One mod with extended SP support for all BF2, except Special Forces
Dnamro
post Jun 22 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

DISCLAIMER: Many users reporting shader issue bugs with SPX mod. Use at own risk. Recommended to use older stable versions of BF2SP64 or BF2ALL64 till bugs can be sorted.----MCR 11-30-16

Possible fix----

Renaming BP_Shaders_client.zip fixed the problem. You should clear the cache folder as well after doing this.

source

Due to popular demand, the SPX mod now includes Special forces SP/coop and all the Booster maps.

Features:
- Full version. Backup or delete the older version.
- Supports the latest SP/coop support for Special Forces maps, with SF kits, weapons, Factions and vehicles.
- works with BF2 version 1.4 and 1.5 (1.5 nerfed the AI commander).
- Eliminates the need for older SP expansion mods such as BoosterSP, BF2All64, BF2EF64, BF2AF64.
- Includes Void's Enhanced Strategies
- Includes alternate version of Operation Road Rage by Void that players better with bots.
- Removes Warlords SF map recreations as BF2 maps. The maps had AI navmesh issues, and the DICE SF maps are better.

Download:
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/dna...BF2_SPX_1_2.zip

Recommend to unzip this Zip file into your MY documents or desktop and then copy the BF2_SPX folder into your BF2 \mods folder

The next version will have unlocked kits.

===========================
Version 1.1 as of 21 Feb 2015 with installer.
Note: This is an older version with an installer that does not include the Special Forces maps.
===========================
Download:
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/dna..._Setup_v1_1.exe

Changes:

- Installer will find your BF2 install location and try to install to the proper location.
- Includes Void's Enhanced Strategies
- Includes Void's map Fixes:
- Taraba, Great Wall and Smokescreen : bug fixed for EU vehicles on map
- You can spawn as a sniper again
- Great Wall : fixed the 16 player layer to avoid EU "spawns of death" (spawning off the navmesh).
- xpak2_faav now works

BF2_SPX features

- Extended SP and COOP support for all the standard BF2 maps, Armored Fury & Euro Forces maps, Special Forces BF2 conversion maps by Warlord
and support for Blue Pearl and Highway Tampa.
- Alternate version of Operation Road Rage by Void
- Supports BF2 1.4 or 1.5
- Enhanced strategies by Void. Currrently only the booster maps have been tweaked.
- Includes all files need to play. There is no need to copy over the client.zip files from the BF2 maps.
- Uses standard locked kits. This makes for challenging gameplay. There are plenty of other mods available to play with a wider
variety of weapons such as AIX, Alpha Project and Dogs of War, as well as the BF2 unlock tool.

Let me know if there are any issues. If anyone knows of any improved AI that I have missed, please let me know so I can update it.

============================
If you don't have legal copy of BF2
============================

First of all, if you don't have a legal copy of BF2, then your registry won't be updated correctly for the installer to work correctly and I don't know if it will work or now. If the installer can not find the installed location of BF2 and allows you to redirect it, you try it to find the location where Battlefield 2 is installed on you system. It will install to the \mods\BF2_SPX folder in the Battlefield 2 folder

This is what it should look like:

- As mods\BF2_SPX as shown below:

One Mod to rule them all, One Mod to find them, One Mod to bring them all, and in the darkness bind ...

This post has been edited by MasterChiefRulZ: Sep 19 2017, 10:34 AM
Reason for edit: Posted Bug alert per user suggestion till SPX is fixed. *added fix note

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Start new topic
Replies (195 - 196)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Nov 30 2016, 02:05 PM
Post #196

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

I just headed straight to the 1.2 d/l link in the OP (where there's no bug alert).

Good point. I'll add one.

Glad your problem is sorted. Have fun. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jrivett
post Sep 18 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #197

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 12,335

QUOTE (SP4Me @ Nov 30 2016, 06:36 AM) *
renaming the shaders file to BP_Shaders_client_old.zip fixed this particular issue in my case.

This fixed the shader problems in BF2_SPX for me. I had previously tried just about everything else mentioned above, but nothing helped. Renaming BP_Shaders_client.zip fixed the problem.

You should clear the cache folder as well after doing this.

Thanks, SP4Me!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 05:14 PM