Operation Blue Pearl SP update
Dnamro
post Jul 25 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

I have updated the AI for Operation Blue Pearl. 32 p mode has land vehicles. This is a test of the large open 'no-mans' area and bots using the large pilbox and command center. The flag for the large pilbox is at the second floor, which works really well with bots. They climb up all three stair ways. The bots have a hard time in vehicles getting past the first flag, but once I expand the combat area for the 64 p mode, that should be resolved.

Just extract to desktop. Copy and replace the existing files with the updated ones for the OPB map in the 2142_sp mod.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_o_kOaz7R...iew?usp=sharing

It turns out that the collision mesh for the large pillbox had a non working AImesh that included a stairway to the very top, but none of the variants has it in the model. So, at one time, DICE had a stairway to the rooftop, but took it out, replacing it with ladders and never.

I replaced the jeeps with APCs because the APCs were bouncing on the map. Really strange.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Sgt_Prof
post Jul 26 2017, 03:40 AM
Post #2

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 8,214

Updated map works very well compared to previous version and it's much more fun to play around with the vehicles. Also first bunker flag (PAC side) was a very interesting change what offers great close combat and immersive defense.

However, EU bots tend to leave vehicles in non playable area and they simply go to capture the flag. It isn't big issue however. Took few screenshots:

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 26 2017, 07:32 AM
Post #3

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Thanks for the testing feedback. I noticed the same thing. I will see if it doesn't resolve when I expand the combat area. The bots are trying to take a southern path which is currently off the combat area, and of course they die, leaving the vehicles stranded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AriochRN
post Jul 27 2017, 03:47 AM
Post #4

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,947

I've had a few games on the 32 player map and things went well after the initial Carmageddon start by the EU drivers smile.gif

On the 16 player map the EU bots now tend to fly straight to the PAC west spawn and capture it quickly leaving PAC with just the mid-west spawn. I think the west flag has become unlocked somehow in your new version.

I like the new pillbox usage, nice work!

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 27 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #5

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Well, the reason that bots are trying to take vehicles on a southern route is that the middle route for the vehicle navmesh needs some work. There are some areas in that path that are not connecting. This looks like one of those cases where the map has to be adusted in the editor to accommodate vehicle pathing. It looks like there are several of the passenger rails that are making some of the streets too narrow to path for vehicles. I can remove them for vehicle navmeshing, but I still need them for updating the infantry navmesh. So, the solution is to keep two copies of the static objects: one for infantry and one for vehicle navmeshing. That way I can generate the navmeshes separately.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 28 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #6

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

updated files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_o_kOaz7R...iew?usp=sharing

Just copy these over the existing ones for OBP.

Includes 64 player setup. Expands 32p combat area. Greatly expanded vehicle navmesh. 48P is 64p size without vehicles, just for testing.

I went a little too far on the vehicle navmesh settings and bots tend to bump into some things in vehicles, especially in mechs. I was having problems getting a full vehicle navmesh generated, so I just opened the settings wide open. Now, I need to optimize the settings and it should be right on.

In the 64 p version, at the MEC base you can see the FAVs bad vibration on this map and why I replaced them in 32p version. You can also see the issue with the PAC tank. And, the gateway on the South side is too low and the bots get hung up. I may need to just remove the static from the map.

For the infantry navmesh, there is a second level up the stairways that is partly navmeshed. I want to complete it and move some CPs up there to have the bots play there as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Jul 31 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #7

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

This update has the final vehicle navmesh and updated vehicles in 64p sp mode. Coop not updated yet.

I replaced the hopping FAV with HOV light.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dt4...dit?usp=sharing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Aug 1 2017, 02:10 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Dnamro @ Jul 31 2017, 09:32 PM) *
This update has the final vehicle navmesh and updated vehicles in 64p sp mode. Coop not updated yet.

Hello, maybe eyes are bad or something, but in the list I cannot find BF2142 op. Blue Pearl.

Little report to previous update.

Game crashes then you leave stationary anti vehicle gun. Also you can't zoom. EU light cars just simply could be removed as APCs and tanks are enough to transport most of bots.

Some weird black texture glitches appears after navmesh update (image below). But on the other hand gamemodes are incredibly fun and I will do my best to test them properly and help to solve issues.

This post has been edited by Sgt_Prof: Aug 1 2017, 02:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Aug 1 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #9

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sgt_Prof @ Aug 1 2017, 03:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Dnamro @ Jul 31 2017, 09:32 PM) *

Hello, maybe eyes are bad or something, but in the list I cannot find BF2142 op. Blue Pearl.

Little report to previous update.

Game crashes then you leave stationary anti vehicle gun. Also you can't zoom. EU light cars just simply could be removed as APCs and tanks are enough to transport most of bots.

Some weird black texture glitches appears after navmesh update (image below). But on the other hand gamemodes are incredibly fun and I will do my best to test them properly and help to solve issues.

The HOV lights are great fun slipping and sliding all over that open space between the Harbor and the pilbox. There are not many maps with them and none with open space like on this map that have them.

Also, I tried the Goliath (IFV) but it can't fit through the southern most path.

I have no idea about your graphic issues?

I will definitely have to find a solution for the exit stationary weapon crash problem. It happened once to me. I was hoping it was just a rare glitch. Maybe it is related to not being able to Zoom. Now, I have two versions of the stationary weapons, one with and one without autocontrollers. I wonder if it is the autocontroller causing the problems. I might need to setup the automated ones so they can't be used by bots or players. In that case I would need to add some regular ones for players to use.

Thanks for the playtesting feedback!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Aug 2 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #10

Sorry I must mention that graphics issue was connected with new objects alpha texture layers so it has nothing to do with your work. I solved visual issue smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Aug 2 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #11

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Well, that is good to know that the graphics issues are on your end, but the crashing when exiting the static gun has me baffled. It has to be something wrong with the setup of the map. I suspect its the same issue with why some of the vehicles are acting funny, like the vibrating that we were seeing in the FAVs. The statics work fine in other maps. I will just remove them for now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Aug 3 2017, 12:26 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Dnamro @ Aug 2 2017, 05:34 PM) *
Well, that is good to know that the graphics issues are on your end, but the crashing when exiting the static gun has me baffled. It has to be something wrong with the setup of the map. I suspect its the same issue with why some of the vehicles are acting funny, like the vibrating that we were seeing in the FAVs. The statics work fine in other maps. I will just remove them for now.

Thank you for update. What is more, on blue pearl I experience performance issues and I guess it's all related to vibrating vehicles. I've seen vibrating PAC hover tank as well which somehow rolled in air twice and landed on ground again what resulted in several teamkills. Best working vehicles are walkers and APCs so far as well as EU tank.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 03:29 PM