Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Battlefield Heroes'42, The mod that started it all.... :D
Apache Thunder
post Apr 6 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Interdimensional Spy

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 3,722

Ever wanted to play BFheroes in first person? Ever wanted to play it with bots?

Well this mod is for you! This is the first complete conversion mod that I have made. My DCU mod is more of a enhancement of DC, BF242 isn't of my creation, and GCN_Mario_Kart still leaves a lot to be desired. tongue.gif

Anyways here are some of my videos that show the development of this mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXTHChjyQBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y6i-Qb-xzo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uznM7-2ZviU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnnsrIk3-eM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyjbaTLGDWU

Features:

1. All vehicles ported.
2. All maps since 1.25 update ported.
3. Jetpacks ported.
4. Most standard issue handweapons ported. No supers/ubers and no I have no plans on porting them!. tongue.gif
5. Features TurboJet and RippinRocket customization items for jetpack kits on Midnight Mayham. All weapons and items found in this mod are free and do not require purchase of any kind!
6. Features a modified HUD to look like the real game and sound effects too!
7. Doesn't lag as much as the real game. biggrin.gif
8. Many other things to long to fit in this post.
9. Update from December of 2010 brought over soldier meshes. Now has a few customization items and the classic soldier meshes from the early closed beta phase of BFHeroes.

Download Links:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/bfheroes42...leases/tag/v5.2

Changes in v5.2:

1. Add ability to trigger Troop Traps/Kegs with guns. Troop Trap and Kegs can now be detonated by most weapons. (excluding sniper rifles because their fire velocity is too high to work with proximity fuses and slowing them down would compromise the usefulness of these weapons)
2. Troop Trap trigger radius reduced. They aren't quite as overpowered now. tongue.gif
3. Fixed broken vehicle icon on Greenwood vehicle.
4. Lowered mass of Sticky TNT.
5. Made tracer projectile for shotguns visible. They have better bullet visibility now.
6. Also added new camera view for jeeps for a BFH style third person view. (for the most part)
7. Enable more then 64 bots in Singleplayer mode (via Instant Battle menu only). Note that some maps will lag pretty bad if you go over the standard maximum. Use with caution. tongue.gif

Requirements:

1. Battlefield 1942 v1.61b
2. Last version of Punkbuster for online multiplayer if you wish to go online with this.
3. No other mods required to run this mod!

I will continue to update this mod with new stuff once it becomes available and can be ported in a reasonable amount of time.

This post has been edited by Apache Thunder: Jan 30 2017, 10:00 AM

--------------------

I have cameras in your head!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Start new topic
Replies (60 - 74)
Dnamro
post May 31 2016, 01:55 PM
Post #61

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Sadly, the mod I'd no longer being updated.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
RemKill
post Jun 1 2016, 10:35 AM
Post #62

Enlisted

Member No.: 11,527

QUOTE (Dnamro @ May 31 2016, 01:55 PM) *

Ah too bad sad.gif
Oh well I will try to get it work over an lan network first and then try over the internet.
Still its great to be able to play it with AI's smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jun 1 2016, 10:40 AM
Post #63

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

It worked multiplayer before EA dropped all online support. I am sure there is a way to get it to work -- I just can't help out with that.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
Apache Thunder
post Jun 4 2016, 11:32 PM
Post #64

Interdimensional Spy

Yeah I'm no longer working on this mod. Multiplayer still works for this mod last I checked (I play tested the hell out of everything I added, so I doubt it has issues in multiplayer).

You'll need a patched EXE that points to custom Gamespy servers to use it in mulitplayer as is the case with any mod for this game. I forget where you find that at the moment. It's been awhile since I touched the game. tongue.gif

The only crashes that occur for this mod is the random crash on map load that is related to Win7/Vista (not sure if this gets better or worse for Win10 users). Trying it with different compatiblity settings may help. Though I did fire up the mod in the last week and did not notice any CTDs on map load so it is stable. WinXP users probably won't have any issues with this mod. Though it would be hard to believe any WinXP users are still out there in 2016. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Apache Thunder: Jun 4 2016, 11:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
RemKill
post Jun 5 2016, 04:42 AM
Post #65

Enlisted

Hi Apache,

I got it working on my Win10 pc. Now tried for my laptop but there it seems to have a problem with the "DirectPlay". I tried to activate at "Configuration -> Programs -> Windows features act or deactivate". Seems the Windows there does not support it ^^
Anyway I find another old pc and get that one online smile.gif

Lol, if im right I got somewhere a pc around with Windows XP and one with Windows 7. First need to get some RAM and see or the CPU unit is fast enoug biggrin.gif
If I recall it right it is a slow monster working with only a few RAM tongue.gif

Thanks atleast for the reply smile.gif

+Quote Post
ridgeraiser
post Jul 14 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #66

Major
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 9,097

QUOTE (Dnamro @ May 31 2016, 02:55 PM) *

Apache Thunder stopped the developing two years ago, but you can ask him, if you like? There is the Original Release updated Thread: click here

--------------------

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Jul 15 2016, 09:41 AM
Post #67

Dictator
Group Icon

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (RemKill @ Jun 5 2016, 05:42 AM) *
Hi Apache,

I got it working on my Win10 pc. Now tried for my laptop but there it seems to have a problem with the "DirectPlay". I tried to activate at "Configuration -> Programs -> Windows features act or deactivate". Seems the Windows there does not support it ^^

For DirectPlay problem check out following link.
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...rectPlay+BF1942

+Quote Post
Apache Thunder
post Jan 30 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #68

Interdimensional Spy

Been a long time coming, but one small update to Battlefield Heroes'42. I made some changes to the mod middle of last year. I waited for some suggestions on changes to the weapon balancing, but that never came. So I finally just released what I did.

Version 5.2 now available!

Changelog:

Add ability to trigger Troop Traps/Kegs with guns. Troop Trap and Kegs can now be detonated by most weapons. (excluding sniper rifles because their fire velocity is too high to work with proximity fuses and slowing them down would compromise the usefulness of these weapons)

Troop Trap trigger radius reduced. They aren't quite as overpowered now. tongue.gif

Fixed broken vehicle icon on Greenwood vehicle.

Lowered mass of Sticky TNT.

Made tracer projectile for shotguns visible. They have better bullet visibility now.

Also added new camera view for jeeps for a BFH style third person view. (for the most part)

Enable more then 64 bots in Singleplayer mode (via Instant Battle menu only). Note that some maps will lag pretty bad if you go over the standard maximum. Use with caution. tongue.gif

Download Link: https://github.com/ApacheThunder/bfheroes42...leases/tag/v5.2

This mod is now available on github. I currently do not have access to the usual server I provide this mod on. I have not yet heard back on the site admin for that host so for now I must provide the mod via mega. The download link for the client is on the github release page.

This post has been edited by Apache Thunder: Jan 30 2017, 11:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
RemKill
post Jan 30 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #69

Enlisted

Ah really nice. When I got time I will try it out. Atm a bit busy.
"I waited for some suggestions on changes to the weapon balancing", Sorry might have missed the message I think. But is it able to really 'balance'? Every group has its benefits and cons, not? smile.gif
If you want I might come up to something, I just need maybe a bit of time to think and play to see what can be done.

By the way, does there come a update where you can change your character a bit? Like a sunglass on and off or a cigarette? Or even a animal on your shoulder like in the real BFH? ohmy.gif

Kind regards Remco

+Quote Post
Apache Thunder
post Jan 30 2017, 11:41 AM
Post #70

Interdimensional Spy

QUOTE (RemKill @ Jan 30 2017, 11:35 AM) *
Ah really nice. When I got time I will try it out. Atm a bit busy.
"I waited for some suggestions on changes to the weapon balancing", Sorry might have missed the message I think. But is it able to really 'balance'? Every group has its benefits and cons, not? smile.gif
If you want I might come up to something, I just need maybe a bit of time to think and play to see what can be done.

By the way, does there come a update where you can change your character a bit? Like a sunglass on and off or a cigarette? Or even a animal on your shoulder like in the real BFH? ohmy.gif

Kind regards Remco

The suggestions I was waiting for was from someone on YouTube who never got back to me. Sorry probably should have been more specific. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Jan 30 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #71

Dictator
Group Icon

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (Apache Thunder @ Jan 30 2017, 10:58 AM) *
Been a long time coming, but one small update to Battlefield Heroes'42. I made some changes to the mod middle of last year. I waited for some suggestions on changes to the weapon balancing, but that never came. So I finally just released what I did.
Version 5.2 now available!

Download Link: https://github.com/ApacheThunder/bfheroes42...leases/tag/v5.2

This mod is now available on github. I currently do not have access to the usual server I provide this mod on. I have not yet heard back on the site admin for that host so for now I must provide the mod via mega. The download link for the client is on the github release page.

Thanks for the update. bigthumb.gif

+Quote Post
ridgeraiser
post Feb 3 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #72

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,097

Welcome back bro Apache Thunder! You are one of the light views in 2017.smile.gif I have Download your mod and want to create some sceenshots before i create a roundup news about it. I am really happy about the update. But i found two Bugs.

- by the Mod choose in the menu bfheroes runs in 5.1F it said.
- when i want create a Lokal/Internet Game in COOP or what ever, i cannot start the game, you forgot to put in the START Button i saw. I could select Maps but i cannot start the game. But then down left the bfheroes Version is looking right in 5.2.

- Also wenn ich auf EIGENES SPIEL gehe, sagt mir bfheroes es läuft unter v5.1F, es stört aber nicht.
- Wenn ich aber ein Internet Spiel starten will über Internet/Lokal, dann kann ich zwar die maps in allen Spielmodis aussuchen, aber nicht starten? Der start knopf fehlt? Aber dafür steht unten rechts am Bildschirm das bfheroes unter v5.2 läuft.;-)

I want to try to send you my feedback in both languages for better understand. I want that you understand my trouble buddy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RemKill
post Aug 9 2017, 12:03 PM
Post #73

Enlisted

Hey Apache,

You had my message of yesterday? Sent one but it did not show up in my "sent" box.. :\
Anyway for sure: Last weekend I found again some time to play around in this mod which looks nice and I made it easly work trough LAN indeed. I did not check or it works over the internet for me which I might try later. But at the other hand I do not want to mess too much with my router ports tongue.gif
Anyway, thanks a lot! Great work. smile.gif

I also mentioned another project which I found yesterday too. I asked or you might want to offer your service there to help but saw later that you where added as Dev! smile.gif Good to see!

Kind regards,

RemKill

+Quote Post
Apache Thunder
post Nov 7 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #74

Interdimensional Spy

This forum has annoyingly tiny message storage limits so my inbox has spent a good portion of the year being full. (so your message likely failed to send). I've cleared up space for 2 more messages.

As for BFH'42, I'm working on a standalone version and will retire the mod version. The standalone version will have some maps with lightmaps remastered and lighting settings revamped. No time table on when it will be done. There are a lot of maps for me to look at in this mod. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RemKill
post Nov 8 2017, 07:56 AM
Post #75

Enlisted

Hey Apache,

That's no problem. Take your time I would say. Its sometimes better to spend a bit more time to finish something off then rush it wink.gif
Not sure or I can help you. But I did program a little bit in C++ (REALLY BASIC) and might look into others. Also did some map building in some game editors like Far Cry but that's just in a simple program..

Anyway, let me know. You got my Discord if im right.

Kind regards,

RemKill

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 05:40 AM