Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

vehicles with music, need some technical help
lifeoftheparty21...
post Mar 13 2009, 02:08 AM
Post #1

MUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 5,832

ok what im looking at first of all are what vehicles have the music..
theres the us humvee
the vodnik
but is there one more..? the nanjing maybe?

and also, i was hoping to put all 6 songs into all vehicles that have music in the original mod, how would i go about doing that?

--------------------

||||||||||||||||||||^^The Glitterati. That guitar is like Jesus. Every time you think it's dead, it just shows up again about 3 days later.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Death_EnForcer
post Mar 13 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #2

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

Maybe the following threads can give you an idea.
Topic 1
Topic 2
Topic 3

+Quote Post
lifeoftheparty21...
post Mar 13 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #3

MUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i read all of them and they dont tell me how to get all 6 songs into each vehicle

--------------------

||||||||||||||||||||^^The Glitterati. That guitar is like Jesus. Every time you think it's dead, it just shows up again about 3 days later.

+Quote Post
lifeoftheparty21...
post Mar 21 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #4

MUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

bump, satnav..clive..anybody?

--------------------

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 21 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #5

Debug assertion failed! Text:people == stupid!
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 1,609

QUOTE (lifeoftheparty2121 @ Mar 22 2009, 12:51 AM) *

Read the threads you were linked to, then read them again, and again, until you understand how the music player/s work.

Why should some one explain how to do something, when the info is already there?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShellShocked
post Mar 23 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #6

Graduate, US Army School of Hard Knocks

Member No.: 4,399

Because it's called communication. But, you're somewhat lacking in that department. If it already exists, it shouldn't be discussed again. You personally, Imtheheadhunter have repeatedly made it difficult for some to ask a question and to get an answer. Why every answer is "search"... I frankly find the search sucks on this forum. So, thanks for great maps, but your customer service stinks.

I have to ask myself why I keep returning here. Things could be so much more different if folks treated each other with a little respect and ANSWERED the questions. FFS, why have a forum if you'll only answer things ONCE? Make it a freakin FAQ then.

/RANT OFF

This post has been edited by SonicPixel: Mar 23 2009, 09:27 AM

--------------------
ShellShocked aka SonicPixel

+Quote Post
GroovyDawg
post Mar 23 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #7

Groovy, you are GJ.
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,410

Ooh. Touchy Sonic. lol

@ lifeoftheparty2121

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate audio_player_one
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0.5424/0.5893
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate audio_player_two
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate audio_player_three
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate audio_player_four

Refers to the dummy weapon template. Just add more i.e audio_player_three/four and so on. Don't know if there's a limit to how many songs you can fit on a vehicle.

In my personal mod, I've manage to add the Quantum of Solace and Bourne Ultimatum soundtracks mixes to the game. Makes things a helluva lot more intense-r.

To add your own soundtracks: Create a mix of your choice and convert to .ogg using the BF2 Soundtools. Put the file wherever you please, (but for organization's sake, put the music files into your menu_client/sound/music/whatever.)

Create your own audio folder in the objects_server.zip/vehicles/common/. i.e audio_player_seven.
Rename the file names and contents of the .con and .tweak appropriately, and change the soundfile reference to your new mix track.
i.e ObjectTemplate.soundFilename "common/sound/MilesAway.ogg" to ObjectTemplate.soundFilename "common/sound/CliveSingingNeverGonnaGiveYouUp.ogg"

Add the template to your humvee
i.e ObjectTemplate.addTemplate audio_player_seven
and voila. Done.

Clear nuff?

Things could be so much more different if folks treated each other with a little respect and ANSWERED the questions. FFS, why have a forum if you'll only answer things ONCE? Make it a freakin FAQ then.

I would think the BFSP has reached its peaked in camaraderie some years ago, and everything that can possibly be asked under the fake BF2 lightmapped sun has been answered. But still, any question I have still gets answered appropriately prompt and with enough detail.
In particular, I've never asked how to add music, but did enough searching by myself (and using just three brain cells) and figured the whole thing out in no time flat.

And if those three braincells fail, just Xfire dear old Heady. LOL.
Respect right? And SonicPixel bud, no need to rant at all. No need at all.

Now if you will, please fill out my employee of the month card? Sign right there...

This post has been edited by GroovyDawg: Jan 19 2010, 08:04 PM

--------------------
~I salute you, the AIX gentlemen.~

U MAD? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Asus G73JH-X3| Intel® Core™ i7-720QM | 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM | ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB GDDR5 | 2x320GB Seagate 7200 RPM | 17.3" LED 1920x1080

+Quote Post
ShellShocked
post Mar 23 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #8

Graduate, US Army School of Hard Knocks

Member No.: 4,399

I'm just tired of the same answer "search" ... let's me be real clear ... not everyone who comes here asking for help has all the resources that some of the very talented folks do. They need a little more politeness and to be steered in the right direction. Not slapped around.

Well, I've said this before, but I'm just not coming back as an active poster. I've broken that statement before to shout out to some friends, but what's the point of continued half hearted communication? I came here looking for comraderie and the company of other battlefield fans. Unfortunately, I'm come to learn over the years that most are quite anti-social and really aren't looking to make friends or connections.

Well, I'm done trying to do that here. Perhaps if a Battlefield 3 title ever ships I'll join a tournament and see some of you around. Good luck.

--------------------
ShellShocked aka SonicPixel

+Quote Post
GroovyDawg
post Mar 23 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #9

Groovy, you are GJ.
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,410

I'm come to learn over the years that most are quite anti-social and really aren't looking to make friends or connections.

They're an odd bunch aren't they? tongue.gif As with most "intellectuals", they do manifest some tiny shades of Asperger's. lol.

not everyone who comes here asking for help has all the resources that some of the very talented folks do.

Resources? Like...brain cells? All I'm really saying is a tiny amount of effort goes a really long way. Like in this particular instance, all three topics linked/posted by Death_Enforcer explains everything needed to make things work. EVERYTHING. So in essence, Death_Enforcer already answered lifeoftheparty2121's question, and then some.

Well, I'm done trying to do that here. Perhaps if a Battlefield 3 title ever ships I'll join a tournament and see some of you around. Good luck.

Cheers bud. smile.gif Hope you change your mind and lurk around some more. Check the WIP thread. You'll be back...laugh.gif

This post has been edited by GroovyDawg: Mar 23 2009, 10:57 AM

--------------------
~I salute you, the AIX gentlemen.~

U MAD? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Asus G73JH-X3| Intel® Core™ i7-720QM | 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM | ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB GDDR5 | 2x320GB Seagate 7200 RPM | 17.3" LED 1920x1080

+Quote Post
imtheheadhunter
post Mar 23 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #10

Debug assertion failed! Text:people == stupid!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,609

your customer service stinks.

I have to ask myself why I keep returning here.

Why thank you.

I duno, you've left at least twice, both because of me I think. Why don't you just add me to your ignore list so you can be happy?

QUOTE (GroovyDawg @ Mar 23 2009, 12:56 PM) *
not everyone who comes here asking for help has all the resources that some of the very talented folks do.

Resources? Like...brain cells? All I'm really saying is a tiny amount of effort goes a really long way. Like in this particular instance, all three topics linked/posted by Death_Enforcer explains everything needed to make things work. EVERYTHING. So in essence, Death_Enforcer already answered lifeoftheparty2121's question, and then some.

Quoted, because it's exactly true. + rep for you, wait, this forum doesn't have a reputation system. oh well, sucks for you. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
clivewil
post Mar 23 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #11

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,545

ok you guys, settle down. no need for all this crap.

sorry, i tend to ignore most threads about ground vehicles so posting my name in one is no guarantee i'll see it.

as far as i'm aware (which is very little) the audio players are weapons, one player per song. looking at the humvee it has only two, audio_player_one and audio_player_two - i think to add all 6 to one vehicle you'd have to add the other four as well BUT the item indices would all have to be changed too, as they are all set to either 1 or 2

simplest thing would be to just number their item indices sequentially from 1 to 6 according to their name, based on the assumption that nothing else in the driver posi of any of the vehicles you modify has anything else using item index 1 - 6. item indices must be unique; if you have two or more using the same index in one PCO you'll have trouble.

you'll have to try this yourself to know for sure, but it *should* be a fairly simple operation.

edit - ah i see groovy has already answered it for you

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 04:26 PM