IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Destroyer ships from Lions Roar exported to Vanilla BF2, OPERATIONAL SHIPS FOR YOU WITH BOT SUPPORT
bluehawk112
post Apr 23 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #1

Dishonorable Discharge

Group: Guests
Member No.: 10,005

Hey guys,
I finally succeeded to export the JP_DDG173_sp and the ch_052c_sp destroyer ships to vanilla bf2.
I implemented them already into Wake_Island_2007, they can and will be driven by bots (for the Chinese ship itīll take a little bit longer for the bots to occupy it, you got to be patient laugh.gif )

Both ships donīt have torpedos and tomahawks, but they do have cannons, AA guns and AA missiles which will be used by bots.
I made them almost undestroyable (their destruction is not impressive, I took the effect from the boat_rib... ph34r.gif )

So, have fun guys, credits to all the phantastic developers from Lionīs Roar who gave permission to use their stuff..

DL:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3cfm2tt94v50..._DESTROYERS.zip
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Apr 24 2017, 06:36 AM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

So, have fun guys, credits to all the phantastic developers from Lionīs Roar who gave permission to use their stuff..

permission granted so stickied. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Apr 25 2017, 03:56 AM
Post #3

Dishonorable Discharge

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ Apr 24 2017, 02:36 PM) *

permission granted so stickied. smile.gif

Thank you, MCR happy.gif

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Apr 25 2017, 06:36 AM
Post #4

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 11,469

Yeah, General_Bradly showed me this mod for the first time last night. He was talking about using some of the code in the mod maybe for making working landing craft. I saw where he granted people to use content from his mod. I think that was really awesome of the creator to do that.

Here is to hoping somebody can help me use the aircraft carrier code to make an already exported static model of the Enterprise from 1942 work in BFKorea. I would really be blown away if that were able to be done. I got the model as a single mesh if anybody would like to try?

Controllable carrier with jets and prop planes and helicopters on it would be pretty great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cataly63
post Apr 25 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #5

Captain

Member No.: 12,093

QUOTE (bluehawk112 @ Apr 24 2017, 01:12 AM) *
Hey guys,
I finally succeeded to export the JP_DDG173_sp and the ch_052c_sp destroyer ships to vanilla bf2.
I implemented them already into Wake_Island_2007, they can and will be driven by bots (for the Chinese ship itīll take a little bit longer for the bots to occupy it, you got to be patient laugh.gif )

Both ships donīt have torpedos and tomahawks, but they do have cannons, AA guns and AA missiles which will be used by bots.
I made them almost undestroyable (their destruction is not impressive, I took the effect from the boat_rib... ph34r.gif )

DL:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3cfm2tt94v50..._DESTROYERS.zip

Hi BlueHawk112,

It's a good start, but it's just the beginning, i think: there are lot of bugs to solve: a small list?

The depth of the sea will have to be increased because the boats run aground: the front and rear foams are not proportional to the size of the boats: the American boat often sails back, which is rather strange; As if AI did not recognize the front of the back: I also noticed that my FPS drops very strongly at home and that the game crashes very quickly:

But, be careful, I must specify that I only tested the map on Bf2 1.41. And with Xp.
So my experience may not be valid for the 1.5 version of the game ...

I'll try it tomorrow with Bf2 1.5 (other computer) and I'll talk about it

Anyway, this idea of adding these two boats is interesting; Nostalgia for Bf1942 ?? wink.gif
Good evening

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Apr 25 2017, 04:16 PM
Post #6

Dishonorable Discharge

QUOTE (cataly63 @ Apr 25 2017, 06:23 PM) *
The depth of the sea will have to be increased ...

Hey thanks for feedback -but I wonīt change a thing tongue.gif . I really like them and for me, theyīre good enough laugh.gif
Iīll be more than happy if somebody is willing to increase the ocean depth - itīs a map thing, Iīm not a mapper so I canīt do this sad.gif
As for the AI: Iīm really happy how the bots use the ships, so I think itīs okay that they also are moving backwards sometimes - I like that, too tongue.gif !
I think, the ships use quite some RAM, so perhaps your crashes are because of your old xp equipment - I donīt experience crashes with them (WIN7).
Have fun guys happy.gif

+Quote Post
cataly63
post Apr 26 2017, 04:18 AM
Post #7

Captain

Member No.: 12,093

QUOTE (bluehawk112 @ Apr 26 2017, 12:16 AM) *
QUOTE (cataly63 @ Apr 25 2017, 06:23 PM) *
The depth of the sea will have to be increased ...

Hey thanks for feedback -but I wonīt change a thing tongue.gif . I really like them and for me, theyīre good enough laugh.gif
Iīll be more than happy if somebody is willing to increase the ocean depth - itīs a map thing, Iīm not a mapper so I canīt do this sad.gif
As for the AI: Iīm really happy how the bots use the ships, so I think itīs okay that they also are moving backwards sometimes - I like that, too tongue.gif !
I think, the ships use quite some RAM, so perhaps your crashes are because of your old xp equipment - I donīt experience crashes with them (WIN7).
Have fun guys happy.gif

Wel, with windows 10 and Bf2 1.5, always the same problems: tell us from what mod comes your map, since in the vanilla game, wake does not have navmesh.
maybe the problem comes from there...

This post has been edited by cataly63: Apr 26 2017, 04:19 AM

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Apr 26 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #8

Dishonorable Discharge

QUOTE (cataly63 @ Apr 26 2017, 12:18 PM) *
Wel, with windows 10 and Bf2 1.5, always the same problems: tell us from what mod comes your map, since in the vanilla game, wake does not have navmesh. maybe the problem comes from there...

The map does not come from any specific mod as far as I remember, I think I downloaded the new server.zip with 64SP somewhere here in this forum. But it can be downloaded anywhere, just google bf2 wake island 64 SP...like here:
http://www.bf-games.net/downloads/1243/wak...7-16-32-64.html
(Take the BF-Games server)

I donīt have crashes at all.
Iīm pretty sure though that your map crashes result from missing "look at wrapper" lines in your main modīs AI /AIbehaviours.con, see here:

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...php?t18735.html
Basically, youīll have to check each relevant section in your AI/AIbehaviours.con file if this line is existent - if not, youīll have to add it-like Clivewil says:
QUOTE: CLIVEWIL Oct 11 2015, 02:49 AM

correct, the lookAtWrapper line needs to be added to any ai type that doesn't already have it - the most likely culprit is the 'Fixed' type, but you may as well do any others too just in case

This post has been edited by bluehawk112: Apr 26 2017, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post
QRF(Montster)
post May 4 2017, 04:04 AM
Post #9

Private

Member No.: 10,721

you did it ! men =) im working on how tomahawk missile work i already imported it in my own mod..

--------------------
"Watch My SIx"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 11:18 AM