BF 2142 AImesh project
Dnamro
post Jan 15 2013, 01:54 AM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

I started working on creating AImeshes for Bf2142 statics in order to be able to create AI for more BF2142 maps. I have the large command center done and the large pillbox. The Aimeshes for the steps are slopes, but they aren't navmeshing. I think it's because they are too steep.

Here is a download to the working AI meshes I have created:
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/dna...col_meshes1.zip

Update on AImeshes needed for 2142 maps:

Operation Blue Pearl
This map will need a lot of hand editing. I was able to get some upper walkways to navmesh, but the rest will need to be edited by hand.

bp1_barrack_double_c - done [tested]
refugee_grate_stairs - done [tested]
as_tank_wreck - done [tested]
pillbox_large_lights - may not need. [done and tested, but had to remove while navmeshing]
large command center - done [tested]
large pillbox - done, complete[tested]
Scraper_base_e - done [tested]
ship_01_c - done. [tested]
catwalk structure (next to large pillbox) - [tested].

Karkand 2142

(lots of different walls, fences, buildings, containers -- most are easy to do, it just takes time to import, fix and export. Around 50 different Aimeshes that need to be fixed up)
examples:
bp1 concrete wall 10m_c_sjbnsv2
bp1 concrete wall 10m_c_sjbv2
bp1 concrete wall 30m
bp1 concrete wall 30mhalf_c_s

Yellow Knife

The map's layout requires moving through the titan docking bay to reach the furthest flag. Now, this map could be easily navmeshed by just moving this flag in front of the titan docking bay so that the bay is entry to the bay is not even required, but that is what makes the gameplay on this map unique. It is not even just the titan bay. The whole path includes a custom walkway up to the roof of a warehouse and then up a set of stairs to reach the titan bay. This will make the map tricky, but without it, it's not worthwhile to bother adding SP.

bp1_catwalkcluster4_c - Aimesh is done. ready to test
bp1_monorail_train_c - done. [tested]
bp1_residential_house_04_e - [edited AImesh to allow access to second level and tested]
bp1_titan_bay - AImesh completed - ready to be tested

Molakai
bc_big_bridge_a -- in progress; AImesh completed, but not tested
bp1_cistern_medium_cluster_c - done
bp1_titan_wreck_engine - done
bp1_titan_wreckjb
scraper_01_epl - done [tested]
trench_exit - done

Other completed AImeshes

These are AImeshes that I have created for BF2142 that I can't remember what map they were created:

refugeemodule_01x8tall_a
bp1_monorail_platform_c
farmhouseold_02_v01_e
guardwall_6m_broken_c
catwalk_32m_c
bp1_warehouse_large_01_c
bp1_reshouse_01_sidescene
scraper_stairs_e
bp1_titan_wreck
bp1_road_sign_03_v4
bp1_road_sign_03_v2
bp1_crate_ammo_01_m
bp1_cistern_medium_c
bp1_barrack_single_c
bp1_residential_house_01_e
cistern_medium_c

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (30 - 42)
kano
post Jul 2 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #31

Major
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 1,704

great news m8,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 8 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #32

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Update - the big bridge on Molakai is the last major object without a working navmesh. Having a problem with including the walkways, but they seem like they could be important to to navmesh for this map. I am just going to try creating seperate Aimeshes.

For Op Blue Pearl, the lights in the large pillbox were interfering with it navmeshing. I had to remove the lights while it navmeshed. Some of the second level areas are navmeshing and some are not. I will try creating custom AImeshes for those that are not.

For Yellow Knife, the Titan docking bay will probably need some custom AImesh because it is the only path to get to one of the flags, but that path includes going to rooftop of a warehouse building, then a stairway to get to the docking bay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kano
post Jul 8 2017, 12:15 PM
Post #33

Major
Group Icon

Yellow Knife and Molakai were done for us by Corona,
Im sure that he intended to fix these issues or he told me and i forgot,
Anyway thank you for fixing these annoying details,
As for Op Blue Pearl it would crash after 5 minutes but i never found out why this happened.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 9 2017, 07:20 AM
Post #34

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Well, I had always intended redo the OBP navmesh once I had completed all the AImeshes for the map.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 9 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #35

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

I have not seen Corona's results, but without proper AImeshes, I am sure that the Navmeshes can be improved.

I just redid the AImesh for the big bridge in Molakai. I did not originally realize that it is actually comprised of two seperate parts that are combined as mirror images of each other. So, I now an AImesh completed that combines both parts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kano
post Jul 9 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #36

Major
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dnamro @ Jul 9 2017, 05:34 PM) *
I have not seen Corona's results, but without proper AImeshes, I am sure that the Navmeshes can be improved.

I just redid the AImesh for the big bridge in Molakai. I did not originally realize that it is actually comprised of two seperate parts that are combined as mirror images of each other. So, I now an AImesh completed that combines both parts.

didn't i send you these 2142 maps?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 10 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #37

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

QUOTE (kano @ Jul 9 2017, 07:41 PM) *
QUOTE (Dnamro @ Jul 9 2017, 05:34 PM) *

didn't i send you these 2142 maps?

That is right. Still, without Aimeshes for all the objects, I am sure they can be improved.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Jul 13 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #38

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 8,214

[/quote]

That is right. Still, without Aimeshes for all the objects, I am sure they can be improved.

[/quote]

I agree. Bots (especially vehicles) often stuck into statics and struggle to find their way out incredibly long. (About molokai and Yellow knife)

This post has been edited by Sgt_Prof: Jul 13 2017, 12:30 PM

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 13 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #39

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Update: The custom AImesh for large bridge in Molakai is completed and navmeshing. Just need to test it out.

OP Blue Pearl: I am creating custom AImeshes so that the stairs will navmesh in the different areas. I tried creating a custom one for this map, but it would navmesh one area, but not another. So, it will be a matter of creating custom navmesh for each stair. I have those set up. Just need to test them out. I have the walkways navmeshing so that the infantry bots can get to the bridge from multiple locations. I expect that the bots can jump over the rails, just like players would. This is my primary focus, now that I have the rest of the AImeshes completed. I will post some pics to better explain.

Yellow Knife: In the mutliplayer version, the pathway from the stairs on the warehouse to get to the Titan landing bay, was by a ladder. I was adding walkways from the adjacent building so the bots can get up to the roof. For this one, I think that some custom AImeshes will allow the whole thing to navmesh. I will definitely need to take some pictures to explain exactly what I am working on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 19 2017, 07:35 AM
Post #40

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

I have updated the navmesh for Operation Blue Pearl and am testing and seems to be stable:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_o_kOaz7...bVRzakpyX2ZQNE0

Just rename it to server.zip and replace the exsiting file for the OPB map in the 2142_sp mod.

I believe the problem was the large open area between the main harbor base and the Large pillbox, which the navmesh generator tends to over optimize. Which means that you have large areas that don't articulately follow the terrain. So, if a bot walks over an area that is more than a meter off, the game crashes. Even though I tried to set up the map so that bots would not use this area, by spawning them into aircraft at the base, they would still occasionally jump and try to walk it, which I am pretty sure resulted in a CTD. Now, those open areas can be fixed with 3d modeling software, but that can be very time consuming. I prefer to use the technique of using small statics (barrels or small crates) to act as a push pin that will force the navmesh generator to create a navmesh that more closely follows the terrrain. Everywhere a static exists, that area can not be over optimized. This way if I need to renavmesh an area, I won't have to redo this area again, the navmesh generator will handle it from now on. Now these statics are not left in the map when playing. So, it will leave navmesh wholes, but as long as I leave paths for vehicles, it is not a problem and don't need to be patched.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AriochRN
post Jul 19 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #41

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,947

I've played a few games on Op Blue Pearl without anything untoward occurring and I've watched a few of the AI happily jog across the frozen river.

There's only the 16 player map showing up in the maplist - is that expected or is my .desc file for the map incorrect?

Great work as always Dnamro!

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 19 2017, 10:39 AM
Post #42

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

QUOTE (AriochRN @ Jul 19 2017, 10:19 AM) *
I've played a few games on Op Blue Pearl without anything untoward occurring and I've watched a few of the AI happily jog across the frozen river.

There's only the 16 player map showing up in the maplist - is that expected or is my .desc file for the map incorrect?

Great work as always Dnamro!

Thanks for playtesting! The navmesh we are testing is the whole 64p size. Right now, I am focusing on testing the 16 p area to include the large open area. I will post new updates once I have larger areas setup for 32 and 64 sizes. I also plan on moving the flags to inside the buildings to test the bots ability to move around the interiors and use the upper floors. 16 p could use another another flag or two, but it will keep it limited to only aircraft. I really like how the aircraft add to the gameplay

--------------------

+Quote Post
AriochRN
post Yesterday, 04:02 AM
Post #43

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,947

That's good news about the larger maps, and sounds interesting about moving some of the action indoors - might make things a bit different when playing as the PAC. I too like the aircraft in the map but they can spawn camp you a bit sometimes when defending smile.gif

As an aside, Op Blue Pearl is the only map where I get a graphical error - the ground clutter (snow rocks on the frozen river and the small trash piles) only show as flat black. I think the textures are "trash" and "aa_pudersnow_aund3" but I haven't a clue where they might be. I deleted the shader cache but that didn't help. Is this something anyone else is seeing?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 12:52 PM