (Navy and Airforce), A4 and a F5 Tiger for the US to run. I have the Mig 15/17, 19 and 21 for the NVA to run. It could be a really fun map. Perhaps, to keep the ground people happy. There could be a few ground flags available. Otherwise, it would be an all out air battle attrition map.

Another map I am wanting to do would be based on the old Gulf of Tonkin Air Engagement map from BF1942. It was an all aerial map. Flags in the air that you flew around to cap. NVA/VC had a base they flew out of. The US had two carriers they flew off of. Dog fighting fun.

Even an "Operation LineBacker" map would be interesting. Again, big aircraft style map where the objective would be for the US to bomb a factory or other structures. While doing so, they would have to dodge enemy aircraft and perhaps even a few of those flying "telephone poles" aka Sam's. I have an "Objective mode" python script that might work out or play out well on this kind of map. I would just have to convert some objects to work with it. Again here, the US flew off a pair of Carriers and the NVA had a factory and some sam sites to defend. They had a small airbase with aircraft and a few capable flags were also around on the map for those who didn't fly to still have fun on the map. The Sam's were tremendous and people operated them and shot down us aircraft. Others spent time repairing the factory or Sam's. It was a fun map.

Anyway, I am rambling.. tongue.gif I am just so close to a release of the next installment of EoD. I just need "all out maps" that I can run all the different types of equipment upon. With the team down to just myself and some part time helpers. It is just taking me some time.

Right now, Alffx and Debconf are doing some maps, but Alffx, is really busy with work and does not have alot of time to finish the two maps he is working upon. Who knows when I will get them. DebConf, I think is caught up in real life as well. Junglist, finally is back in town and I think he is going to work on some small infantry maps as his computer rig is now just a laptop. I have one other person, Logan, doing some other odds and ends for me and that pretty much wraps up the team. Other than Taichi playing his guitar and Wilson maintaining the forums. Lotte, is just busy with BF1942. (I think he is a 42' junkie. wink.gif ) Therefore, in a nutshell.. I am it. The only one really working on or doing anything on the mod and I want to release it and play it again. Alot has changed over the past year.

Again, thanks.

This post has been edited by (EoD)TrahnLee: Mar 20 2008, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 20 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE((EoD)TrahnLee @ Mar 20 2008, 11:59 PM) *
bigthumb.gif You know, I forgot all about that!

i do believe you talked to me about using other maps of mine also, maybe even twice. so that makes me curious, what other maps of mine are you currently using?

I am trying to do some BFV clones that we had in EoD BFV and EoD BF1942.

well since my mapping has come to a stand still due to none of the navmeshes i need getting done....send me the hightmap, colormap, a pic of where CPs/vehicles and the combat area is, and a few screen shots of a map youd like remade and ill see what i can come up with. oh ya, the newest build of EOD2 would be nice also. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 04:41 AM