Generic Profile for BF2142 master account bypass
Dnamro
post Aug 12 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Ever since EA dropped support for BF2142, the game gets stuck at the master account logon prompt. You have to disconnect from the internet in order to get the game to allow you to logon with an offline account.

However, you can't get this far if you are reloading or installing BF2142, because you can't set up a profile without logging into the master account server, which doesn't exist anymore. So, it's a catch22 in this situation. You need an offline profile to play singleplayer, but the game requires initial logon to the now gone master account server.

A verified solution is here. I have created and tested this generic profile. The player name is 'singleplayer'

Edit: This is for offline singleplayer only. Deathlok Clan has a solution that works for online and singleplayer. http://dethklokclan.enjin.com/bf2142

NOTE: You still have to disconnect from the internet in order to be able to bypass the master account server login. The game will try to login, fail and then give the option to play with an offline account. After selecting the offline account, you can connect back to the internet. But when you do select no when the game offers to connect to the master account server.

download here:
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/dna...ric_profile.zip

Unzip into your desktop or wherever is easiest, then move the Battlefield 2142 folder to your 'My Documents' folder.

Game Ranger issues

Note: Game Ranger will disable the ability to play singleplayer, because it's backs up the existing profile and makes a custom one. You can use this generic profile to play singleplayer again. Just delete or rename the Game Ranger Bf2142 profile and replace it with the generic one from the link above.

Customizing the player name

Now, if you want to customize the name to your own name, here is how:

In the generic profile, in the My Documents\Battlefield 2142 folder open up the \Profiles folder and edit Global.con (notepad is fine for editing) and change singleplayer to the name you want.

Now, open up the \0001 folder and edit Profile.con and change all references to Singleplayer to name you want.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (15 - 19)
Firehammer
post Apr 15 2016, 11:22 AM
Post #16

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,396

Sorry about resurrecting an old thread, but this is the only thread for this topic that comes up on Google.
So the files that I download on this thread DO NOT go into the Battlefield 2142 folder that I have where the game's files are stored? My hard-drive set up is kind of strange because I 've had a lot of different drives and transfers of files between drives, so for clarification, do these files go into the Documents folder on the same drive that the game files are on?
Any answers whatsoever are greatly appreciated, as I'm trying to get the First Strike mod up and running, except first I need the actual game up and running laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Apr 15 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #17

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Firehammer @ Apr 15 2016, 12:22 PM) *
Sorry about resurrecting an old thread, but this is the only thread for this topic that comes up on Google.
So the files that I download on this thread DO NOT go into the Battlefield 2142 folder that I have where the game's files are stored? My hard-drive set up is kind of strange because I 've had a lot of different drives and transfers of files between drives, so for clarification, do these files go into the Documents folder on the same drive that the game files are on?
Any answers whatsoever are greatly appreciated, as I'm trying to get the First Strike mod up and running, except first I need the actual game up and running laugh.gif

I recommend that you use the Deathlok clan solution. They have a sever and their solution creates a profile that will work for online and singleplayer.

http://dethklokclan.enjin.com/bf2142

Note: I edited the first post to mention it. Also if your interested in testing a newer beta version of First Strike send me a PM with your email address. Don't post your email here in the forums.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
AirJerr
post Jul 2 2016, 10:56 AM
Post #18

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,850

All in one Total Game Installer is available at Battlefield2142.co

Includes a Fully Patched V1.51 game with the Gamespy fix and 100 new custom maps... Come check it out!!

I stream to twitch nightly at Twitch.TV/dkairjerr

Dethklok AirJerr

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Feb 20 2017, 05:34 AM
Post #19

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Member No.: 8,214

I wonder if I could get offline account with all unlocks for modding purposes in the old way or it's not possible?

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post
Coffeecup132
post Sep 1 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #20

Private

Member No.: 10,789

I used to be able to get the offline mode without problems 2 years ago (on Win 8.1). I can't remember whether I used tofugamer's, dnamro's or Dethklok's fix (which I'm sure all works).

Now, just reinstalled 2142 from DVD and applied patch 1.50 and 1.51. Tried both tofugamer's (wifi on) and dnamro's (wifi off) method's, and no matter what I do and click (login, create or retrieve), all I get is just the same response (can't connect to EA online).

Unlike the last time, I'm now on Win 10 (latest update), but with the 2142.exe's compatibility set to Win XP.

What am I doing wrong?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 09:16 AM